Should the Conspirators keep on playing GNR songs?

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 18

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Now that the GNR have reformed, do you think the Conspirators should keep on playing songs from the GNR, or should they focus only on their own catalogue?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Should the Conspirators keep on playing GNR songs?

Post by anguyen92 »

I'm leaning more towards no. Personally, I feel like them playing a lot of GNR songs in a set is more of a disservice to a talent like Myles. Heck, for a band that was so good at playing all kinds of songs, I really did not like the sets they were playing in 2015 since it was too loaded with GNR for my liking. To their credit though, they were still rolling with 5-6 World on Fire songs a night.

Hopefully, with this upcoming tour, they can get back to varying their sets more and favor more towards their stuff, Snakepit, Velvet Revolver and throw some more unexpected non-GNR covers. I mean if they want to keep playing like three GNR tracks like Nightrain, Sweet Child Of Mine, and Paradise City, I won't object since they do a great job of that. That stated, I would not miss it at all if they ditched stuff like You Could be Mine, Rocket Queen because that solo is so damn boring (I know people love to see Slash lose himself out there, but I'm just not that interested. Then again, I'm one that probably would want to see Myles noodle around for 10 minutes with a Resonator so what do I know?)

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

No. What's the point? GnR is back together now.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I think they should not play any GNR songs anymore. It doesn't make much sense, and they have enough songs of their own.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

2 or 3 songs are fine.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

And it’s just nice to hear some of those real classics in smaller venues with a better singer.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Do you think they would be able to sell enough tickets if they didn't play GnR? And, do you think the show would it be interesting and engaging enough to the casual fan if they didn't play GnR?

I think the answer to both questions is no, although I do wander how the GnR reunion impacts on the demand for Slash's solo shows. I imagine an awful lot of people went to Slash's shows as they were the only opportunity to hear the classic GnR songs played by a decent and credible band. Having said that, I reckon being able to hear those songs in more intimate venues, as riemslag1 suggests, is probably a selling point in itself. I also agree with the others that, whilst they can't completely remove the GnR songs, they can get away with playing a lot less. It would be cool for some of the Slash's Snakepit stuff to make its way back into the set, which if I recall correctly, had been removed entirely in recent years.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

BSC wrote:It would be cool for some of the Slash's Snakepit stuff to make its way back into the set, which if I recall correctly, had been removed entirely in recent years.
Mainly because Myles' voice doesn't fit in a stylistic way I guess. Especially his versions of the second Snakepit album were pretty... weak. Same goes for many heavier GnR songs like Welcome To The Jungle or My Michelle.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Timotheus wrote:2 or 3 songs are fine.
Timo is correct.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die