The Struts

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
abw1987
Blood Machines

The Struts

Post by abw1987 »

Any Struts fans in here?

My wife and I first saw them a couple years ago at the MMRBQ festival hosted by Philadelphia rock station WMMR each summer. They had an early slot but won us (and most of the crowd, I suspect) over with their engaging and dynamic performance. Not long after we saw them at the TLA, a small club in Philly which they easily sold out. On Sunday night we saw them a third time for the latter of two back-to-back sold out shows at the larger Fillmore. It seems they are a band on the rise. Luke, the singer, obviously has whatever gene makes one a naturally gifted performer – he effortlessly commands the audience from every corner of the stage and has been compared to Mick Jagger and Freddie Mercury, both of which I think are apt.

Their music is a bit more poppy/alt rock, and thus probably not TABN's typical jam. However, they have a knack for writing melodies that are both catchy and interesting, which I'm sure will appeal to at least some slice of the AB fan base. They're also not too dissimilar from The Darkness, another band I especially enjoy. Their debut album, Everybody Wants (2014), is a bit more rock-oriented and therefore IMO stronger than last year's follow-up, Young & Dangerous, so I'd recommend starting with the former if you haven't heard them yet.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: The Struts

Post by Andy92 »

I saw them open for the Foo Fighters in 2018. Haven’t checked out any of their records but I remember being impressed with their live show. The lead singer had a lot of personality on stage.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.