Help with acoustic pedal/simulator for electric

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
QwikSand
TABN.com Citizen

Help with acoustic pedal/simulator for electric

Post by QwikSand »

Does anybody use one of these? A pedal for electric that makes it sound like an acoustic. I know it won't be exact but I have carpal tunnel and it makes it very painful to play an acoustic for a long time and I wanted to try out one of these pedals for my electric and get a similar sound. I have watched a lot of videos about the Boss AC-3 but I am sure there are other decent ones out there. Any suggestions?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Help with acoustic pedal/simulator for electric

Post by Andy92 »

Don't have a pedal, but there's an acoustic simulator built into the Roland Cubes I've used before. The AC-3 will do about as well as any acoustic simulator I guess. I don't have much experience with these kind of pedals though. Do you have an electric with single coils? I'd imagine lower gain pickups would react better to a pedal like this.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

QwikSand
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Help with acoustic pedal/simulator for electric

Post by QwikSand »

It's a Peavey Wolfgang and has two humbuckers. I should have clarified I want it to sound like an acoustic-electric, not an unplugged acoustic. I plug my acoustic in. I tried the AC-3 today and it wasn't bad. I brought my Peavey into Guitar Center to finally have it professionally set-up after having it for 20 years so once that's done I will try it with my guitar and see what it sounds like. Anybody else have any suggestions?