Conspirators II Writing/Recording Sessions

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Conspirators II Writing/Recording Sessions

Post by Them Bones »

AB23 wrote:
Timotheus wrote:Mark Tremonti also wouldn't have done it without Scott Stapp..

And Andy, Axl used to be an iconic performer. I definitely think people acknowledge him for that. It's just that right now he doesn't come close to the performer and singer he used to be. Slash also isn't as good as he used to be, but he's still playing on a really high level.

It's not like he gets all the headliner spots because of his name, he still needs to work really hard (and he does, just look at the frustrated AB fans ;)) On a festival in Belgium he only played at 6pm while GNR were the headliner the next day. At least Slash is using his own name to promote the new music he's making.
The last thing TB needs is another man kissing his ass timo. lol jk tb. I promise... jk. friends forever? awesome

I think you couldnt say stapp made tremonti though, maybe he's incredibly famous from creed, but he is undoubtedly talented and has one of the best left hands in the industry. If he wasn't in creed, there's no taking away from his talent. He is a fucking talented guitarist. I don't think Slash would be very famous if it wasn't for a couple of very famous songs from GnR. just an opinion. I think if it wasn't for GNR, he wouldnt be that well known because his talent levels aren't there to bring him to prominence. Great guitarist, but in many ways I think even Myles is better, never mind Mark.

:lol
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

AB23 wrote:I think you couldnt say stapp made tremonti though, maybe he's incredibly famous from creed, but he is undoubtedly talented and has one of the best left (right?) hands in the industry. If he wasn't in creed, there's no taking away from his talent. He is a fucking talented guitarist. I don't think Slash would be very famous if it wasn't for a couple of very famous songs from GnR. just an opinion. I think if it wasn't for GNR, he wouldnt be that well known because his talent levels aren't there to bring him to prominence. Great guitarist, but in many ways I think even Myles is better, never mind Mark.
I'm not saying Stapp made Tremonti. Back when Creed started Mark wasn't even that good of a guitarist, he admitted that himself. He was a great songwriter and had great chemistry with Stapp and the rest of the band. That's why he gets to do what he does right now. Exactly the same thing goes for Slash and the rest of Guns N' Roses (besides the fact that Slash was 10 times the guitarist Mark was when Creed started).

Make 10 guitarists bend exactly the same note, and you'll be able to pick out Slash. That's his talent and it's a massive one. Technically he isn't as great as Mark and Myles, but who cares? Since when do you care that much about technique anyway? I can list you some progressive bands if that's what you find important in music..

I respect your opinion, don't get me wrong.. I just think you're influenced too much by your distaste in the genre.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Yeah, Mark has one of the best Right hands in the industry, he has admitted that he makes a lot of mistakes while soloing and covers it up with wah. I mean, I love the man's choice of notes in a lot of his solos, but he is far from being even close to the best solo players. I love Mark's rhythm way more than his lead.

whats great about players like slash is that they do not sit with a calculator in front of them, or do not over complicate things just to be "progressive" LOL, or "heavy", terms that kids these days have coined and are over using for the fuck of it. Hell, the other day I read a 3 doors down fan call the band progressive. madness.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Them Bones wrote:
whats great about players like slash is that they do not sit with a calculator in front of them, or do not over complicate things just to be "progressive" .
If you think that all progressive bands sit with a calculator in front of them just to be 'progressive'... you listen to some wrong progressive music.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Them Bones wrote:Yeah, Mark has one of the best Right hands in the industry, he has admitted that he makes a lot of mistakes while soloing and covers it up with wah. I mean, I love the man's choice of notes in a lot of his solos, but he is far from being even close to the best solo players. I love Mark's rhythm way more than his lead.

whats great about players like slash is that they do not sit with a calculator in front of them, or do not over complicate things just to be "progressive" LOL, or "heavy", terms that kids these days have coined and are over using for the fuck of it. Hell, the other day I read a 3 doors down fan call the band progressive. madness.
see, now this actually makes sense. you're saying sorta what timo said, and that he sorta just has a feel for it.

And ya Timo, I meant right, my bad. Not a guitarist here lol. I think Myles has the same thing, and that he can just take a solo and make it awesome by feeling and passion alone. There's this one video on youtube where Myles is sick and cant sing, and when it gets to his solo in blackbird, he goes off and plays his own solo for like almost an entire minute and its probably the best solo I've ever heard him play. He just winged it, but it was incredible. I think Slash has a few of the most famous solos of all time, but from the new material I've heard from him, I haven't been that big of a fan. I just don't like the sound of the notes coming out of his guitar. One of his most underrated solos in my opinion is in Not for Me, because I feel like there was so much emotion in it and it just rolled with the riff and the tempo of the song so well. But there are several where I think are just so out of place in the song that it doesn't sound good

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Dolo wrote:
Them Bones wrote:
whats great about players like slash is that they do not sit with a calculator in front of them, or do not over complicate things just to be "progressive" .
If you think that all progressive bands sit with a calculator in front of them just to be 'progressive'... you listen to some wrong progressive music.

You are not getting my point. Its just an analogy. I doubt a lot of musicians really actually sit with a calculator, my point being that players like slash do not complicate things so that their music comes out to be more likeable based on its degree of complexity. They do not force complexity out. If you ask me, personally, AB forces some of its complexity out, and its so clearly audible. Progressive music is brilliant, but it happens naturally for a lot of bands where its not just about time signatures and all of that, but moods as well. You can tell when a band is naturally progressive, am sure they don't call their music progressive, that'll be shit.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

AB23 wrote:He just winged it
Nice one!

And agree with you about his latest material. I thought there was some amazing stuff on his first solo album, but especially the solos were kinda disappointing on Apocalyptic Love. No reason not to be excited for the new album though, definitely with what we've heard so far and Elvis pushing him.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Them Bones wrote:
You are not getting my point. Its just an analogy. I doubt a lot of musicians really actually sit with a calculator, my point being that players like slash do not complicate things so that their music comes out to be more likeable based on its degree of complexity. They do not force complexity out. If you ask me, personally, AB forces some of its complexity out, and its so clearly audible. Progressive music is brilliant, but it happens naturally for a lot of bands where its not just about time signatures and all of that, but moods as well. You can tell when a band is naturally progressive, am sure they don't call their music progressive, that'll be shit.

I can agree with that, I was just struck with this 'calculator' thing that you brought up.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

There's this one video on youtube where Myles is sick and cant sing, and when it gets to his solo in blackbird, he goes off and plays his own solo for like almost an entire minute and its probably the best solo I've ever heard him play.
I know this is a bit OT but can you find that? I'd love to see it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Kreuger33 wrote:
There's this one video on youtube where Myles is sick and cant sing, and when it gets to his solo in blackbird, he goes off and plays his own solo for like almost an entire minute and its probably the best solo I've ever heard him play.
I know this is a bit OT but can you find that? I'd love to see it.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/ecrc3Fgzxrs[/youtube]

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Cool, another Slash vs. Alter Bridge debate that has nothing to do with the new Slash & Myles album. Just an echo chamber of opinions we've already heard.

On topic, please.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

its not even slash vs ab really... welcome back toker.
Thanks Timo!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Lol, classic Toker.. Good to have you back!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

MidnightToker wrote:Cool, another Slash vs. Alter Bridge debate that has nothing to do with the new Slash & Myles album. Just an echo chamber of opinions we've already heard.

On topic, please.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

k so im sure mixing is done at this point, what comes next again?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB23 wrote:k so im sure mixing is done at this point, what comes next again?
Mastering.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

oh, mastering only takes elvis like a week in the past experience I've seen with him

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB23 wrote:oh, mastering only takes elvis like a week in the past experience I've seen with him
Even so the record isn't due till September so when are we getting a single? August like with AB?

vmt7007
TABN.com Citizen

Post by vmt7007 »

Latest issue of Kerrang.

Love, love, love hearing that Slash wanted a more produced record this time that just doing the straight live takes like last time.

That was absolutely the next step, and I am happy he was cognizant of that.

Elvis seems to have totally breathed some new life into this project. If he accomplished his mission of getting Slash to sound like the Slash we all want him to I think we are all going to be pleasantly surprised with this album compared to what I kind of thought going in.

Judging by all the pre-video snippets I also think there is going to be a lot of variety on this record and some unconventional sounds where as AL was pretty straight forward paint by numbers rock.

Slash has been so anti-production the last few years so to hear him say he wants that sound this time around really intrigues me.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

he didnt give us any information at all.... fack

no lyrical content, no names, no styles, nothing. The interviewer could've definitely done better then that haha