Official TRIVIUM Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Official TRIVIUM Thread

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah I don't mind the music, but they're putting some odd effects on his vocals.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Hating the vocals on these new tracks, and it's pretty much killing the songs for me. Will pass on this one. Too bad.

alert23
Bought The CDs

Post by alert23 »

New album is good enough to be considered a Trivium record! Has some great tracks on it like Incineration or Strife and some meh moments but that's enough for me! I hope I manage to get to see them on this tour as I never had and let's hope they will play some new songs live

Decay

Post by Decay »

Trivium's new album is shit. In Waves was so good, but the newest one is just... a big pile of shit.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Yeah I tried listening to it and barely made it halfway through. Probably because I went off that style of music ages ago though
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

alert23
Bought The CDs

Post by alert23 »

Well, you may not like it but saying it is shit it's way too much! Lacks originality and that's it. But it's a good album. The melodies in Ascendancy and In Waves are better but Vengeance Falls is superior technically. It took me months to enter the atmosphere of this album. Just give it a few listens and you'll see that is not the shit it could appear at first

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I have been listening to it for the past couple of days. I like most of it. Incineration: The Broken World, Strife and Vengeance Falls are my favorites so far.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

It's a decent album. I'm a big Trivium fan, but I thought it was a step back from In Waves. Shogun is the band's crowning moment imo, but I can understand why they wouldn't want to try doing a second part to that as it can be a bit of a complex album for the average listener to really click with.

Morphitis
Brand New Start

Post by Morphitis »

I agree with Andy92 that Shogun is, musically, the bands best album. Particularly the songs Of Prometheus and Shogun. From a production point of view though i think In Waves is their best sounding record.
Morphitis

Solo heavy rock and metal outfit from the UK (www.facebook.com/morphitis). New single "Seeing in Black and White" out now, influences including Alter Bridge, Tremoniti Project, Trivium and Machine Head.

alert23
Bought The CDs

Post by alert23 »

I remember when In Waves came out everyone was mad at the production and blamed Trivium for going towards a more melodic approach to their songs. Maybe Vengeance Falls was useful to really understand how good In Waves is. About Shogun I totally agree it's another level of music. I think Travis gave his best in this record and I miss the aggressive drums sections in In Waves and VF. The band just took another path with their new drummers, focusing more on the impact of the songs. In Waves was a great effort for Matt to write catchy riffs and choruses and I guess that with the latest record they've tried to take a step back from that.

Morphitis
Brand New Start

Post by Morphitis »

In Waves was much more simplistic writing wise but it sounded huge to me. Whenever I watched an interview of Matt it all seemed to revolve around creating a world of "In Waves" for the listener to go into. With that album they created an image which fitted the songs. Vengeance Falls didn't really achieve that.
Morphitis

Solo heavy rock and metal outfit from the UK (www.facebook.com/morphitis). New single "Seeing in Black and White" out now, influences including Alter Bridge, Tremoniti Project, Trivium and Machine Head.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Well, I may be the only one. But I'm into Vengeance Falls. All of the fast tempo songs (aka the entire album) are great for running.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

alert23
Bought The CDs

Post by alert23 »

I'm into most of the tracks but I keep on skipping Vengeance Falls and To Believe every time I run the whole album.

nickgordon
TABN.com Citizen

Post by nickgordon »

Not to derail the thread, but i went to high school with and was in drumline with their current fill in drummer. My sister graduated with him and distinctly remembers sitting across from him in English class telling him that he was an idiot for not going to college and just doing stuff with drums. Now look where he is...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, with them doing a co-headlining tour with Tremonti, now is a great time to announce this.

They going to get a new album out called "Silence in the Snow" in October.

Here's a single.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/PcIlZ3luYHc[/youtube]

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Sounds like Volbeat playing power metal. Not a big fan.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I kinda like it better than most of Vengeance Falls.
Thanks Timo!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Reminds me of something from Shogun without the screaming, and a bit more simplistic musically. But when the chorus kicks in, I definitely get a Shogun vibe from it. The vocals sound much better on his compared to the horrible effects used on Vengeance Falls. Sounds promising to me, looking forward to this one.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Just read that on his Facebook page. Pretty cool!