Top 10 Bands

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
maximzub
On The Rail

Top 10 Bands

Post by maximzub »

Not sure if this has been asked already...but it seems like an obvious question to ask and a good way to get to know everybody's music tastes. What are your top 10 bands of all time?

Here's what my list looked like at the end of 2022.

10. Downplay
9. Nickelback
8. Pop Evil
7. YU Grupa
6. Metallica
5. Tremonti
4. Breaking Benjamin
3. Halestorm
2. Alter Bridge
1. Volbeat
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Re: Top 10 Bands

Post by Schulzy »

Let me give this a shot. I am basing this on how many albums I've listened to/owned from each band and how I would rate their total output.

10. The Beatles - have owned 5 studio albums, and two greatest hits. Have listened to 5 more studio albums.
9. Our Lady Peace - have owned 5 studio albums, one live album, and one greatest hits.
8. Tremonti - own 5 studio albums.
7. Skillet - have owned 4 studio albums and listened to 2 more.
6. Sevendust - have owned 8 studio albums and one acoustic album. Have listened to 4 more studio albums and 2 greatest hits.
5. Red - have owned 6 studio albums and have listened to one.
4. Disciple - have owned 6 studio albums and have listened to one studio and greatest hits album.
3. Switchfoot - have owned 8 studio albums and listened to 2 more.
2. Creed - owned all 4 studio albums and have listened to greatest hits collections.
1. Alter Bridge - owned all 7 studio albums plus one live album. Have listened to Live At Royal Albert Hall.
_^:Tangled in your trance and I'm certain:^_

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Would have to spend more time ranking them properly, but in no particular order

1. Alter Bridge
2. Tremonti
3. Breaking Benjamin
4. Paramore
5. Flyleaf
6. Queen
7. Journey
8. Foo Fighters
9. Creed
10. Metallica
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Schulzy wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:43 pm Let me give this a shot. I am basing this on how many albums I've listened to/owned from each band and how I would rate their total output.

10. The Beatles - have owned 5 studio albums, and two greatest hits. Have listened to 5 more studio albums.
9. Our Lady Peace - have owned 5 studio albums, one live album, and one greatest hits.
8. Tremonti - own 5 studio albums.
7. Skillet - have owned 4 studio albums and listened to 2 more.
6. Sevendust - have owned 8 studio albums and one acoustic album. Have listened to 4 more studio albums and 2 greatest hits.
5. Red - have owned 6 studio albums and have listened to one.
4. Disciple - have owned 6 studio albums and have listened to one studio and greatest hits album.
3. Switchfoot - have owned 8 studio albums and listened to 2 more.
2. Creed - owned all 4 studio albums and have listened to greatest hits collections.
1. Alter Bridge - owned all 7 studio albums plus one live album. Have listened to Live At Royal Albert Hall.
Didn't think of this! Now I'm gonna do something like this myself.

Downplay:
Own: 5 songs.
Have also heard: Another 5 or so songs.
Seen them live: Never.
Covered them on stage: Never.
Interesting fact that connects me to them: None.

Nickelback:
Own: 8 songs.
Have also heard: Another 10 or so songs.
Seen them live: Never. We might get tickets to see them in 2023.

Pop Evil:
Own: 2 studio albums and a few other songs here and there.
Have also heard: Another few songs here and there.
Seen them live: Once, in 2021.
Covered them on stage: 19 times, 4 different songs. (I also sang karaoke on a different song I haven't played live.)
Interesting fact that connects me to them: I messaged back and forth with Davey Grahs once in the comments section of an Instagram post.

YU Grupa:
Own: 5 studio albums, 3 live albums, and tons of other songs.
Have also heard: I'm pretty sure I've downloaded everything I've heard. Can't say the same is true for the opposite.
Seen them live: Once, in 2018. We have tickets to see them again in 2023.
Covered them on stage: 25 times, 4 different songs.
Interesting fact that connects me to them: I met them after soundcheck at their show in 2018, talked to them for a good while, and got all their signatures. I'm also friends with their drummer on Facebook.

Metallica:
Own: All 10 studio albums, the two singles from the upcoming 11th studio album, 1 fan-made studio album, 1 cover album, 4 live albums, and some other live recordings.
Have also heard: I own everything I've heard, and I've heard everything I own.
Seen them live: Once, in 2021. We are considering getting tickets to see them again in 2024.
Covered them on stage: 100 times, 14 different songs (including Turn The Page and Whiskey In The Jar).
Interesting fact that connects me to them: They did respond to my comment on one of their Instagram posts, but that's about it.

Tremonti:
Own: A few songs from each of 4 studio albums.
Have also heard: The rest of one of said albums, and other songs here and there.
Covered them on stage: 4 times, 2 different songs.
Interesting fact that connects me to them: Mark Tremonti may be aware of my existence. I also own his signature guitar.

Breaking Benjamin:
Own: A few songs from each of all 6 studio albums.
Have also heard: The rest of two of said albums, and other songs here and there.
Seen them live: Twice, once in 2021, and once in 2022.
Covered them on stage: 23 times, 5 different songs.

Halestorm:
Own: 1 studio album, 1 live album, a few songs from each of the other 4 studio albums, and a few songs from each of all 3 cover albums.
Have also heard: Other songs here and there.
Seen them live: Never. We'll get tickets to see them as soon as they announce a show near us.
Covered them on stage: 11 times, 1 different song. (I also sang karaoke on a different song I haven't played live.)
Interesting fact that connects me to them: I have such a big crush on Lzzy Hale that it's not even funny. Also, my best friend has met and hugged Arejay Hale, and has signed drumsticks from him.

Alter Bridge:
Own: All 7 studio albums and 3 live albums.
Have also heard: Some bonus tracks that weren't on the studio albums.
Seen them live: Never. We have tickets to see them in 2023.
Covered them on stage: 79 times, 9 different songs.
Interesting fact that connects me to them: The band may be aware of my existence. Because of my cover of Watch Over You, I was one of 15 winners of a competition where they gave away golden chess piece pendants as the prize.

Volbeat:
Own: All 8 studio albums, all 4 official live albums, 2 fan-made live albums, and 1 demo album.
Covered them on stage: 138 times, 21 different songs.
Interesting fact that connects me to them: Rob Caggiano commented on my video where I played all main riffs from all their released songs up to that point. The rest of the band may be aware of my existence as well because they included some of my covers of their songs in their playlists on YouTube.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Very diverse - order is fluid and dependant of mood of the day - just my 12 favorite bands (could not leave 2 unmentioned - sorry)

Alter Bridge
Tremonti
Slayer
Marillion
Iron maiden
Saxon
Exodus
Testament
Slash MK & C
Guns N Roses
Rolling Stones
AC/DC

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Post by Schulzy »

Max, I like your breakdowns with the live shows, times you've covered them, and fact that connects you to them. I've owned 3 albums from Metallica. The Black Album, Ride The Lightning, and Death Magnetic. I've listened to three albums from Breaking Benjamin. Dear Agony, Phobia, and Ember. I'm going to give Halestorm, Volbeat and Pop Evil some more chances. Mr. Hart, I have owned two Flyleaf albums. Self Titled and Memento Mori. I have listened to a fair amount of Journey and Queen - own one greatest hits album. Never have gotten into Paramore - but I like some of the songs they've recently released - or Foo Fighters - though I can play most of Everlong on guitar. Riemslag, I've heard most of the big songs from GnR, AC/DC, and The Rolling Stones countless times. Slash and The Conspirators is an interesting one for me. I owned the self titled, Apocalyptic Love, and Made in Stoke live album. Thought they were all very good. I find their more recent albums to be a bit bland and 4 was sadly very forgettable.
_^:Tangled in your trance and I'm certain:^_

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Top 4 are solid placements right now, kept in my rotation frequently. 5-10 are probably interchangeable on any given day depending on what Im feeling like.

1. Tremonti
2. Alter Bridge
3. Beyond The Black
4. Periphery
5. Sleep Token
6. Disturbed
7. Trivium
8. Gojira
9. Ad Infinitum
10. Spiritbox
Last edited by SHEAKENBAKEN on Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

There's probably a difference between lifetime achievement and current favorites, but since I'm always nostalgic for the all-timers....

Honorable mention to Gn'R (based on Appetite all by itself), Def Leppard, & Shinedown

10. REO Speedwagon - where rock and roll began for me. Hi InFidelity is still a top 10 all time album for me
9. The Alarm - Welsh protest punk pop rock for the win. Mike Peters is one of my all time favorite musicians. Love Hope Strength!
8. Tesla - unbelievably talented guys who got lost amongst the 80's hair nonsense. Love Song still gives me chills to this day.
7. Metallica - Hard to beat Puppets and Justice for pure power and energy. They changed the landscape forever.
6. Armored Saint - Still and unfairly the most underrated of the LA metal bands ever. Pure class.
5. Kamelot - I only got into these guys in the last 5 years of their 20 year career. What an amazing band.
4. Journey - it's sad how things are finishing up, but what a legacy: Infinity, Evolution, Departure, Escape, Frontiers, &to Raised on Radio...gorgeous.
3. Queensrÿche - Their most recent album is at least their 4th best in their 40 year history. As good now as ever.
2. Alter Bridge - I've never loved a band like I loved AB over their first 3 albums. Saved my life as I know it.
1. Iron Maiden - No band has ever been so great for so long. From Run To The Hills to Infinite Dreams to Paschendale to The Parchment. Up The Irons Forever!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Skittler
Brand New Start

Post by Skittler »

In no particular order.

Queen
Heart
Silverchair
Soundgarden
Led Zeppelin
Nirvana
White Zombie
Creed
Free
CCR

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Hmmm:
1. Rush
2. Alter Bridge
3. Pink Floyd
4. The Aristocrats
5. Metallica
6. Paramore
7. Steely Dan
8. Megadeth
9. Periphery
10. Soundgarden

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

1. Stone Temple Pilots
2. Alice in Chains
3. Creed
4. Sick Puppies
5. Korn
6. Pink Floyd
7. Days of the New/Tantric
8. Fuel
9. Whitfield Crane

It was 10 initially but the more I thought about it, I really just like Tantric when it had the Days of the New guys in the band. So I just counted them as one. For Whitfield Crane, those Another Animal and Medication records are some of my favorite rock albums ever. But I just don't like Ugly Kid Joe at all for some reason. His best work comes from the supergroups he's joined

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I think I might update mine now.

YU Grupa:
Have also heard: I'm pretty sure I've downloaded everything I've heard. Can't say the same is true for the opposite.
Seen them live: Once, in 2018. We have tickets to see them again in 2023.
Covered them on stage: 25 times, 4 different songs.
Interesting fact that connects me to them: I met them after soundcheck at their show in 2018, talked to them for a good while, and got all their signatures. I'm also friends with their drummer on Facebook.

Metallica:
Own: All 10 studio albums, the four singles from the upcoming 11th studio album, 1 fan-made studio album, 1 cover album, 4 live albums, and some other live recordings.
Covered them on stage: 106 times, 14 different songs (including Turn The Page and Whiskey In The Jar).
Interesting fact that connects me to them: They did respond to my comment on one of their Instagram posts, but that's about it.

Pop Evil:
Own: 2 studio albums and a few other songs here and there.
Have also heard: One entire studio album, and another few songs here and there.
Covered them on stage: 19 times, 4 different songs. (I also sang karaoke on a different song I haven't played live.)
Interesting fact that connects me to them: I messaged back and forth with Davey Grahs once in the comments section of an Instagram post.

Mammoth WVH:
Own: All 1 studio albums and the single from the upcoming 2nd studio album.
Have also heard: I haven't yet heard 7 songs from the first album.
Seen them live: Once, in 2023.
Interesting fact that connects me to them: I'm friends with Elvis Baskette on Facebook.

Downplay:
Own: All 6 studio albums.
Have also heard: I haven't heard the entirety of their first two studio albums yet.

Breaking Benjamin:
Own: 3 studio albums and a few songs from each of the other 3 studio albums.
Covered them on stage: 23 times, 5 different songs.

Tremonti:
Own: All 5 studio albums.
Covered them on stage: 4 times, 2 different songs.
Interesting fact that connects me to them: I met Mark Tremonti at a Meet & Greet the day after I saw Alter Bridge for the first time, and he signed my Tremonti PRS, my patch jacket, and a couple posters.

Halestorm:
Own: All 5 studio albums, 1 live album, and a few songs from each of all 3 cover albums.
Seen them live: Never. We might get tickets to see them in 2023.
Covered them on stage: 11 times, 1 different song. (I also sang karaoke on two different songs I haven't played live.)
Interesting fact that connects me to them: I have such a big crush on Lzzy Hale that it's not even funny. Also, my best friend has met and hugged Arejay Hale, and has signed drumsticks from him.

Alter Bridge:
Covered them on stage: 82 times, 9 different songs. (I also sang karaoke on a different song I haven't played live.)
Interesting fact that connects me to them: Apart from Mark who obviously knows i exist, the rest of the band may also be aware of my existence. Because of my cover of Watch Over You, I was one of 15 winners of a competition where they gave away golden chess piece pendants as the prize. And as I mentioned earlier, I'm friends with Elvis Baskette on Facebook.

Volbeat:
Own: All 8 studio albums, all 4 official live albums, 2 fan-made live albums, and 1 demo album.
Covered them on stage: 142 times, 21 different songs.
Interesting fact that connects me to them: Rob Caggiano commented on my video where I played all main riffs from all their released songs up to that point. The rest of the band may be aware of my existence as well because they included some of my covers of their songs in their playlists on YouTube.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Great Question! Of ALL Time!

1. AC/DC
2. Metallica
3. CREED
4. TOOL
5. JOURNEY
6. AlterBridge
7.Tremonti
8. Def Leopard
9. Whitesnake
10. GunsnRoses

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Long overdue update.

Breaking Benjamin:
Own: 3 studio albums and a few songs from each of the other 3 studio albums.
Covered them on stage: 30 times, 5 different songs.

Metallica:
Own: All 11 studio albums, 1 fan-made studio album, 1 cover album, 4 live albums, and some other live recordings.
Covered them on stage: 132 times, 14 different songs (including Turn The Page and Whiskey In The Jar).

Mammoth WVH:
Own: All 2 studio albums.
Covered them on stage: 1 time, 1 different song.
Interesting fact that connects me to them: Jon Jourdan has liked my comments on Facebook a couple times. I'm also friends with Elvis Baskette on Facebook.

Downplay:
Own: All 6 studio albums.
Have also heard: I haven't heard the entirety of their first two studio albums yet.
Covered them on stage: 2 times, 1 different song.

Plush:
Own: All 1 studio albums and the first single from the upcoming 2nd studio album.
Have also heard: Their covers of Barracuda by Heart, Heaven's On Fire by Kiss, and Man In The Box by Alice In Chains.
Interesting fact that connects me to them: I'm the same age as Faith Powell.

YU Grupa:
Seen them live: Three times, once in 2018, and twice in 2023.
Covered them on stage: 29 times, 4 different songs.
Interesting fact that connects me to them: I met them after soundcheck at their show in 2018, talked to them for a good while, and got all their signatures. I'm friends with their drummer on Facebook. At the second show in 2023 that I saw them at, Žika noticed my sign that said "Come to Chicago" in Serbian, and he talked about it for a bit at the end of the show before he left the stage.

Tremonti:
Own: All 5 studio albums.
Covered them on stage: 6 times, 2 different songs.
Interesting fact that connects me to them: I met Mark Tremonti at a Meet & Greet the day after I saw Alter Bridge for the first time, and he signed my Tremonti PRS, my patch jacket, and a couple posters. I'm also friends with Michael Tremonti on Facebook, and he has responded to my comment on social media once.

Halestorm:
Own: All 5 studio albums, 1 live album, and a few songs from each of all 3 cover albums.
Have also heard: The song Takes My Life from their 2006 live demo EP.
Covered them on stage: 30 times, 2 different songs. (I also sang karaoke on two different songs I haven't played live.)
Interesting fact that connects me to them: I have such a big crush on Lzzy Hale that it's not even funny. Because of this, I have tried everything I can to get her attention on social media, and it paid off. She has responded to my online comments four times so far. Also, when I saw them live, I managed to snag five petals from a rose that she threw out into the crowd. I'm keeping them in a small plastic bag in my backpack.

Alter Bridge:
Covered them on stage: 98 times, 10 different songs. (I also sang karaoke on a different song I haven't played live.)
Interesting fact that connects me to them: Apart from Mark who obviously knows I exist, the rest of the band may also be aware of my existence. Because of my cover of Watch Over You, I was one of 15 winners of a competition where they gave away golden chess piece pendants as the prize. And as I mentioned earlier, I'm friends with Elvis Baskette and Michael Tremonti on Facebook.

Volbeat:
Seen them live: Twice, once in 2021, and once in 2023.
Covered them on stage: 168 times, 21 different songs.
Interesting fact that connects me to them: The current members of the band may be aware of my existence because they included some of my covers of their songs in their playlists on YouTube. Also, back in 2021, former guitarist Rob Caggiano commented on my video where I played all main riffs from all their released songs up to that point. As of last week, I'm friends with Rob on Snapchat as well.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!