New Slash/MK Album On The Way

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: New Slash/MK Album On The Way

Post by Mr. Slash »

Yea, weather is weird in Germany right now. The performance turned out well in the end. But the first few songs seemed quite off. Sometimes I think that Todd Kerns would be the better lead singer for Slash.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Mr. Slash wrote:Yea, weather is weird in Germany right now. The performance turned out well in the end. But the first few songs seemed quite off. Sometimes I think that Todd Kerns would be the better lead singer for Slash.
I feel like the band under utilizes Todd. Personally I'd like a couple new songs for Todd to sing and have him sing about 6 songs each show while Myles does 18-20 extending the setlist longer but having more variety. Maybe even have Myles join in on guitar for songs where Todd does vocals so he has something to do. A dual lead guitar between Slash and Myles would be super cool

mirko.volpon
Bought The CDs

Post by mirko.volpon »

Dvd bluray 2 cd living the dream out 20 september

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Can you please share the source for that ?
Can’t find anything on the big WWW

mirko.volpon
Bought The CDs

Post by mirko.volpon »

schleif91
Brand New Start

Post by schleif91 »

So weird seeing Myles use a les Paul instead of a prs haha

sugarandcyanide
Bought The CDs

Post by sugarandcyanide »

Got a ticket last minute for tomorrow in Northfield. My work schedule worked out after all. Seat is shit. I am spoiled since I saw them 3rd row in '14, 2nd row in '15 and Frank tossed me a setlist. BUT, I am happy to be there...excited.
SMKC

07/20/14 - Northfield, OH
09/26/15 - Northfield, OH
08/01/19 - Northfield, OH

Myles - YOTT

11/19/18 - Cleveland, OH

MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Post by MrsPog »

sugarandcyanide wrote:Got a ticket last minute for tomorrow in Northfield. My work schedule worked out after all. Seat is shit. I am spoiled since I saw them 3rd row in '14, 2nd row in '15 and Frank tossed me a setlist. BUT, I am happy to be there...excited.
Shit seat or not, you'll love it... it's a great set!

sugarandcyanide
Bought The CDs

MrsPog wrote:
sugarandcyanide wrote:Got a ticket last minute for tomorrow in Northfield. My work schedule worked out after all. Seat is shit. I am spoiled since I saw them 3rd row in '14, 2nd row in '15 and Frank tossed me a setlist. BUT, I am happy to be there...excited.
Shit seat or not, you'll love it... it's a great set!
Yes, it was. Myles sounded great and they all kicked ass once again. So glad I got to hear "Apocalyptic Love," one of my favorites.
SMKC

Myles - YOTT

11/19/18 - Cleveland, OH

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Lol. At the show I was at, Myles played an SG. Weirdness.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AngusWolfe
Bought The CDs

Post by AngusWolfe »

One Drew Remains wrote:Lol. At the show I was at, Myles played an SG. Weirdness.
I imagine Slash has some deal with Gibson. Frank Sidoris only plays Gibsons at those shows, right?

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

One Drew Remains wrote:Lol. At the show I was at, Myles played an SG. Weirdness.
Even more weird that Myles gets this guitar only to play 3 chords during the Anastasia outro.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Mr. Slash wrote:
Even more weird that Myles gets this guitar only to play 3 chords during the Anastasia outro.
It's a pretty darn long outro, plus it's the final song of the set so, might as well play it out rather than stand around not doing much in the closing minutes of the show.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Yes. Frank plays Gibson too. At the St Louis show, Richard Fortus (a STL native) came out and played on Night Train.

It was also Slash's first time back in that venue since the GnR riot in 1991.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

Totally agree with the Anastasia outro. Sometimes, Slash likes to extend the songs too much.
Worst is the Wicked Stone outro. Hearing the same chords for 15 minutes its just boring. (Seeing people bowing to it is just meh) :D
Sometimes less is more.

I like some extensions or improvising but not so long. AB could do some of it in some songs.

SchleifXnation
Brand New Start

Post by SchleifXnation »

Yea slash has an exclusive deal but before myles used to have a prs even on stage since its just the couple chords .

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

Silvercreed wrote:Totally agree with the Anastasia outro. Sometimes, Slash likes to extend the songs too much.
Worst is the Wicked Stone outro. Hearing the same chords for 15 minutes its just boring. (Seeing people bowing to it is just meh) :D
Sometimes less is more.

I like some extensions or improvising but not so long. AB could do some of it in some songs.
That and Rocket Queen. I was never a big fan of that song and throwing a 15 min solo into it has pretty much ruined it completely for me.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

AngusWolfe
Bought The CDs

Post by AngusWolfe »

SchleifXnation wrote:Yea slash has an exclusive deal but before myles used to have a prs even on stage since its just the couple chords .
Before, yeah, but Gibson may not have been happy that he was playing their competitors guitars (especially as Myles is a big fan of the SC 245, which is the closest they had to a Les Paul before the 594 came out) at a show with Gibson's poster boy's name on the ticket. Gibson have been in the news lately about them being very aggressive to brands who they think are copying their shapes and using their Intellectual Property. They're going all in on their branding, and Slash is all over their branding.

Or Myles just thought that guitar fit the show better.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Maybe just doesn't want to cart his rig around for that tiny part, so uses something that Slash has lying around. Unless his Herberts are there, in which case I am very wrong.
For all of the hope that it brings...

sugarandcyanide
Bought The CDs

Silvercreed wrote:Totally agree with the Anastasia outro. Sometimes, Slash likes to extend the songs too much.
Sometimes less is more.

Yeah, the long outro on "Wicked Stone" was too long and irritating, actually. I sat down was like, "Okay, that's enough. Next song."
SMKC

Myles - YOTT

11/19/18 - Cleveland, OH