*Ex-Three Days Grace Singer's New Band-Saint Asonia*

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: *Ex-Three Days Grace Singer's New Band-Saint Asonia*

Post by facelessman07 »

During the Life Starts Now era his voice wasn't amazing live, it honestly sounded similar to how it did in their live performance in May. Which leads me to believe all the lack of polished vocals in these songs is directly tied to the studio work. Transit of Venus sounded great, as far as his voice goes, so whoever worked on his vocals with 3DG deserves a Nobel Prize

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/2vGChWN_6QI[/youtube]

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

^ If I recall correctly, that is a solo Gontier song he's had around for awhile

Another song by these guys I can't really get behind. Ugh

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Well guys, this record sucks

Officially disappointed. Was hoping the finished record would be better than what we've been given thus far, but that has proven to NOT be the case

HUGE disappointment. HUGE. Not buying the album

A band composed of these musicians has no excuse as to why they can't put out a quality album

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/4wNx6-NH5x8[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/cZLrt5v3Wn8[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/w0yMqlkz8EY[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/_O3HCqlLEHE[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/rnoPhEycyqo[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/EaItYPc9RHI[/youtube]

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

WHAT ARE EVERONES THOUGHTS?!?!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I'll make my thoughts once I get a listen of it. However, based on the songs I've heard, and what you thought about it, this could go down, along with Three Days Grace's Human album, as the least favorite albums I've heard this year.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I listened to some of the songs that were posted in here (surprisingly many actually) and wasn't impressed. Won't listen to the entire album. I didn't think it was as bad as some people made it to be though, but you guys were probably expecting more from it. I never was a big 3DG fan to start with.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

In all honesty, it's not a bad album. It's way better than what Three Days Grace offered this year. I have a bad grading scale, but I usually think if I find, at least, five songs from the album that I could add to my Spotify playlist, it gets at least a 7/10. I found those five songs already in the form of Better Place, Even Though I Say, Fairy Tale, Waste My Time, and Dying Slowly. Dying Slowly really does sounds like a Three Days Grace track that I would hear on radio (which is kinda of a good sign).

It's an all right album all in all.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Since the lead singer is with three days grace, does this mean that My Darkest Days are no more?

Ehh forget it. I just googled it.

\m/Tremonster\m/
White Knuckled

Post by \m/Tremonster\m/ »

Saint Asonia... With Mark Tremonti!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Not really a fan of this band. Never thought the singer had much range, even in younger days with 3DG.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

One Drew Remains wrote:Not really a fan of this band. Never thought the singer had much range, even in younger days with 3DG.
Doesn't really. Only has about 2 octaves. Half the range Myles has. Has more than Mark though. But 3DG was much better than this is now.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
facelessman07 wrote:In a recent interview Gontier was quoted as saying that his voice is in the best shape its ever been in

This is what singers say when their voice is on a downward slope. Shame
Sad but true.
I dont think most singers' voices improve with age. Touring and whatnot....

One Drew Remains wrote:Not really a fan of this band. Never thought the singer had much range, even in younger days with 3DG.
Lol, by that standard, that means that most singers dont have much range.

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Doesn't really. Only has about 2 octaves. Half the range Myles has. Has more than Mark though. But 3DG was much better than this is now.
Please. Not trying to get technical here, but Myles probably only has around 3 ish or so actually usable octaves, especially live etc. Most singers cant nail super high notes like he can anyways.

Sorry if that sounds almost dickish. Im a very straightforward person.

----What is Adam gonna do when Staind are touring? Just do solo work or something?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

cheesedip1 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Please. Not trying to get technical here, but Myles probably only has around 3 ish or so actually usable octaves, especially live etc. Most singers cant nail super high notes like he can anyways.

If by useable octaves, you mean the range of his voice that spans singing words without just doing 'high notes' He can sing from B♭1 to a G5. Everything after G5 is 'high notes'. That in itself is already 3 octaves and 7 'notes' so just under the highest point of his 4 octaves.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
cheesedip1 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

If by useable octaves, you mean the range of his voice that spans singing words without just doing 'high notes' He can sing from B♭1 to a G5. Everything after G5 is 'high notes'. That in itself is already 3 octaves and 7 'notes' so just under the highest point of his 4 octaves.
I meant to say something else. Here let me try again....

what i mean to say was

Its more likely E2 -G5. Do i know for sure? No, but its a LOT more likely. Notes that u can only reach by speaking or by screaming at the top of ur lungs arent supposed to technically count, cuz u dont actually sing them.

so that would make it more around 3 octaves and 3 notes.

My observation is somewhat speculation but the thing is, ppl on those type of websites can get thing wrong from time to time.

Anyways, thats all i have to say.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

cheesedip1 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
cheesedip1 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

I meant to say something else. Here let me try again....

what i mean to say was

Its more likely E2 -G5. Do i know for sure? No, but its a LOT more likely. Notes that u can only reach by speaking or by screaming at the top of ur lungs arent supposed to technically count, cuz u dont actually sing them.

so that would make it more around 3 octaves and 3 notes.

My observation is somewhat speculation but the thing is, ppl on those type of websites can get thing wrong from time to time.

Anyways, thats all i have to say.
Considering this thread is about Saint Asonia I suggest we drop this conversation. Regardless of who's right or wrong, I didn't even ask for an argument about who thinks they know more about singers vocal ranges than the other person. I was just supporting Drew's observation by using Myles as an example for range.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Sweet! My thread has life again!

And Saint Asonia still sucks. Can't even listen to their material. Adam better get whoever perfected his 3DG vox in the studio back on board for the next album

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

facelessman07 wrote:Sweet! My thread has life again!

And Saint Asonia still sucks. Can't even listen to their material. Adam better get whoever perfected his 3DG vox in the studio back on board for the next album

What will Adam do when Staind is touring? Just do solo work?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, they released a new album, last year, called Flawed Design. I given this one full listen, but I think I liked this better than their previous album. Sure, like Breaking Benjamin's albums, it's brings nothing new to the table when you got the former, more-well known, Three Days Grace singer and the guitarist from Staind, but as a guy that grows up on that 00s alt metal sound, I like it. Having some guest vocals like Sully Erna of Godsmack and Sharon Den Adel of Within Temptation in a few songs helped a bit as well.

Ghost and Martyrs are the standouts for me. It's good to see Adam Gontier back in the fray since I was wondering what happened to him and he had to deal with some personal problems in between albums. Hopefully, I get to see these guys in some form live, but with Staind doing a big summer tour with Disturbed (which I am going to a show), it remains to be seen.