Guns N Roses (original line up)

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Re: Guns N Roses (original line up)

Post by One Drew Remains »

My problem with some of those afore mentioned "filler" songs is that half of them are just Axl ranting. Imagine if they had actual meaningful lyrics behind them.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

mockingbird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mockingbird »

I can't wait for the Troubadour pro shots!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Axl singing my favorite AC/DC song, and absolutely killing it:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/rkoLe7c3skM[/youtube]
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Axl's voice fits better to AC/DC songs than to GnR songs by now.

Apparently the AC/DC fans that were on the concert in Belgium were positively surprised by Axl. That's at least what someone in the German GnR forum said.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

A few of my friends went, and they were all really upset at first when it was announced that Axl was going to sing. Afterwards they said he did a great job but that it wasn't the same without Brian.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Took my son to a ball game a couple of weeks ago. They had a 30 foot guns and roses banner hanging off of arrowhead stadium. That was kind of a surreal moment.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So GNR's summer stadium tour has began today in Detroit and thanks to the lovely people that were there and had Periscope, I was able to watch the show. It's all right. It's as good as it can be for a bunch of 50 years olds. No one sounds incompetent and I'm sure the stadium crowd, that spend hundreds of dollars to be there, really appreciates that Slash, Duff, and Axl are on the same stage without any animosity whatsoever. I'm still not going to their LA show though. I don't really have too much of an emotional investment of GNR whatsoever to warrant paying $100+ for decent seats, but for those that do want to see GNR, they look good.

I guess everyone wins though. Slash is back in GNR and sounds good. GNR is back to doing stadiums, and most importantly, Myles has the rest of 2016 to focus on AB. Huzzah!

Here's the setlist

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Raw Power (Iggy and The Stooges cover) with "You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory" intro
This I Love
Civil War
Coma
Godfather Theme
Sweet Child O' Mine
Better
Out Ta Get Me
Jam "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd, Slash & Fortus Guitar Duet
November Rain
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Don't Cry
The Seeker (The Who cover)
Paradise City

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-ro ... e4ddf.html

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Well, this is embarrassing.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Sounds more like a drunk karaoke night than a Guns N' Roses concert.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: It's so easy, easy, when everybody's tryna put their albums on Spotify.

Post by Inconquerable »

So I saw reunited Guns in July 2016, was the show of my life truthfully. I've been a huge fan of the band since forever ago and consider them my favourite band, so to see the majority of them back together playing their music for three hours was something I'll never forget. And to say that I saw Coma and Estranged live in the same show? Big deal for me. I would have liked to have seen Izzy and Steven involved, but hey Axl and Slash sharing the stage again after so long is hardly something to complain about.

That said, without new music out, it's kind of hard to justify going to the show this summer. I'm curious to see what ticket sales have been like for the upcoming stadium show, because by now the nostalgia has worn off (it's been almost four years since the first reunion show), and without new music on the horizon, I'm sure fewer and fewer people will show up. Unless I'm just being old and crotchety and people older than I am are happy to go to see them again playing the same songs. I also watched a stream of their show in Miami earlier this year and wasn't super impressed with it.

I read a Slash interview as well where he said something about Guns "not being sure" how to release an album in 2020, which makes me laugh considering the amount of albums Slash put out last decade. Not to mention Duff, who just put out an album last year or whenever it was? If they surprise us with new music, I'd be way more willing to go. But as it stands, I think I'm going to sit this tour out.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: GUNS N' *COUGHING* ROSES!

Post by Inconquerable »

Just when I thought I was out, they reel me back in!

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

2 newish GnR songs. They probably got mentioned in the Myles thread. Hard Skool is cool but that Absurd song a dumpster fire.

https://youtu.be/NdBsMBaqnME

https://youtu.be/Qx3RfdAdCpQ