Angels & Airwaves

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Angels & Airwaves

Post by chtimixeur »

I don't know if there are fans of this band on the forum, but while listening to their newest album, I coudn't help but notice a similarity with Creed's Who's Got my Back.

Listen at 1:12 and 2:32.

Listen at 6:51.

Am I the only one hearing a resemblance?
The album's really good, by the way.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Re: Angels & Airwaves

Post by Devil Inside You »

This is my best friend's favorite band. Blink 182 is to him what Stone Temple Pilots/Creed are to me. I hear the resemblance and sent it to him. He fucking hates Creed so I just told him I caught him as a closet Creed fan hahahaa

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Tom Delonge is a really talented guy. He still has an ability to write really catchy choruses.
I was never a huge fan of Angels & Airwaves until now, but that new album has everything I used to like in Blink-182 (which has become a parody of itself without Tom's involvement).

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Never heard of that band before, sounds cool tho. There is some resemblance to the Creed song, but I would say that that's more of a coincidence.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

For me, it's also a coincidence.
I think we're hearing melotron during those parts, and that instrument just gives songs a certain similar sound.

In this one, I'm hearing a Foo Fighters influence on the guitar, and I think it's also coincidental.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

I love Blink. Angels & Airwaves are hit and miss for me. The new album is solid.