TABN.com Community Album Volume 1

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
maximzub
On The Rail

Re: TABN.com Community Album Volume 1

Post by maximzub »

TenaciousBe wrote:Also, I'd still be down for putting together a Volume 2, if anyone's interested. Board involvement has been so stagnant since socials blew up a few years ago, but I bet there are still enough people around to get something put together.
I'm new here, and I would be completely down for participating in a Volume 2.

What exactly are we supposed to do music-wise? I haven't listened to Volume 1 yet.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

maximzub wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:12 pm
TenaciousBe wrote:Also, I'd still be down for putting together a Volume 2, if anyone's interested. Board involvement has been so stagnant since socials blew up a few years ago, but I bet there are still enough people around to get something put together.

What exactly are we supposed to do music-wise? I haven't listened to Volume 1 yet.
I'd have to take a fresh look/listen at the first volume, but from what I remember, there was a big mixture of people either contributing existing music from their own off-forum bands, some coming up with new solo stuff they recorded for the album, and some forum members collaborating to make new online recordings (for instance, one person record a guitar track, send it to someone else to add vocals, someone else add a bass track, etc). It was pretty wide open, creatively, for people to submit whatever they wanted to add to it. We'll have to see if the first volume is still available to download, and check out what everyone did there!
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

TenaciousBe wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:24 pm

I'd have to take a fresh look/listen at the first volume, but from what I remember, there was a big mixture of people either contributing existing music from their own off-forum bands, some coming up with new solo stuff they recorded for the album, and some forum members collaborating to make new online recordings (for instance, one person record a guitar track, send it to someone else to add vocals, someone else add a bass track, etc). It was pretty wide open, creatively, for people to submit whatever they wanted to add to it. We'll have to see if the first volume is still available to download, and check out what everyone did there!
From what I remember, the community album is still on YouTube. I would be down for doing drums or guitar for Volume 2.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

maximzub wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:55 pm
TenaciousBe wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:24 pm

From what I remember, the community album is still on YouTube. I would be down for doing drums or guitar for Volume 2.
Yep, the first post on this thread had the zip file download and the YouTube playlist link. :)

You know, it's not so much a TABN community album, but if you check out the "ALTER BRIDGE" group on Facebook, and probably in the Army of 12 group as well, there's a dude named Joshua Prieb who's been organizing some collaborations on playing songs in this same way. This project was more for original material, and I believe his is more getting people together to create covers of AB songs remotely, but may be something to check out if you're into that idea as well!
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

TenaciousBe wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:03 pm You know, it's not so much a TABN community album, but if you check out the "ALTER BRIDGE" group on Facebook, and probably in the Army of 12 group as well, there's a dude named Joshua Prieb who's been organizing some collaborations on playing songs in this same way. This project was more for original material, and I believe his is more getting people together to create covers of AB songs remotely, but may be something to check out if you're into that idea as well!
Sorry for the super-late response! Yes, I talked to Joshua and I had hoped to record some drums for The Alter Bridge Collaboration Project. Well, I never found the time, and eventually they recorded all the songs I had hoped to play on.

As for the TABN Community Album Volume 2, I wonder if just submitting a recording of myself or my band would be enough to be included. We're supposed to go into the recording studio in December (given that me and my best friend/fellow bandmate Grace reconcile with each other after a lot of fights). None of our songs really do model off of Alter Bridge, but there are some bits of them here and there in the songs Still Friends, Losing A Friend, and Roadtrip Song. We're more of a hard rock/punk/classic rock style band.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!