Tommy Karevik - Kamelot / Seventh Wonder

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Merinda
Sig Queen

Tommy Karevik - Kamelot / Seventh Wonder

Post by Merinda »

Tommy Karevik has overtaken our lord and savior, Myles Kennedy, as my favourite vocalist of all time.

Tommy is the vocalist for power metal band, Kamelot and former singer of prog metal band, Seventh Wonder. Tommy's voice is almost operatic with soul influences and his range is insane.

I got into Seventh Wonder over a year ago and completely fell in love with Tommy's voice (I've recently discovered I have auralism but that's another story) and Tommy tickled my soul with his unreal voice.

Tommy left Seventh Wonder last year and as a result I've turned my focus to Kamelot knowing there's a chance I may see him live in this band.

I noticed Greg has plugged Kamelot a lot but I didn't see an official thread.

Big shout out to Dolo who told me how to make YouTube links work lol.

Some Seventh Wonder tunes:

I Carry The Blame is some of the very best vocals I've ever heard in my life.

Some Kamelot jams:

<- I listen to this several times a day.

Showcase of Tommy's unreal vocal talent:

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Tommy Karevik - Kamelot / Seventh Wonder

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Honestly my only exposure to Tommy/Kamelot came from when I was in my Jennifer Haben phase for 3 months :lol I checked out the song she was featured on. He's got a nice voice I'll give him that.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:10 am Honestly my only exposure to Tommy/Kamelot came from when I was in my Jennifer Haben phase for 3 months :lol I checked out the song she was featured on. He's got a nice voice I'll give him that.

That is my least fave album so far. I'm currently playing the shit out of Haven but will give that one another go.

A 'nice' voice?!

It is a god amongst men kind of voice!!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: and no you can't say all of them

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merinda wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:26 am
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:10 am Honestly my only exposure to Tommy/Kamelot came from when I was in my Jennifer Haben phase for 3 months :lol I checked out the song she was featured on. He's got a nice voice I'll give him that.

That is my least fave album so far. I'm currently playing the shit out of Haven but will give that one another go.

A 'nice' voice?!

It is a god amongst men kind of voice!!
Well what would you say his best vocal performances are then huh!? :eek :lol

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:48 am Well what would you say his best vocal performances are then huh!? :eek :lol

Ummm I literally said in my original post if you even read it!! I Carry The Blame by Seventh Wonder. GOSH.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merinda wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:52 am
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:48 am Well what would you say his best vocal performances are then huh!? :eek :lol

Ummm I literally said in my original post if you even read it!! I Carry The Blame by Seventh Wonder. GOSH.
Yeah but that's just one song, I was thinking you'd at least have like a top 10 or something :P :lol

Merinda
Sig Queen

Re: wellll

Post by Merinda »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:57 am

Yeah but that's just one song, I was thinking you'd at least have like a top 10 or something :P :lol
How much time you got?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: wellll

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merinda wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:03 am
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:57 am

How much time you got?
Didnt know there was a time limit on a message board, not like the post is gonna disappear after 10 minutes :lol

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Fair hahaha.

To be honest, it changes a lot currently as I'm listening to a lot of stuff I haven't listened to before.

These two are playing over and over in my head at the moment though.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Both were good songs. :peace

But the question now is when are you gonna make yourself a Tommy Karevik sig for TABN :lol

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:48 am Both were good songs. :peace

But the question now is when are you gonna make yourself a Tommy Karevik sig for TABN :lol
I already have started on like 4 lol.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Bless you Min for starting this thread. :hug

It's interesting because many old school Kamelot fans (see: Lotha) have never gotten over Roy Khan leaving the band because he has an incredible voice and was such a signature part of Kamelot's formative sound - and I get that (see: Steve Perry in Journey). I was lucky in retrospect to have discovered Kamelot a few years after Tommy came in to the band, so I've always known the band with both singers and was never tied to one, so I love Tommy and his role with Kamelot so so so so so so much.

I love that you included Seventh Wonder, too. It's a really different band from Kamelot. I kind of get bogged down by really prog bands like Dream Theater, but SW is still so accessible and catchy. The Light that you posted upthread is such an incredible song - I think it was my #2 for the year it was released (after Behind The Walls by Queensrÿche).

Isn't it amazing to discover a new band/singer and suddenly have like 15 brand new albums to explore and fall in love with??

Here's my favorite Kamelot song, as much for the video and its meaning as the music itself.

Kamelot - My Therapy

Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

gbruin wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:47 pm Bless you Min for starting this thread. :hug

It's interesting because many old school Kamelot fans (see: Lotha) have never gotten over Roy Khan leaving the band because he has an incredible voice and was such a signature part of Kamelot's formative sound - and I get that (see: Steve Perry in Journey). I was lucky in retrospect to have discovered Kamelot a few years after Tommy came in to the band, so I've always known the band with both singers and was never tied to one, so I love Tommy and his role with Kamelot so so so so so so much.

I love that you included Seventh Wonder, too. It's a really different band from Kamelot. I kind of get bogged down by really prog bands like Dream Theater, but SW is still so accessible and catchy. The Light that you posted upthread is such an incredible song - I think it was my #2 for the year it was released (after Behind The Walls by Queensrÿche).

Isn't it amazing to discover a new band/singer and suddenly have like 15 brand new albums to explore and fall in love with??

Here's my favorite Kamelot song, as much for the video and its meaning as the music itself.

Kamelot - My Therapy

My absolute pleasure Greg :hug

I don't have a lot of interest in listening to Kamelot prior to Tommy to be honest. I might listen to some songs I know will be performed on tour but when band changes something as important as the lead vocalist is, I struggle with the change so to me, Kamelot is Tommy and Tommy alone. That and I'm also becoming increasingly picky about singers.

I actually started listening to SW before listening to Kamelot and once I became completely enamoured with Tommy, I was like well shit, I need to listen to Kamelot now! When I saw Tommy post that he was leaving SW, I was really sad and decided I would need to listen to Kamelot even more as it's the only band I'll probably see him tour with.

Since listening and expanding my obsession with him, I've been listening to the other things he's dabbled in, like with Ayreon. Which is also excellent.

I've been playing the crap out of My Therapy the last couple of days. Can I be the girl in the video who gets the dust (pain) brushed off by Mr Karevik plz. lol.