Performance Videos

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: Performance Videos

Post by Crumbso »

Bit of a stressful gig with the jazz and blues band last night. There was precious little space in the pub and we only had an hour total including set up and tear down time due to it being a local festival. Still people cheered and danced so it wasn't all bad:

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Crumbso wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:46 am Bit of a stressful gig with the jazz and blues band last night. There was precious little space in the pub and we only had an hour total including set up and tear down time due to it being a local festival. Still people cheered and danced so it wasn't all bad:

Sorry, stumbled onto this a little late -- you guys sound fantastic! Just need to remind someone to turn their phone sideways when they film, but otherwise, wonderful videos!
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

It's been a while since anybody posted here.

My graduation party was this June, and there was a lot of music going on that day. 6 different acts, including 2 of my bands. And I jumped in to play/sing with some of the other acts as well.

My main band Headroom Karma played our first set as a full band since we got our new drummer. Here was my personal highlight of our set and of the entire party.

I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:40 am It's been a while since anybody posted here.

My graduation party was this June, and there was a lot of music going on that day. 6 different acts, including 2 of my bands. And I jumped in to play/sing with some of the other acts as well.

My main band Headroom Karma played our first set as a full band since we got our new drummer. Here was my personal highlight of our set and of the entire party.

Well done on that performance. Nice harmonised parts there.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Crumbso wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:39 am
maximzub wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:40 am It's been a while since anybody posted here.

Well done on that performance. Nice harmonised parts there.
Thanks! Danny is the reason that I even know the song in the first place, and it's quickly become one of my favorite songs of all time. I practiced doing the harmonies so I could duet it with him sometimes, but I also sing it myself.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

After a good 3 year break from playing heavy music, a buddy of mine asked me to start a classic metal covers band with him. This was at the end of this year's first jam. We haven't got a singer yet (or a possible second guitarist) and the performance is rough as a badger's behind but damn it's fun to play the loud stuff again.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

My dad and I are in an acoustic duo called Six Speed. We've been playing together in this form since 2021, but we only started playing a couple of real shows last year (besides open mics and jams). This summer looks like it's gonna be even better. Here's a promo video so you can see what our act is like.

Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

maximzub wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:55 am My dad and I are in an acoustic duo called Six Speed. We've been playing together in this form since 2021, but we only started playing a couple of real shows last year (besides open mics and jams). This summer looks like it's gonna be even better. Here's a promo video so you can see what our act is like.

I got SUPER excited there for a second, on the second clip, when the banner in the background showing all the show dates said "Brian Thompson".... cause that's my name. :yes

You guys sound awesome! I love this promo video too, very cool way to show off various different songs, settings, etc. I don't know if EPKs are still really a thing, but this is probably the modern equivalent. Best of luck on your upcoming shows! Make sure to get some video for us!

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

And I really haven't been out on the performance thing all that much over the past couple years, but I did finally record a little content for the socials the other night. Just a little living room jam, Wheels by Foo Fighters and Free Fallin' by Tom Petty. :)

(Yes, my living room is a jungle. My wife is an avid houseplant-ist.)

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

TenaciousBe wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:43 am I got SUPER excited there for a second, on the second clip, when the banner in the background showing all the show dates said "Brian Thompson".... cause that's my name. :yes

You guys sound awesome! I love this promo video too, very cool way to show off various different songs, settings, etc. I don't know if EPKs are still really a thing, but this is probably the modern equivalent. Best of luck on your upcoming shows! Make sure to get some video for us!
Thanks! So that was you that sent me the friend request a long time ago that I ignored! I've accepted it, and I also sent you an invite link to like my music page, which is where I post all the videos of me playing music around town. The most recent ones are from the RAMI Awards ceremony which I mentioned on here a long time ago. I didn't win the award (one of my good friends did, yay!), but I got to perform three songs to what is probably the largest and most musically diverse crowd I've ever played to. The first one that shows up on my page is a song that's quite familiar to people on this board....
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:55 am My dad and I are in an acoustic duo called Six Speed. We've been playing together in this form since 2021, but we only started playing a couple of real shows last year (besides open mics and jams). This summer looks like it's gonna be even better. Here's a promo video so you can see what our act is like.

You're doing a lot of live stuff these days man. Sounding better and better over time too. You still doing any electric band stuff?

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Crumbso wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:27 am

You're doing a lot of live stuff these days man. Sounding better and better over time too. You still doing any electric band stuff?
Thanks, man! I haven't seen either Ashton or Carson in a long time (scheduling around college is tough), so I'm not doing any electric full band stuff lately. In fact, Headroom Karma has more or less morphed into a solo project. That being said, I'm still writing and demoing songs, and seems like this summer might be the one where I finally record some of them and put them on Spotify.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

My new classic rock and metal covers band did a live session and I think it turned out amazingly 😀:

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

More from my jazz/blues cover band. This one, I thought my improv guitar solos were sounding pretty legit: