SEVENDUST

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Micky
On The Rail

Re: SEVENDUST

Post by Micky »

That was really good. Lajon sounded killer.
Thanks Andy!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Going to see them acoustic in either Little Rock or Fayetteville in November. Can't wait.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

One Drew Remains wrote:Going to see them acoustic in either Little Rock or Fayetteville in November. Can't wait.
ill be there in fayetteville yo... even though i cant really find where it says that they are coming

Edit: nevermind, just found it. Yep, already going with my friend. Anyone know of existing setlists for the acoustic stuff?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ I got you covered. I watched a full youtube video of one of those shows. It was pretty good.

Trust
Prayer
Crucified
Xmas Day
Under It All
Skeleton Song
The Wait
Denial
Disgrace
Rumble Fish
Gone
Come Down
Hurt
(Nine Inch Nails cover)
Angel's Son
Black

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sevendust ... 01502.html

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

hell ya. their regular concert setlist is only 10-12 songs. id love a long, non screamo concert

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

John posted on facebook that the guys are hitting the studio soon to record a new heavy album and i just saw some pics of them in the studio. Can't wait!
Thanks Andy!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Yeah. There is an interview with Morgan when they did shiprocked. He says it might be out by july, I think.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

New single debuting tomorrow morning on Octane. It'll probably show up online tomorrow.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So is there anywhere else we could hear this single?

On another note, I found something interesting on their wiki page. "In an April 13 conversation with Metalholic.com, guitarist Clint Lowery said the band hopes to record another acoustic album in about two years and wants to make it part of the Sevendust cycle. He also shared that the band plans to release a live DVD with both standard and acoustic concerts as well as a historical retrospective of the band for an early 2015 release. Guitarist John Connolly confirmed on his Facebook page that "the live DVD recording was on hiatus due to business decisions" and would likely be something the band would still pursue.

Weren't DC3 in charge of that one? If so...., oh boy.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Just heard the new single. Sounds like something from Cold Day Memory. But its sick. Its face paced and heavy, it doesn't let up. Love the melodies and LJ is perfect - per usual. Dark and brutal, yet still beautiful and easy to listen to. Its nothing we haven't come to expect from typical post-Alpha Sevendust, but I'm definitely excited for their new record.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Bought the new single this morning and it's fucking awesome. Can't wait for Kill The Flaw! love me some Sevendust!
Thanks Andy!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Caught the new single on Octane this afternoon. Sounds pretty good, looking forward to the new album.

BastiMix
Loyal Follower

Post by BastiMix »

anguyen92 wrote:So is there anywhere else we could hear this single?

On another note, I found something interesting on their wiki page. "In an April 13 conversation with Metalholic.com, guitarist Clint Lowery said the band hopes to record another acoustic album in about two years and wants to make it part of the Sevendust cycle. He also shared that the band plans to release a live DVD with both standard and acoustic concerts as well as a historical retrospective of the band for an early 2015 release. Guitarist John Connolly confirmed on his Facebook page that "the live DVD recording was on hiatus due to business decisions" and would likely be something the band would still pursue.

Yup, that was the magic of DC3 runing a promising project yet again... I was looking forward to this DVD...

As far as the new single, I love it. Indeed, it reminds me of Cold Day Memory (my favorite 7D album) and what makes me really happy is the fact that the clarity has come back to the guitars. Black Out The Sun was a good album musically but all the guitars sounded so, let's say mashed up. Now you can hear the riffs better, you hear the individual notes. It's an improvement!
Please give them a like :)

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

anguyen92 wrote:Guitarist John Connolly confirmed on his Facebook page that "the live DVD recording was on hiatus due to business decisions" and would likely be something the band would still pursue.

:facepalm :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

endofsilence93
Bought The CDs

Post by endofsilence93 »

I liked the new track very well. Definitely looking forward to the new album!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Good shit.

Post by austinjhnsn »

sevendust is the shit.
Thanks Timo!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So decided to watch their proshot of the highlights of their acoustic show from AXS TV again, thanks to the magic of DVR. Everything was so good. The band, crowd, the aura, song selection, etc. Shame that the DVD release of one of these shows just did not materialize due to DC3 shenanigans. Would have been great with the full setlist. Just another missed opportunity.

Here's the set from the Axs proshot.

Trust
Skeleton Song
The Wait
Denial
Disgrace
Gone
Come Down
Black

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I caught the second half of that when it was on. Good stuff.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

On another note, I didn't know that Sevendust is the opening band for the upcoming Shinedown/Breaking Benjamin tour for the November dates. Now I really wish this tour package hit SoCal.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Nothing More is the opener on the west coast part...is that one not coming near you? I got tickets to the Huntington show.