Re: Conspirators II Writing/Recording Sessions

Post by austinjhnsn »

8 minutes sounds good to me!
Thanks Timo!

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Timotheus wrote:Right, cuz that would be boring...
i just have always sorta thought slash was overrated. shoot me... fantastic guitarist, very famous, but i think hes overrated. i think there are plenty of lesser known guitarists who are better

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Slash's style is not about being better or worse. It's about soul and raw emotion. He's that famous for a reason. He's the writer of solos like the ones in November Rain and has written some of the most memorable riffs and licks in rock music.

Also, you don't really like 70's and 80's rock, so obviously you're not gonna like him as much as other guitarists.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

haha i dont need anyone to prove to me why he's the greatest, i just dont think he's as good as everyone else does. I've heard his music, riffs, solos, and everything

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

When did I say that he's the greatest?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

I do agree that Slash is a bit overrated, but he is 'perfect' for the kind of music that he plays. I'm not gonna lie, I wish he did less things with Myles and made some more room for AB, because I'm a bit tired of his music. Nothing really interesting, just a fairly straightforward hard rock.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

you get my point. i dont need anyone to tell me that he's great

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Why even bother coming in here to discuss something if you don't like being talked back to? In reply to your comment I just told you why I didn't feel the same way. Never did I try to prove something or force my opinion on you..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

it sorta came across as "you dont think hes great!!! he plays with raw emotion and soul, and has wrote some of the greatest riffs in history. how can you not think thats great"

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Bad imitation.. I'd never say 'has wrote' ;)

No, sorry if it came across like that. I should've separated those two arguments.. I was responding to different parts of your post.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Everything he's done after GNR is just average rock imo. He wouldn't be the icon he is today without Axl and Izzy.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Timotheus wrote:Bad imitation.. I'd never say 'has wrote' ;)
You're exactly right. I should've said "he has writed"

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Andy92 wrote:Everything he's done after GNR is just average rock imo. He wouldn't be the icon he is today without Axl and Izzy.
No, but Guns wouldn't have been half the band without Slash in it either. It was just a great mix of musicians. And drugs. Lots of drugs.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ubik wrote:
Andy92 wrote:Everything he's done after GNR is just average rock imo. He wouldn't be the icon he is today without Axl and Izzy.
No, but Guns wouldn't have been half the band without Slash in it either. It was just a great mix of musicians. And drugs. Lots of drugs.
Lol...and yeah I definitely agree that band was definitely so good because of the mix of talent. But it seems like today Slash is viewed as a more iconic lead guitarist than Axl is viewed as an iconic lead singer (maybe I'm wrong with that). Part of this may be because Slash released a ton more music than Axl after 1996, but I think Slash's name keeps him current in music more so than the quality of what he releases.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Timotheus wrote:Slash's style is not about being better or worse. It's about soul and raw emotion. He's that famous for a reason. He's the writer of solos like the ones in November Rain and has written some of the most memorable riffs and licks in rock music.

Also, you don't really like 70's and 80's rock, so obviously you're not gonna like him as much as other guitarists.
Precisely, music doesn't have to be always about whose better than who. Slash is one of the most original guitarists, hints of Joe Perry maybe, but you recognise him the moment he hits a note.

And for some here everybody is overrated except AB.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

some people..... are so aggravating

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

AB23 wrote:
Timotheus wrote:Right, cuz that would be boring...
i just have always sorta thought slash was overrated. shoot me... fantastic guitarist, very famous, but i think hes overrated. i think there are plenty of lesser known guitarists who are better
Absolutely with you there bud.

I also do not think he is that "fantastic" to be honest. He is a good guitarist. Nothing more.

I doubt he would have done it without Axl.

Anyway, thank god he is that famous, he can tour the world and show Myles to me. :D
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Mark Tremonti also wouldn't have done it without Scott Stapp..

And Andy, Axl used to be an iconic performer. I definitely think people acknowledge him for that. It's just that right now he doesn't come close to the performer and singer he used to be. Slash also isn't as good as he used to be, but he's still playing on a really high level.

It's not like he gets all the headliner spots because of his name, he still needs to work really hard (and he does, just look at the frustrated AB fans ;)) On a festival in Belgium he only played at 6pm while GNR were the headliner the next day. At least Slash is using his own name to promote the new music he's making.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Timotheus wrote:Mark Tremonti also wouldn't have done it without Scott Stapp..

And Andy, Axl used to be an iconic performer. I definitely think people acknowledge him for that. It's just that right now he doesn't come close to the performer and singer he used to be. Slash also isn't as good as he used to be, but he's still playing on a really high level.

It's not like he gets all the headliner spots because of his name, he still needs to work really hard (and he does, just look at the frustrated AB fans ;)) On a festival in Belgium he only played at 6pm while GNR were the headliner the next day. At least Slash is using his own name to promote the new music he's making.
The last thing TB needs is another man kissing his ass timo. lol jk tb. I promise... jk. friends forever? awesome

I think you couldnt say stapp made tremonti though, maybe he's incredibly famous from creed, but he is undoubtedly talented and has one of the best left hands in the industry. If he wasn't in creed, there's no taking away from his talent. He is a fucking talented guitarist. I don't think Slash would be very famous if it wasn't for a couple of very famous songs from GnR. just an opinion. I think if it wasn't for GNR, he wouldnt be that well known because his talent levels aren't there to bring him to prominence. Great guitarist, but in many ways I think even Myles is better, never mind Mark.
Last edited by AB23 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

Slash also isn't as good as he used to be, but he's still playing on a really high level.
I disagree. Aside from some songs sounding similar to early GNR, his playing is as good, if not better than it's ever been.