Recommendations

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
zazthespaz
Kumar

Recommendations

Post by zazthespaz »

Either my searching skills suck or a thread like this doesn't exist. Thought it'd be good to have a thread to go for recommendations if anyone is looking for one.

I'm personally in the market for a keyboard and came across the Casio WK6600. Good price, lots of sound options, has a pitch shifter wheel which I've been interested to try. Going to swing by a Guitar Center tomorrow and try it out and buy if I like it, but does anyone have any experience with one, or have a suggestion for an alternate keyboard with similar features?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Oh you did? Hurray!

Post by zazisaspaz »

Get it.

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Recommendations

Post by davidstvz »

Nice thing about a product like that from guitar center is you can take it straight back to them for a full refund if you don't like it. Take it home and spend some quality time with it. Just be careful not to cause any obvious damage that would prevent a return!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Like the low F

Post by zazthespaz »

davidstvz wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:00 am Nice thing about a product like that from guitar center is you can take it straight back to them for a full refund if you don't like it. Take it home and spend some quality time with it. Just be careful not to cause any obvious damage that would prevent a return!
Yeah that's what was going through my head, Amazon too. So far so good though, already loving it and I'm not even using 90% of the features on it!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

Glad you like it!. I would test every conceivable feature that you might use before the return period is up. In particular, test all of the physical jacks that you have equipment to test and every key on the board. I'm learning the hard way right now that obtaining warranty service (on a guitar) is a not a good situation. Much easier to return it to the store during the refund period and let them deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: *licks finger and sticks it in every port*

Post by zazthespaz »

Good point, hadn’t thought about that! I’ll give it the rundown this week!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

zazthespaz wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:23 pm Either my searching skills suck or a thread like this doesn't exist. Thought it'd be good to have a thread to go for recommendations if anyone is looking for one.

I'm personally in the market for a keyboard and came across the Casio WK6600. Good price, lots of sound options, has a pitch shifter wheel which I've been interested to try. Going to swing by a Guitar Center tomorrow and try it out and buy if I like it, but does anyone have any experience with one, or have a suggestion for an alternate keyboard with similar features?
Interesting that I stumbled upon this thread so late! I actually have a Casio WK6500 (very similar to the 6600 except for the selector knob; I honestly couldn't tell any differences other than that back when I was playing a 6600).
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs