Gojira

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Gojira

Post by Violent Corpse »

Why don't we have a Gojira thread? One of the most talented group of musicians out there.
New album coming out this June. :peace

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Gojira

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Probably the best modern metal band out there right now. They are insanely good.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I bought myself and my brother tickets to see these guys back in 2012. I hadn't heard any of their songs and I didn't think they were my type of music, but it was my brother's birthday coming up and I knew he liked them. He pulled out of the gig at last minute, I tried selling the tickets but couldn't, so I thought I might as well go. Despite not listening to any of their music beforehand, I was completely blown away. Now they're one of my favourite metal bands, they're certainly one of the most impressive metal bands going.

I believe they've got a new single out this Friday. I was just listening to World To Come on my way home from walk, that sound is hypnotic.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Their drummer is insanely good. And he's still so young!

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

I was looking for a thread about Gojira after I heard about the single coming tomorrow.
So psyched. Sick band, very very good drummer indeed! And Myles and Mark are fans as well!

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNdC_3LR2AI

HOLY HOLY WHAT guys this single is absolutely incredible...otherworldly. THey really are driving metal into a new planet of beauty. So heartfelt and earnest but oh crap the metal lol...yeah probably my favorite metal band
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

edit; okay, that didn't work...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Incredible song. I always admired these guys and love a lot of their songs, but never took the time to really get into them. That's gonna change.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Gonna check them out soon

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Gonna check them out soon

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

Not sure about the new song though... I like it, but it's almost kind of 'normal' haha! Not really that bombastic and unpredictable riffing I hoped for. It's a real 'song', with a hooky chorus and all!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I don't understand the hype around this band. Maybe because I don't like the vocals at all. Guitars sound like a better version of Metalcore guitars.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

I got into them because of Flying Whales and The Heaviest Matter and the insane drumming. Though I fully understand people who can't get into Gojira. To each their own I suppose.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Loving the new track

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I love their new song, it's more straightforward but has everything I love about Gojira. It's got an aggressive riff, aggressive vocals and really tasty drum fills. Judging by Facebook and Youtube comments it seems like a lot of people are disappointed, but I really like it.

AliceMudgarden
White Knuckled

Post by AliceMudgarden »

Timotheus wrote:Incredible song. I always admired these guys and love a lot of their songs, but never took the time to really get into them. That's gonna change.
Same here. They've been on my backlog for far too long. Definitely gonna listen to all their albums before years end.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I'm planning on going backwards in their catalogue, but I'm stuck on L'Enfant Savage because it's so good. Been listening to this album for a few days now. I remember listening to this album a few years ago, but I didn't like the vocals back then.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

The first two albums are more death-metaly and brutal. Though that is a constant feature throughout their career, the earlier sound is more raw in that regard.

IMO, L'Enfant Suavage is the weakest album in their catalogue. The Way of All Flesh is my personal favorite. It's brutal with an epic feel.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

Got a new song because I pre-ordered via iTunes. This one I like better, great drumming and some nice riffs. Although the album direction is clear here, it's a bit more accessible because of a more fixed song structure with more repetition.

There we go

[youtube]http://youtu.be/iVvXB-Vwnco[/youtube]

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Killer track. Can't wait for the full thing