BACON

Re: SMK&C 2014 Tour

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/TgzAV5y-Ms4[/youtube]

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

It'll be in 2015 not 2014 but in case anyone missed it, Slashspirators for RoTR in May.
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, a lot of thing happened in the Birmingham show today. Apparently, Glenn Hughes came out and played Cream's Crossroads with them and Motorhead's Phil Campbell came out and played Ace of Spades with Todd on vocals. Also, Myles met Tony Iommi and marked out about it on twitter.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

anguyen92 wrote:So, a lot of thing happened in the Birmingham show today. Apparently, Glenn Hughes came out and played Cream's Crossroads with them and Motorhead's Phil Campbell came out and played Ace of Spades with Todd on vocals. Also, Myles met Tony Iommi and marked out about it on twitter.
I wonder if Myles sang during Crossroads?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Oh damn, I want to hear Crossroads!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

TomK
Bought The CDs

Post by TomK »

Went to to Birmingham show last night which was incredible! Myles' vocals were perfect and obviously Slash and the others were amazing. :rockon It's great seeing Myles getting to express himself as a front man more in Slash shows (even though I prefer AB and Myles' sublime guitar playing).

The only drawback was the amount of people who seemingly cared more about video footage than enjoying the show itself... guess its the same with most concerts these days though. Always think that you should be seated if you want to video pretty much the WHOLE show (although I don't mind people recording a few songs I guess).

And no they didn't play Crossroads but Glenn Hughes and Phil Campbell did come out for a cameo in the middle. Decent setlist though which you can see here:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slash-fea ... deeb0.html

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Still waiting for some proshots :(

ESPImperium
Bought The CDs

Post by ESPImperium »

Going tomorrow night to the Glasgow show at The Hydro. Cannot wait.

Going to go early and get in early and get a good spot for the evening. From doors its going to be Merch > Toilet > Water > Queue for the bowl.

Two questions for the guys who have been to see Slash in the UK so far;

Does Merch stand have loads of good stuff?
Who are the first support band, or is is just Glen Hughes band?

The Email i got from the SECC was this:

1800: Doors to arena
1830: Doors to bowl
1845: Support
1915: Interval
1935: California Breed
2015: Interval
2045: Slash
2245: Show finishes

Hope the first support band isn't the first band i saw recently when i saw Trapt in a crap local band.

TomK
Bought The CDs

Post by TomK »

ESPImperium wrote: Does Merch stand have loads of good stuff?
Who are the first support band, or is is just Glen Hughes band?
Can't really tell you about the Merch - saw a few cool t-shirts though, one of which I got.

If the first support are the same as in Birmingham (I'm sure it would be) then it'll be Twenty Two Hundred. They were very good in my opinion although I hadn't heard them before :)

Patty
White Knuckled

Post by Patty »

8.45? Jeezo, I finish work at 5pm and then have to drive 147 miles to get to the show and then drive 147 miles back as I have work at 8.30am the next day. It's gonna be tight and a long slog, but it will be totally worth it!
Credit to the original sig creator. (Please remind me who you are so I can credit you properly)

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

Hey man, at least they're coming. I missed them when they did Toronto in the summer. Although Id be happier to see them now with all of the new songs in the setlist.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I see on the setlist at Glasgow that they played Deep Purple's Burn with Glenn Hughes. Yes, please, I will have some of that. I mean, sure, I've already heard it, live, when I saw California Breed support AB, but it's a good song and a good performance and doing it with Slash/Myles/Conspirators should be no different.

Patty
White Knuckled

Post by Patty »

2.30am and I'm finally home. I must say I really enjoyed myself tonight. Got there just in time for Slash though and it whizzed by.

Oh and that note Myles hit during Burn was worth leaving work at 5pm. Racing 147 miles down to Glasgow. Getting covered in a pint of piss and racing back up 147 miles of road for. Totally worth it.

But now I must sleep as I have work at 8.30am. Good fuckin night!
Credit to the original sig creator. (Please remind me who you are so I can credit you properly)

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Patty wrote:Oh and that note Myles hit during Burn was worth leaving work at 5pm. Racing 147 miles down to Glasgow. Getting covered in a pint of piss and racing back up 147 miles of road for. Totally worth it.
Did it sound really high? The Note-watcher in me needs to know.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Patty wrote:Oh and that note Myles hit during Burn was worth leaving work at 5pm. Racing 147 miles down to Glasgow. Getting covered in a pint of piss and racing back up 147 miles of road for. Totally worth it.
Did it sound really high? The Note-watcher in me needs to know.
Here's a video, see for yourself. I think you will be pleased at :49.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/99oXDx7aLuw[/youtube]

Patty
White Knuckled

Post by Patty »

That video. :rockon

I'm in work now and I'm not struggling as much as I thought I'd be. But saying that, I've only been in 15 minutes. Got another 7.5 hours to go!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Well thanks for the heads-up, Patty, and thanks for the video link, Anguyen! :rockon :peace

Turns out it was a G#5. :)
Last edited by SHEAKENBAKEN on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

I like this video. Myles @ 1:33! <3 <3 the beginning cracks me up with Glen getting on stage and saying "Come on Myles," followed by a hug. total bromance there. lol!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/7shbIAk50YU[/youtube]

ESPImperium
Bought The CDs

Post by ESPImperium »

Good night. Different night. Different Myles.

HOWEVER... Myles aint a that good in the crowd control market. I was right down the front, and i mean right down the front. No space. The Stewards were amazing, however Myles didn't see the three women and two blokes that took a faint all at the same time during Halo. Chaos ensued, Back From Cali was a bit of sense and a breather, but Automatic Overdrive was a massive hit, and i mean massive, another two faints then it was anarchy down the front in front of Slash amp area. Ghost was my prompt, i dint faint or get injured, but that was it for me, i went over the barrier, with aid of the stewards. I know my limitations. I hurt, now with the weight of god how many knows animals on my back and how warm it was.

Myles, get your arse in gear and stop the song if you see trouble or if you see people in trouble. Yes i know there is variations, if there is one or two though the show thats okay to me. BUT its that 5 faints simultaneously. Stop the song, get it sorted, give the crowd the only warning, start again. The best guy for sorting crowd control issues out is Chad Kroger, he gets it sorted, he gets it, Corey Taylor also knows what is going on at a show. On videos I've seen Aaron Lewis of Staind also berates the crowd for things that aint cool.

I know there will be haters to what i say, but I'm only giving my side of the story. Ive been in rough before at System Of A Down and thats plain rough, when it comes to it, Slash crowd is a different type of rough, a crazy rough.