SMK&C 2015 Tour

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: SMK&C 2015 Tour

Post by Them Bones »

Got to know that Slash MK&CO are playing Bangalore,India on 14th November. Can't even begin to comprehend this. FINALLY i get to hear Mr.Kennedy live.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Seeing these dudes at a smaller club in Memphis on Saturday. Anyone have any luck meeting them after the shows, like you can with AB sometimes? I don't know if Slash does that kind of thing like Tremonti does. Probably not.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I got Myles and Slash to sign my CD after a show. I don't remember how long I had to wait, but I don't think it was that long. If you look for the tour bus it should be possible.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

sugarandcyanide
Bought The CDs

Post by sugarandcyanide »

Yeah, I agree with Timotheus. If you wait near the bus (or wherever security tells you to), Slash is good about stopping and signing for fans. Not sure about the others. I wasn't able to stay after for my show or else I would have, but my friend stayed after and met him.
SMKC

07/20/14 - Northfield, OH
09/26/15 - Northfield, OH
08/01/19 - Northfield, OH

Myles - YOTT

11/19/18 - Cleveland, OH

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Slash will almost always come out to sign. they'll tell you to get in a single file line and no photos. only one autograph each. if anyone tries to go back into line for a second autograph Slash will stop signing. he did it in New Hampshire I think this past May. the Conspirators will usually hang out if Slash is still signing when they get out of the after show on their way to the bus. I've been to 5 SMK&C headline shows since May and haven't caught Myles at one of them. at the last show I went to, the tour manager said that Myles is too afraid of getting sick so he's been going right to the bus. I think I heard that he did come out to meet people after NYC (which I went to, but we didn't wait long after knowing we were going to NH the next night which is usually a good venue for meeting them).
basically, these days you have a better chance of catching Slash or the Conspirators than Myles.

slasherbridge
White Knuckled

Post by slasherbridge »

Saw them last night in Seattle. Great show overall, but to be honest, out of the three times I've seen them, this show didn't sound as cohesive. I think part of it was the mix. I could hardly hear Slash, but at times, he sounded a little sloppy on his soloing. Again, it could have been the way the mix echoed in the place, because when he was doing his solo in Rocket Queen, it sounded good, but there isn't much backing instrumentation during that part, so it's easier to hear.
However, I could hear Myles very well, and I think he sounded better at this show than any previous show I had seen. Hit most of the high notes, including the high one in the bridge of The Dissident and the very high one at the end of You Could Be Mine. He sounded great.

snowman
Bought The CDs

Post by snowman »

I went to their show in Salt Lake Thursday night and had a great time! It seemed like they were all having fun on the stage and they put on an awesome show! Myles was pretty low in the mix to start, which I was annoyed with. It seemed like the opening band had a better mix than Slash and the boys, but it eventually got better as the show went on and I could hear Myles better. He was great as usual. It was my friend's first time seeing them and he was just in awe the whole time. It was fun having him come since his excitement was contagious. The show was sold out and had a pretty good crowd. Not really any moshing, but you could tell everyone was loving it. I'll see if I can post a video a little later.

I was really tempted to stay after to try to meet the guys, but with the way my work schedule has been this week, I figured that would probably be a bad idea. Sometimes this whole being an "adult" thing just gets in the way of important rock 'n roll stuff. :slam

One nice surprise was the opening band, Raveneye. Most opening bands don't impress me much, but my friends and I all loved their set. Definitely check them out.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

New album looking to be released mid next year - http://slashmob.wix.com/site#!Slash-Exp ... c6437b3317

So irritated.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Ridiculous. So Slash and AB are gonna release an album in the same year. Guess who's gonna get all the focus?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Timotheus wrote:Ridiculous. So Slash and AB are gonna release an album in the same year. Guess who's gonna get all the focus?
If I'm going to have to drive this point to the ground, I'm going to.

AB needs to make the most of this 5th album cycle (like Halestorm is making the most of their current album cycle) or they are going to continue this current process of treading water and not moving forward and not reach the heights that they should and that will irritate me a lot if that happens. This may be their last chance to get to that higher plateau, but they are not going to get there if they don't really commit themselves in the touring sense (like doing headlining shows in their usual areas and hitting new turfs like doing and filling headlining shows in Canada, South America, Poland, etc.).

Stuff like Slash wanting to release another album in the same year will get in the way of that, imo.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Timotheus wrote:Ridiculous. So Slash and AB are gonna release an album in the same year. Guess who's gonna get all the focus?
Is it AB? Please say it's AB Timo :(

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Wait.... So mark is releasing dust and touring mid-2016 and not a single **** is given about "AB time," yet a severely misguided fansite article (I'm guessing this is the one from Slashmob) guesses the next album will be out mid-2016 (although let's be realistic, if they record after AB in March/April then there's NO WAY it'll be out mid-2016) and everyone flips..... Double standard much?!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

The Dust tour is due to end up by mid 2016, and we shouldn't expect the next AB album to actually come out until around September/October of next year, so there really isn't any interference there. But if you assume the Slash stuff is true, that runs right into the release of the next AB album in the second half of the year, because you know Slash will tour. All of that is based upon if the Slash report is even true, but I'm just assuming it is for the sake of this reply. If it's not true, it's a different case.

I don't see how everyone flipped by the way...a couple comments made in jest isn't flipping out. Your post comes across a bit more like flipping out to me. :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Not to mention that it hasn't been Mark's solo project that's been choking the life out of Alter Bridge for the past few years. So it would seem harsh to moan about it. I have no doubts of his priorities.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Ubik wrote:I have no doubts of his priorities.
*cough*Creed*cough* *adds fuel to fire and runs away*
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I was thinking more along the lines of designing absurd guitars.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

uctalum01 wrote:Wait.... So mark is releasing dust and touring mid-2016 and not a single **** is given about "AB time," yet a severely misguided fansite article (I'm guessing this is the one from Slashmob) guesses the next album will be out mid-2016 (although let's be realistic, if they record after AB in March/April then there's NO WAY it'll be out mid-2016) and everyone flips..... Double standard much?!
The thing is if the roles were reversed and the Creed reunion actually went really smoothly where Mark and Stapp were on really good terms and Myles actually did get that solo album out and does Tremonti solo band size success (from a critical standpoint), I will guarantee that I would still feel the same way I would do now. I would just be upset at different people.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Myles was bound to choose between Slash and AB, eventually. It's incredible it went so smoothly for so many years. Now we'll see which one is the real priority in his heart :shifty

By the way, I think Slash is releasing albums a bit too fast. He should let his fans anticipate new material a bit more IMO.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, he just released a 17 song album. I really liked World On Fire, but there's just too much music coming from his camp.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

If Myles continues to sing as nasally as on some Fortress songs, I truly can go without new AB stuff.