Looking for some help with a dream

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
Sonic 101
Brand New Start

Looking for some help with a dream

Post by Sonic 101 »

Hi everyone, I've been lurking but I haven't posted in years. I was wondering if you guys could help me with something, see I've started working on my own music career(inspired by Tremonti, aren't we all though? lol) and I've entered in to a local reality show called "Local Live". I've only been singing for about a year and playing guitar for roughly 8 years. But still I'm taking a chance on my dreams. The show is like a low budget version of American idol, but its for original music only, you have to write all your own stuff and perform it. The winner gets studio time and a single on Itunes. This would be a dream come true for a guy that sits in his bed room strumming chords wanting to be so much more.

In case you are wondering what I sound like here is me performing on last weeks episode of the show( it's local community television so don't expect super quality)

My name is Mark Parkell and my song is "Wanna Waste Away". if you skip to about the 9:40 mark in the video you can hear my song. If I make it to the next round I get to perform with a band(something I've never had the privilege of doing).

If you like what you hear or just want to help out a fellow member of the Alter Bridge/Creed/Tremonti fandom I would love your voting support. Voting is open for 1 hour only this sunday night (feb 15th) at precisely 10 pm est to 11pm est.

You can vote at -> http://www.locallivesimcoe.com/competitors.html

Video -> http://youtu.be/RkQh22FaNy0?t=9m46s

I'd be so very grateful to anyone that votes. Rock on AB Nation! Also.. WHEN is tremonti II coming out!!!!!

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Re: Looking for some help with a dream

Post by Fish Tacos »

Sorry man, I saw this too late, but I would have voted for you if I didn't miss the deadline. How did you wind up doing?

Sonic 101
Brand New Start

Post by Sonic 101 »

I didn't make it sadly. But thanks anyway. Ill try again next year

HellRazor1281
TABN.com Citizen

Post by HellRazor1281 »

Sonic 101 wrote:I didn't make it sadly. But thanks anyway. Ill try again next year
Keep at it man, try to reach out to local musicians or find open mics and get with some ppl that might be able to help you out so you don't panic the first time you're playing with a band.

Cauterize (Tremonti II) comes out in May I believe.