The Ides of March

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: MK II

Post by Ubik »

He's sick, sick, sick and wraaaaong.

Someone try and spot the f-bomb in the lyrics - https://pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/Bes ... 547_sa.jpg
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Mr. Slash wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:28 pm So the album is going to have three songs with explicit lyrics? seems like myles is trying to become one of the cool kids!
To be fair, ABIII had Explicit-labeled tracks with no swear words in them. So it could be about subject matter instead of swearing...but then again Myles could just be angry to the point of swearing that nobody's getting along or that someone didnt wake him up when it was over :lol :shrug
Ubik wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:49 pm He's sick, sick, sick and wraaaaong.

Someone try and spot the f-bomb in the lyrics - https://pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/Bes ... 547_sa.jpg
Because I was looking for the F-Bomb, it's becoming easier to read more of that lyric sheet but somehow I still cant find anything that looks like swear words. Maybe its in the part of the image thats most unreadable :lol

sugarandcyanide
Bought The CDs

Post by sugarandcyanide »

Excited for this album.
SMKC

07/20/14 - Northfield, OH
09/26/15 - Northfield, OH
08/01/19 - Northfield, OH

Myles - YOTT

11/19/18 - Cleveland, OH

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Ok, I know there was some uncertainty on the release date at first, but now that we know for sure it's May 14th and not March... it physically pains me that the Ides of March is not being released on the Ides of March. :lol

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

WaywardOne wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:34 pm Ok, I know there was some uncertainty on the release date at first, but now that we know for sure it's May 14th and not March... it physically pains me that the Ides of March is not being released on the Ides of March. :lol
Hm, but on the other hand I'm happy that Year of the Tiger was not released in the year of the tiger because the next one would be in 2022. :X

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

All of you complaining about Myles singing high, theres nothing overly high.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I'm fine with it, but I feel like it might be the layered aspect that people aren't as on board with. I do wonder if Myles would ever do the thing that Mark did with his wah on Fortress, and actively try avoid using harmonies on a few songs because it's probably a bit of a crutch.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I think the song is really catchy, it's a single for sure, but part of me feels like if you put it on YOTT, it would just be one of the better songs on there, you know?
Thanks Andy!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: See: Grace Potter for Best Rock Album Grammy.

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:24 pm "Loudwire ranked [YOTT] at #1 on 'The 30 Best Hard Rock Albums of 2018.'"
Really?! Don't get me wrong, great album, but if they classified it as "hard rock" then I don't think the music classification system is working.
I never mind seeing Grace Potter...
Last edited by gbruin on Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

It's an okay song but i hope it isn't indicative of the overall sound of the record. It's sounds pretty... generic. A drastic change from the last record, which had a very original sound and subject matter. This song kind of sounds like a rejected slash song.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

I just noticed that "Love Rain Down" it's a song Myles recorded for the solo album he was recording on 2009, that will be interesting.
In the same Guitarist interview, he confirmed the titles of three songs that will appear on his record: "The Light of Day", "Complicated Man", and "The Bar Fly". Most recently, he confirmed that another song will be titled "Love Rain Down". He said in an interview with CraveOnline that "Love Rain Down" differs from anything else he has ever written.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Blackbirddd wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:44 pm I just noticed that "Love Rain Down" it's a song Myles recorded for the solo album he was recording on 2009, that will be interesting.
In the same Guitarist interview, he confirmed the titles of three songs that will appear on his record: "The Light of Day", "Complicated Man", and "The Bar Fly". Most recently, he confirmed that another song will be titled "Love Rain Down". He said in an interview with CraveOnline that "Love Rain Down" differs from anything else he has ever written.
Great spot! We'll get that solo album eventually, one song with every new album release!

sukidayo
Brand New Start

Post by sukidayo »

Ubik wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:13 am
Blackbirddd wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:44 pm I just noticed that "Love Rain Down" it's a song Myles recorded for the solo album he was recording on 2009, that will be interesting.
Great spot! We'll get that solo album eventually, one song with every new album release!
Great spot! :D

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I love that guitar

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I much prefer this acoustic arrangement, because it it showcases Myles' incredible playing on the Resonator.
The official single sounds too loud and bombastic for that kind of music, IMHO.

sukidayo
Brand New Start

Post by sukidayo »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:45 am
Nice! Thank you for sharing :)

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

The Ides of March (the song) is available and my god it’s fucking sick!! Had chills the whole time. May very well be my fav Myles song. So lit 🔥🔥

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Wtf the new song is so fucking gooooooooooooooooooood

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Yeah, it may be one of his best songs. Holy shit, it’s so good.