Myles Kennedy Solo Tour 2018

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Myles Kennedy Solo Tour 2018

Post by WaywardOne »

I finally managed to see Myles a few nights ago in Denver. He sounds just as good as ever but the show had such a different vibe than an AB show. Obvious musical differences aside, he just had a completely different demeanor, just so happy and silly and interacted with the crowd more; I think the smaller venues just suit him better.

What surprised me the most though was how much these songs ROCKED when played live! He used an electric guitar most of the time, but the biggest shock was Zia. He absolutely KILLED on the drums, and made The Great Beyond sound heavy as hell.

Other pleasant surprises: He played All Ends Well, which he led into by stating AB had never played before, and he did a solo rendition of World On Fire, with just himself and his resonator guitar.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

WaywardOne wrote:I finally managed to see Myles a few nights ago in Denver. He sounds just as good as ever but the show had such a different vibe than an AB show. Obvious musical differences aside, he just had a completely different demeanor, just so happy and silly and interacted with the crowd more; I think the smaller venues just suit him better.

What surprised me the most though was how much these songs ROCKED when played live! He used an electric guitar most of the time, but the biggest shock was Zia. He absolutely KILLED on the drums, and made The Great Beyond sound heavy as hell.

Other pleasant surprises: He played All Ends Well, which he led into by stating AB had never played before, and he did a solo rendition of World On Fire, with just himself and his resonator guitar.
Hey! I was at that show too. Wish I'd known so we'd could say hello! Hopefully in the spring if Tremonti comes through the area.

I was a brilliant night. I think Myles has become really comfortable and relaxed in his solo role. He jokes with the crowd so easily, switches from one chapter of his musical bio to another so smoothly, and he totally slays it on stage. Man, what I'd give to hear some more Mayfield 4 from those guys, and All Ends Well was incredibly special. You're right about Zia, too. He is a beast, and the three of them, with Timmeh on bass, sound huge. The songs sounded so much bigger live than they do on the album - not that it's bad or good, but that's just how full and rocking the performance was. But Myles' emotion on both the guitar and vocals always kept the songs true to their spirit and meaning.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

gbruin wrote:
WaywardOne wrote:I finally managed to see Myles a few nights ago in Denver. He sounds just as good as ever but the show had such a different vibe than an AB show. Obvious musical differences aside, he just had a completely different demeanor, just so happy and silly and interacted with the crowd more; I think the smaller venues just suit him better.

Hey! I was at that show too. Wish I'd known so we'd could say hello! Hopefully in the spring if Tremonti comes through the area.

I was a brilliant night. I think Myles has become really comfortable and relaxed in his solo role. He jokes with the crowd so easily, switches from one chapter of his musical bio to another so smoothly, and he totally slays it on stage. Man, what I'd give to hear some more Mayfield 4 from those guys, and All Ends Well was incredibly special. You're right about Zia, too. He is a beast, and the three of them, with Timmeh on bass, sound huge. The songs sounded so much bigger live than they do on the album - not that it's bad or good, but that's just how full and rocking the performance was. But Myles' emotion on both the guitar and vocals always kept the songs true to their spirit and meaning.
Dang, sorry I missed ya! Glad you got to go too though. And yes, I've seen AB and Myles now, but still not Tremonti. He's gotta be next!

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Saw Myles in Seattle, absolutely amazing to finally hear him live (I've been unable to go to any previous tours that Myles has gone on...). Setlist left little to be wanted, played 3 Mayfield 4 songs, 3 Alter bridge, World on fire and all but Songbird off the Year of the Tiger. Was an amazing show, still amazed at how great of a player he is and how close to the record he sounds live

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

3 MF4 songs? Gaah!! What were they?? I've seen Eden and White Flag on the setlists this tour. What else did he do??

Myles played Eden at our show with Zia on a bongo. I loved how after the song, they just had big smiles and a subtle little fist bump between them. I think they really enjoyed bringing back one of "their" old ones. Gives me hope...
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

He played Don't Walk Away and told the story about how he and Zia wrote it

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

He played three Mayfield Four songs when he came to LA. Mars Hotel, Eden, and White Flag. I thought he was only going to play Eden, but the fact that he played two others, including White Flag which was tremendous, is a huge bonus.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

Am I the only one who doesn't like the way he's rearranging these songs?
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto