Combining profiles

Any questions or comments about The Alter Bridge Nation website and forums can be posted here.
Skywalker
Bought The CDs

Combining profiles

Post by Skywalker »

Hey all. When I originally signed up here, I used a different account, AnybodyListening.net. Then I left, came back a year or so later, and couldn't find or remember any of the login info, so I started my current account.

Is there any way the posts from my first account, be combined with my current account, and then the first profile be deleted? I know the admins would have to do it, which is why I am asking here. I have roughly the same amount of posts under each name, but only want to move forward with my current profile (that I remember all the login info for - lol).

Thanks.
AnybodyListening.net - Chronicling the History of Queensryche's Original Lineup

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: $5 and I'll give you Andy92's account.

Post by zazthespaz »

Skywalker wrote:Hey all. When I originally signed up here, I used a different account, AnybodyListening.net. Then I left, came back a year or so later, and couldn't find or remember any of the login info, so I started my current account.

Is there any way the posts from my first account, be combined with my current account, and then the first profile be deleted? I know the admins would have to do it, which is why I am asking here. I have roughly the same amount of posts under each name, but only want to move forward with my current profile (that I remember all the login info for - lol).

Thanks.
I asked the other mods to look into it - I've got limited access. There might not be a quick fix but worse comes to worst, we can reset your password on the old account, change the name on it and close this one if you want.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: Combining profiles

Post by abw1987 »

Hey Skywalker, sadly our forum software does not give us an out-of-box option to merge accounts. It looks like there are some custom add-ons that could give us that functionality, but obviously we'd want to try those out on our test forums first to avoid accidentally corrupting our database :lol. I'll try to look into it further when I have some time. In the meantime, we could do what Zaz suggested, or I could add the post count to your current account if it's just the count that you're mainly concerned with.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: It’s got a top post count number.

Post by Andy92 »

I’ll sell you this account for $500.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Skywalker
Bought The CDs

Re: Combining profiles

Post by Skywalker »

I'm good with this current account (Skywalker). Lets leave that one as the permanent one.

Go ahead and delete that "AnybodyListening.net" account if you need or want to. I can live without the posts, and no need for two accounts on the same board (like I said, I don't even remember the email addie associated with it).

Sorry for the trouble guys! :-)
AnybodyListening.net - Chronicling the History of Queensryche's Original Lineup