Official TRIVIUM Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Official TRIVIUM Thread

Post by fix »

I agree with Timo, I like Trivium at their most extreme I guess (Shogun).
Love the chorus of Thrown into the Fire, and thought the Revanchist had a few real Alter Bridgey riffs haha.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

The more I listen to this album, the more enjoyment I get out of it. Not generally a fan of aggressive/screaming/growling vocals, but it is done very well here. The instrumentation is excellent and interesting throughout the whole album. If I had to pick a favorite, it’s probably The Revanchist. Definitely the most similar to an AB “epic”-like style, just a bit more aggressive. Do yourself a favor and listen to this album
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

AHart96 wrote:The more I listen to this album, the more enjoyment I get out of it. Not generally a fan of aggressive/screaming/growling vocals, but it is done very well here. The instrumentation is excellent and interesting throughout the whole album.
Yea, i have to admit that i actually like the album as a whole. Even though i did not quite enjoy the first listen for some reason.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I think there are a couple weaker songs towards the middle of the album, but overall I really enjoy it. The last 4 songs starting with Sever The Hand are awesome to listen to in a row. Their best album since In Waves.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Still need to hear the whole thing. But being a fan of their more melodic stuff, I love Other Worlds.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

New record came out today! Thought I'd bump this thread in celebration. Personally, I was never a fan of Trivium. I only ever decided to give a few songs from The Sin And The Sentence a try. I liked The Heart From Your Hate a fair bit. And checked out the rest of the record. I cant deny that they are all a talented bunch of dudes, I love the instrumental aspect of their sound, some amazing riffage and drumming and you can actually hear the bass :lol and Matts vocals arent the worst, I dont mind his singing unless there's harsh vocals. But that being said I'm trying to accept that part of the music cause I dont want that interfere with my love for the rest of the bands sound :/

This new record has a lot of bangers in it. Great riffage, great drumming, nice bass tone, and I think Matts vocals are definitely better than they were on TS&TS. So far IX, WTDMS, Catastrophist, and SUY my faves.

1. What The Dead Men Say
2. Catastrophist
3. Sickness Unto You
4. IX
5. Amongst The Shadows & The Stones
6. Bending The Arc To Fear
7. Bleed Into Me
8. The Defiant
9. The Ones We Leave Behind
10. Scattering The Ashes

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

Thought this thread deserved a bump. Their last 2 albums were a bit of a return to form for me after Vengeance Falls and Silence In The Snow. The Sin and the Sentence and What the Dead Men Say are both solid albums.

They released a new song called "In The Court of the Dragon" last month and another new song/album announcement appears to be on the horizon tomorrow. For me, ITCOTD is easily one of their best songs released post-Shogun. Not only is it a real banger start to finish, but there is a lot of Shogun influence here, IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M-GZDJ-4ZY

Looks like a song called "Feast of Fire" is releasing tomorrow, the snippet sounds cool so far:

https://twitter.com/TriviumOfficial?ref ... de%3Dfalse

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I like that intro/outro riff, production, and instrumentals, but TBH the lyrics have mostly never meant anything to me when it comes to Trivium so its more about the vocal melodies in that department, I guess :/ Overall less impressed with this song than ITCOTD.

‘In The Court Of The Dragon’ October 8th 2021

"X"
"In The Court Of The Dragon"
"Like A Sword Over Damocles"
"Feast Of Fire"
"A Crisis Of Revelation"
"The Shadow Of The Abattoir"
"No Way Back Just Through"
"Fall Into Your Hands"
"From Dawn To Decadence"
"The Phalanx"