Myles Kennedy Solo Tour 2018

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Myles Kennedy Solo Tour 2018

Post by anguyen92 »

Ok, now he played Iron Maiden's The Trooper in today's show in London. Nothing is really off limits, honestly, if you are going to be playing The Trooper on an acoustic guitar.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Good to see stuff like Life Must Go On and All Ends Well getting their due.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

I haven't heard a redone version of a song that I could listen to fully. I only like the new songs this way. I dunno why. It doesn't help that some of the songs he picks just don't translate well to acoustic. Like Addicted to Pain.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

The one song I've wanted to hear my entire life is Mercy Rub. I'm going to shout it out during the concert between songs and see if I'm lucky.

Losing Patience is such a poor song imo. Please make room in the set for something... anything else...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

That The Trooper cover was actually really cool!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Post by MrsPog »

:rockon
Timotheus wrote:That The Trooper cover was actually really cool!

Mr.Vlado
Bought The CDs

Post by Mr.Vlado »

Hi everyone, I just came from Myles' concert in Berlin.
It was absolutely incredible. I've read that some people do not like his "style" of doing the solo tour because of his talking and messing up songs with it in a way, so I was a little bit skeptical about that - but it was just perfect in my opinion. Yes, he does talk a lot and makes jokes, but they are extremely funny (really, the crowd loved it and we were laughing really hard most of the time) and when he played the "deeper" songs he was concentrated as always. I loved every second!
He even started to play and sing a Beegees-song which was hilarious. Maybe someone has recorded it and will upload it. What an entertainment :yes

Edit: I have just been uploading some live recordings, I've recorded White Flag, Eden, Haunted by Design and Love Can Only Heal with my Lumix. For those who are interested:

Eden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49F-ls9JxpQ
Love Can Only Heal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHl_Qjjntbw
White Flag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-PIqQk-zG0

I think live video links are allowed, right?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Myles bringing another song to the repertoire from The Last Hero album. Here's You Will Be Remembered.

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

Myles' show in Vienna was amazing. He did 23 songs (22 full and a minute of Superstition) and he sounded amazing. Crowd was really responsive and not almost dead like usual, I had a feeling everyone knew all the songs. I didn't see a pic of a setlist but last 2 encore looked genuine and not like a staged encore

buncer
Brand New Start

Post by buncer »

AB23 wrote:The one song I've wanted to hear my entire life is Mercy Rub. I'm going to shout it out during the concert between songs and see if I'm lucky.

Losing Patience is such a poor song imo. Please make room in the set for something... anything else...
He won't remember the lyrics haha. But that would be epic man, that song is one of my all time favorites. Please do it!
Can you deny the denial? I didn't think so...

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I'll shout out the lyrics to him to his face when he lets me on stage as a nude stage prop

buncer
Brand New Start

Post by buncer »

The reason he has not been playing the likes of Mercy Rub and Reigns over Me might be that he is intimidated by the epic high octave parts in those songs as he got older. (He killed a such part in Lyla recently though)

By the way, did anyone notice that he has yet to play some of the fan favorites (especially Nothing but a Name and The Great Beyond) from the solo album in the shows yet?It's a bit disappointing for me.
Can you deny the denial? I didn't think so...

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

buncer wrote:The reason he has not been playing the likes of Mercy Rub and Reigns over Me might be that he is intimidated by the epic high octave parts in those songs as he got older. (He killed a such part in Lyla recently though)

By the way, did anyone notice that he has yet to play some of the fan favorites (especially Nothing but a Name and The Great Beyond) from the solo album in the shows yet?It's a bit disappointing for me.
I wouldn’t be opposed to him holding off on those songs until he has the full instrumentation backing him, especially with The Great Beyond.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

It's more likely that Mercy Rub is not one of MF4's top 10 famous songs so he honestly would have no reason to play it for all 2 people in the crowd that had heard it before.

rockflower
Brand New Start

Post by rockflower »

Hey guys!
I took my mom to Myles' gig in Vienna a week ago for her birthday and she absolutely loved it. Me too, of course. :mkrules
She was contemplating buying concert t-shirt (the one with guitar in the front and tour dates in the back) but then she said she doesn't want it and now she can't stop talking about it, how she should have bought it :facepalm - that's my mom, everybody :lol
So I wanted to ask if there is a site were you could by concert merch by any chance? All I could find was the tiger t-shirt and the one with album cover on it but nothing else that was at the arena at display.
I know this is a long shot but I thought I'd try :)

hackingislife
TABN.com Citizen

Post by hackingislife »

So, I'll be going to the Highline Ballroom show in NYC on 05/22. Anybody else from here going? I'll be flying in from OKC, so it'll be awesome to have to meet up with a "known" person there.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

More UK/European dates announced today. Half of them are solo shows, half are with a full band.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

I’ll be able to see him on 30th June but it’s a solo show and i reaaaally want to see a full band but i’m In Asia all of fucking July!! Do you guys think there’s a chance he might add more full band dates in Europe later on ?

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Holiday season in Europe ; lots of people will miss this ! Is he really skipping Holland and Belgium with the full band ?

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

Does anyone have details about the full band?
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto