Myles Kennedy joins Kings of Chaos in SA

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Myles Kennedy joins Kings of Chaos in SA

Post by Inconquerable »

Roneit wrote:
vmt7007 wrote:
The only thing I dont like about the review it is always linking Myles to Slash.
Why does it matter?

From the sounds of it there were alot of people that went home that night who maybe hadn't heard of Myles before who were left wowwed by the guy.

Doesn't matter how people get to know you, the important part is that they know you.

He helped tear the house down at a pair of shows that apparently went over very well, played with some awesome musicians/singers, and is out swimming with sharks right now in beautiful South Africa.

Myles is living the good life right now, and if that is what comes from being linked with Slash I am going to go out on a limb and say he'll take it.
I understand what you said, but that wasnt my point.

What I dont like is when they are going to talk about Myles, they linked him to Slash, as if this is a thing that define him. Myles is bigger than the Slash's project and I even would say bigger than AB (I am not saying that in a bad way - what I meant its that Myles just took part of AB after second album, so even if just see him throught AB, you wont get full perspective of who he really is and the things he is capable of).

He is the freaking mind behind of so so so good songs, with a incredible voice, incredible guitar skills and a incredible soul. You cant reduce him to a replacer.

It is just the way I feel when I see this kind of description of him.
I can see both points of it. When they call Myles a replacement, it is sort of true since Sebastian couldn't do the gig this time since he's filming a TV show and Myles stepped in, but it does play down his effort and accomplishments in my eyes. The connection to Slash is bound to happen especially since he's in a band called "Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators". I think it helps that his name is separate in the name and obviously being linked to such an icon is massive, but there is so much more to him that the world should be able to see.

I think people did get to see a bit of that after Apocalyptic Love to be honest. They got to hear Myles on songs that he helped to write and that he played guitar on (with some leads as well, most notably that amazing Not For Me outro solo). I just hope that more people will look deeper into Myles' history in music and discover Alter Bridge and The Mayfield Four (and his earlier bands as well) and realize just how special a musician he is.

It would be nice if Kings of Chaos would play a song that Myles had a part in writing, even You're a Lie or something from Apocalyptic Love, just to show that he's not just a call-in singer who will absolutely blow your mind when he sings other people's songs. I doubt very much that the crowd is there to hear songs by Alter Bridge or newer ones from Slash's band, but I think it would be cool if they could incorporate them anyways. I mean they're playing at least 4 songs (if I remember correctly) that none of them had a hand in writing, why not play one that one of your singers wrote as well?

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

full Immigrant Song (also has the end of Communication Breakdown)!!
[youtube]http://youtu.be/17z93bokgv0[/youtube]

:bow

and notice what the video is titled. not sure if you'll see it here. you may have to view it on youtube. :mkrules

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Myles Kennedy featuring Slash, I like that guy. :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

uctalum01 wrote:oops he did it again! PC from the second night. damn @4:42!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Rg9ToRvC7cU[/youtube]
had to quote myself because I was watching this video again. listen to the crowd when he hits those long notes! love a crowd that shows such love for MK!

:mkrules :headbang

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Wish we had video of him doing KOHD.
Photobucket cash grab.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

some serious MK love from Glen Hughes here:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/2KC68nSKxS8[/youtube]

start @ 40:10 for that part. Myles answering a question about his favorite song in the KOC set. keep watching through Glen's answer.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

They're becoming best buddies :lol

And that video of Immigrant Song is incredible! So proud of Myles!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

It's also fun watching Myles squirm when showered with praise.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

uctalum01 wrote:full Immigrant Song (also has the end of Communication Breakdown)!!
[youtube]http://youtu.be/17z93bokgv0[/youtube]

:bow

and notice what the video is titled. not sure if you'll see it here. you may have to view it on youtube. :mkrules
So worth the wait. Thanks so much, that is amazing. Here's hoping he sings more Led Zep songs on the set tonight and tomorrow.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Sorry to double post but I've found a bunch of videos from last night's show (June 15). The setlist (according to setlist.fm) was the exact same.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/jilAvEsuRXY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/87otxXOENuQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/bFI46r4Bogk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/sE2XIjqQB7k[/youtube]

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

From Myles - My soul brother, friend and 8th wonder of the world @glenn_hughes

This is getting a bit creepy :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

I was just looking at an album of photos from yesterday's show that slash France posted a link to. There's a pic of Myles during the acoustic part. The guy that posted them said Myles' performance of fall to pieces made the girl next to him cry.

:mkrules

Decay

Post by Decay »

Timotheus wrote:From Myles - My soul brother, friend and 8th wonder of the world @glenn_hughes

This is getting a bit creepy :lol
Yeah, I thought Marky was his soul brother. Myles, are you cheating on Mark? :lol

Anyccka
Bought The CDs

Post by Anyccka »

So in this context, sneaking in to my mind trick /and horrible/question -
can we expect Myles´ cooperation also with Glenn Hughes now? Black Country Communion is broken and if he is looking for guitarist / singer for his next possible project...
I sincerely hope not!!!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Anyccka wrote:So in this context, sneaking in to my mind trick /and horrible/question -
can we expect Myles´ cooperation also with Glenn Hughes now? Black Country Communion is broken and if he is looking for guitarist / singer for his next possible project...
I sincerely hope not!!!
Obviously, I am not for this idea as it may lead to the end of AB, but quite frankly, it is not a bad idea. After all, I've heard that Myles hit it off with Jason Bonham during the filming of Rock Star which probably led to Bonham, perhaps, giving a mention of Myles to JPJ and Page when trying to find a new singer for their next project after Plant did not want to do the Led Zeppelin Reunion tour.

I think this project could work well (in theory and without all the added context of Myles being in two great current rock bands).

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Myles outdoing himself :bow
[youtube]http://youtu.be/Pb-FAAPnZ8k[/youtube]
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

^^ That sounds great, but why does the guy keep turning his camera sideways? What does he think is going to happen? :lol
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

gbruin wrote:^^ That sounds great, but why does the guy keep turning his camera sideways? What does he think is going to happen? :lol
You should see his Mr Brownstone video...

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Guys it's a trippy effect! Appreciate the artistry! >_>

Ok seriously Brownstone is unwatchable. =P

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Sorry if this is a duplicate, my internet is acting up. Myles talks Kings of Chaos, multi-band life, bringing AB and/or Slash to South Africa, AB album.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/6RnKEChwtrA[/youtube]
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2