Original songs (or short song ideas)

A place to share your art, stories, poetry, songs, etc.
poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Original songs (or short song ideas)

Post by poshisjarker »

I play guitar. Absolutely love it. I'm getting better i guess, trying to focus on developing a solid creative ear...so i always try to find melodies i haven't played before. I like to think this is somewhat unique...hope you like it. If not, that's fine. :shrug [YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEGx-5ZE4n8[/YouTube]
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Re: Original songs (or short song ideas)

Post by poshisjarker »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBZcLeav6vM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka_x_B109tI

There's a couple others...there are several more on my channel. Just simple little ideas. Whatevs

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Good stuff, man! I write, sing, and play my own stuff, as well.

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

Thanks! I'd love to hear it. I can't sing at all. Really wish i could. I sound like a dying armadillo. Don't ask me how I know how that sounds. (I've never listened to a dying armadillo)

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

I can barely even vocally harmonize with my guitars lol...takes me about ten seconds to vocally find the note i'm playing on guitar

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

^ I like this the most! The other two were amazing as well! :cheers

I have mine here: https://soundcloud.com/divcruz you can check them out if you like. :peace

mrb1946
Brand New Start

Post by mrb1946 »

This stuff is great! I love the vibe of the songs. I love you're not just playing basic G C D, which is way too common in acoustic song writers these days. These have some sick "riffage," as I like to put it.

If you get some time, check out a couple of my songs and give them a listen.. http://www.thealterbridgenation.com/for ... =16&t=1496

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

DivCruz wrote:

I have mine here: https://soundcloud.com/divcruz you can check them out if you like. :peace
Thanks! I really appreciate it. Listened to your One Last Breath cover...impressive, that's a difficult song. Also heard Castaway. Good stuff!

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

mrb1946 wrote:This stuff is great! I love the vibe of the songs. I love you're not just playing basic G C D, which is way too common in acoustic song writers these days. These have some sick "riffage," as I like to put it.

If you get some time, check out a couple of my songs and give them a listen.. http://www.thealterbridgenation.com/for ... =16&t=1496
Thanks! Yeah i've tried to train myself over the years to not play typical stuff. I try to do stuff that at least feels different, unique, and stirring to me. Currently listening to One Last Thing...love it. Pretty melody.

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

poshisjarker wrote:
DivCruz wrote:

Thanks! I really appreciate it. Listened to your One Last Breath cover...impressive, that's a difficult song. Also heard Castaway. Good stuff!
Thanks a lot man! :peace

mrb1946
Brand New Start

Post by mrb1946 »

poshisjarker wrote:
mrb1946 wrote:This stuff is great! I love the vibe of the songs. I love you're not just playing basic G C D, which is way too common in acoustic song writers these days. These have some sick "riffage," as I like to put it.

Thanks! Yeah i've tried to train myself over the years to not play typical stuff. I try to do stuff that at least feels different, unique, and stirring to me. Currently listening to One Last Thing...love it. Pretty melody.
Thanks man. Glad you like it. Keep up the good work!

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

https://youtu.be/dH-LQjzDQy4
yo hello everyone. I thought i'd randomly drop in and post some new music stuff. This is where i'm at right now. I've put a lot of work into guitar...making music is my main passion. Hope you guys like this. More links to come...i have a lot of ideas

Sunrunner1
Bought The CDs

Post by Sunrunner1 »

Nice stuff on here! That creative ear of yours is definitely working, I'd say. :cheers Great playing as well!

If you're interested giving a look, I've also done some of my own songwriting, singing included (I'm not that great a singer either imo.) Playing-wise you're better than I am, but still, like you I try to make each new song I put together feel new in some way or other.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2871
Destination Unknown...
We're Lost, But Not Alone

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Those are really good and creative. I just started about 16 months ago, and I'm kind of stuck in a Em, G, Cadd9, D rut. Keep at it, that's refreshing to hear.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

One Drew Remains wrote:Those are really good and creative. I just started about 16 months ago, and I'm kind of stuck in a Em, G, Cadd9, D rut. Keep at it, that's refreshing to hear.
thanks!! i really appreciate it. more to come perhaps. follow me on instagram at poshisjarker if ya want. i have a ton of stuff up there

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

Sunrunner1 wrote:Nice stuff on here! That creative ear of yours is definitely working, I'd say. :cheers Great playing as well!

If you're interested giving a look, I've also done some of my own songwriting, singing included (I'm not that great a singer either imo.) Playing-wise you're better than I am, but still, like you I try to make each new song I put together feel new in some way or other.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2871
Thanks!! And yeah i'll check that out when i get a chance and let ya know what i think

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

lol i realized i somehow totally forgot about this somehow...started a forum under musicians united with the exact same video :lol

Sunrunner1
Bought The CDs

Post by Sunrunner1 »

Thanks! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on my song(s). For what it's worth, what bits of feedback I've gotten from people on IMP (Indie Music People) have been mostly positive. I realize you or others on the forums might see things differently though.
Destination Unknown...

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

Sunrunner1 wrote:Thanks! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on my song(s). For what it's worth, what bits of feedback I've gotten from people on IMP (Indie Music People) have been mostly positive. I realize you or others on the forums might see things differently though.
i listened to autumn. i like how you're thinking there...it's not the usual cookie cutter cliche singer songwriter vibe. i think you're onto something there. it has an interesting moody feel to it that i dig. some of those little note flurries really help open up the melody, ya know

Sunrunner1
Bought The CDs

Post by Sunrunner1 »

poshisjarker wrote:
Sunrunner1 wrote:Thanks! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on my song(s). For what it's worth, what bits of feedback I've gotten from people on IMP (Indie Music People) have been mostly positive. I realize you or others on the forums might see things differently though.
i listened to autumn. i like how you're thinking there...it's not the usual cookie cutter cliche singer songwriter vibe. i think you're onto something there. it has an interesting moody feel to it that i dig. some of those little note flurries really help open up the melody, ya know
I appreciate it. Glad to hear you think the song shows potential. :) It was a tough battle trying to compose it in such a way that things would flow together, considering all of the change-ups.

Btw, it's technically my only song thus far to have been recorded in-studio, so if you decide to listen to either of the others don't expect the production to be as "professional."
Destination Unknown...