The Official AVENGED SEVENFOLD Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Re: The Official AVENGED SEVENFOLD Thread

Post by One Drew Remains »

I'm in the same boat, ang. Not a huge fan, but I like 'em enough. They need to play Coming Home live. Great song.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Updated favorites:

1. WTF
2. NIGHTMARE
3. HTTK
4. COE
5. Self-Titled
6. STST
Thanks Timo!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Is it just me or does it sound like M Shadows is losing his voice a bit? Very little screaming at Rock Am Ring.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

One Drew Remains wrote:Is it just me or does it sound like M Shadows is losing his voice a bit? Very little screaming at Rock Am Ring.
Maybe he's just being protective of it? Myles doesn't don't do anything that vocally straining either usually.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I think he's pretty cautious nowadays. He's already had surgery on his vocal chords in the past, and I remember they almost didn't play a concert I was at in 2010 because Shadows has blown out his voice a few days before. You couldn't tell it at the show, but I mean he's definitely not as powerful now as he used to be.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Trailer for the 11th Anniversary edition of Waking the Fallen:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/wkNNcdzJuD0[/youtube]

I think this one item has more old footage of the band than the entire box set has of early day AB. :lol

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Bumping. So A7X is going to release a mobile video game called ‘Hail to the King: Deathbat' and they did three tracks for the soundtrack on it and that they decided to do a contest where people can cover these songs and the band and, I think, fans picks the best one and the winners get some pretty decent prizes.
1 Grand Prize: iPad Air 16GB Wi-Fi only, pre-loaded with the ‘Hail to the King: Deathbat’ video game and the entire digital Avenged Sevenfold catalog of releases; one Schecter guitar signed by the entire band; and a $100 iTunes or Google Play gift certificate (winner’s choice)

5 Runner Ups: Signed Schecter Guitar; merch pack containing one of each t-shirt sold bearing a design related to the Deathbat Video Game; $50 iTunes or Google Play gift certificate (winner’s choice)

10 Additional Prizes (Random Drawing): Free copy of “Hail to the King: Deathbat” and choice of one t-shirt sold bearing a design in connection with the Deathbat Video Game
Here's the link that has the tracks. It's pretty enjoyable to hear. I like the Wicked End Theme out of the three.

http://loudwire.com/hail-to-the-king-de ... ck=tsmclip

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Bumping for some sadish news.
Hello Everyone –
We are writing this to inform you all that we will be moving forward without Arin IIejay as our drummer. Arin has been nothing but a positive energy and monster drummer for us over the past 4 years. We love the guy and always will. We are and will always be grateful to him for helping us to move forward through some very dark times. Creatively though, we felt we needed to move in a different direction. While we can’t say more at this time, we are excited for the future and looking forward to sharing our plans soon with the greatest fans in the world. As always we appreciate your understanding and unwavering support.

With Love –
Matt, Zack, Brian, Johnny
http://www.avengedsevenfold.com/news/mo ... rin-ilejay

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

That bridge though...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

I'm super surprised. Quite decent song with an interesting structure.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Wasnt expecting to like it so much from the first couple minutes but that was super fresh. Everything from the start of the bridge onward is perfect.
Thanks Timo!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

It's ok, I guess. It's not as thrilling as their other longer songs, A Little Piece of Heaven and MIA.

Box Of Frogz
Bought The CDs

Post by Box Of Frogz »

Fucking LOVE this band and this song, to me, is INREDIBLE. A real return to form after Hail To The King. Pleased I got tickets to see them in January.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Its got a really weird vibe. Like "we're kinda fucked" vibe. The music video, especially the end, really gets you thinking.
Thanks Timo!

FlyingMonkey97
Bought The CDs

Post by FlyingMonkey97 »

Love the new drummer. He really fits with this style way better than Arin did. (Arin is doing great with Islander though!)

The song is sick though, it's cool how they release an 8 minute track as a lead single.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Worst part about the song is I felt like Shadow's vocals didn't have much bite to them. Maybe he's lost a bit of a step? Instrumentally, it's really good. Love what the song does in the bridge, and the new drummer fits in well.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Who are the people in the end supposed to be who pull the strings? Hillary Clinton and Angela Merkel?

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Correct, Mr Slash. I believe one of them is also Putin, and the North Korean dude.
Thanks Timo!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

It's pretty good I guess. I like the message more than the actual song. But it's decent.
Altered:

Green_Hammock
Brand New Start

Post by Green_Hammock »

So Avenged Sevenfold are releasing the album titled "The Stage" Friday this week.. well that escalated quickly.

I love The Stage (the song), I didn't think I was going to like it very much after the first couple of minutes same as the poster above but after the bridge I just loved it and love it even more after each listen. A7X was my first or second favourite band (along with Alter Bridge) depending what time you asked me when I was a teenager, I haven't been too much into them the last few years but lately I've been loving listening to their music again.