PINK FLOYD, DAVID GILMOUR, AND ROGER WATERS

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
\m/>.<\m/
Bought The CDs

PINK FLOYD, DAVID GILMOUR, AND ROGER WATERS

Post by \m/>.<\m/ »

Because some of the greatest musicians of all time need a thread on here. Roger Waters is the only guy from Pink Floyd that's still touring as far as I know. Did anyone go see him on his latest "The Wall Tour"? It looked incredible!

Also, what are your favorite Pink Floyd, David Gilmour, or Roger Waters songs/albums?

My favorite Floyd albums are the big four and The Division Bell. I haven't really cared for any of Gilmour or Waters' solo material.
It's kinda hard to choose favorite Pink Floyd songs cuz you really HAVE to listen to the whole albums.

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: PINK FLOYD, DAVID GILMOUR, AND ROGER WATERS

Post by Vaux »

Pink Floyd is awesome. I first got into Floyd back in 94 I think, when my buddy took me to a Pink Floyd laser show. It was quite a way to be introduced to them. From then on I was hooked, went out and bought Dark Side and Wish You Were Here. Those CD's sounded really great in my amplified car stereo. Dark Side and Pulse are probably my favorites.

\m/>.<\m/
Bought The CDs

Post by \m/>.<\m/ »

Yeah I've actually only been a fan for about 10 months now. I rented all their biggest albums from my library, got hooked, then went out and bought them all over the course of like five months. I've got all the stuff from Dark Side to The Wall, and then The Division Bell. Incredible stuff!

Nick
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Nick »

I just heard Atom Heart Mother recently and it blew my mind. I've been meaning to get into Pink Floyd for a long time now and I think this will be my way in.
gbruin wrote:Everything Nick says is true. Even when he disagrees with me. Then it's extra true.

\m/>.<\m/
Bought The CDs

Post by \m/>.<\m/ »

Man, I wish I could go back and re-introduce myself to the Floyd!!! It's such a great experience! I'd definitely suggest renting Dark Side of the Moon or Wish You Were Here from a library and listening through them! It's amazing!!

Nick
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Nick »

I have to admit, I own Dark Side of the Moon and it hasn't quite hit me yet. I need to learn how to listen to it as an album and I think getting accustomed to some of the Floyd sound on another album will help.
gbruin wrote:Everything Nick says is true. Even when he disagrees with me. Then it's extra true.

snowman
Bought The CDs

Post by snowman »

One of my all time favorite songs: On The Turning Away. Why? No idea? I just love it. That song just sounds massive and epic to me.

\m/>.<\m/
Bought The CDs

Post by \m/>.<\m/ »

I actually rented AMLOR from my library the other day and I was gonna listen through it a few times, but I haven't got to it yet. I love Learning to Fly, Dogs of War, and One Slip though. I don't remember how most of the other ones go. It's hard to choose favorite Pink Floyd songs because of how their albums flow from start to finish. You kinda have to choose favorite sections or groups of songs.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

What are your thoughts about them releasing new music? Here's a little snippet:

http://www.pinkfloyd.com/theendlessriver/listen

I can't help being really excited, even though these big reunion albums often are a disappointment.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I haven't heard the new album yet. But I love Wish You Were Here, Have A Cigar, ect. Glad to see them back.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23