The Official MAYFIELD FOUR Thread

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Official MAYFIELD FOUR Thread

Post by WkdSelina »

How good eh!? Have to say thank you to Jenifer (think no longer a member here now?) who posted the link on her Facebook! Thought would be nice to share here too :)

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I can't thank you enough, you made my night! :)

What exactly are these songs? Were they B-sides from Fallout or Second Skin, or were they written for a new album? I can't get over how good these are..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WkdSelina »

No Idea! Wish knew myself!

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Judging by the sound (guitar, vocals, mixing, etc), they sound like a mix of songs from Fallout and Second Skin recording sessions. I'd guess b-sides from both albums.
Photobucket cash grab.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I think Fall That Hard especially sound very Second Skin-ish..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Reigns Over Me sounds like it could've been recorded between the two albums. Sounds a little more Fallout-ish though.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Hi there, long time lurker here. It seems that Reign Over Me has been taken down. I was wondering if anybody who ripped these songs would be willing to send them to me? It would be much appreciated! =)

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Bollocks, was literally just listening to these songs and realised Reign Over Me isn't on there anymore! It's the only song from that selection that was above average! Not saying the other songs are bad, but Reign Over Me is brilliant!

I wonder why it's been taken down? Maybe Myles found out and didn't want it up there?

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

I was surprised to see there were only the four songs on there myself when everyone here was saying there were five. I don't think Myles would want it taken down though, especially since the pre-Fallout songs (Mercy Rub, 10K, Freakshow) are on Youtube and have been for a long time. Unless maybe he's re-worked Reign Over Me for his solo album?

EDIT: Some of the notes Myles hits on these songs, good lord. These just reaffirm for the millionth time how incredible a singer he is.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I highly doubt he's re-worked Reign Over Me for his solo album, just because it seems unlikely to me. Although, if his solo album has more songs like that one, it'll be an extremely good album. To be honest, I doubt he's too fussed about his solo album, if he wanted to do it so badly, surely he would have found the time to do it by now?

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

I wish I had seen this topic earlier so I could have heard it. Hopefully somebody is willing to upload the songs.

And I think he wants to release it but is worried about overexposure. He did say a while back that he didn't want to have his voice on too many releases in one year or something but I would be more than happy to have him on multiple releases if I had that option. But I agree too that if he was feeling the pressure to get it out he would have been working on it (unless he has been on the side and hasn't said anything). I feel like 2015 is the year for it at this point with AB's new album this year and the new Slash album next year.

Man do I love these songs. I wonder how many other unreleased tracks are out there.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

These unreleased songs have made me wonder how much unreleased material is out there. I remember reading somewhere that Myles had written over 100 songs for Second Skin? I doubt that they recorded anything close to that number, but there must be a lot of demos out there!

Even though I find the songs a bit average, they're a lot more refreshing to listen to than the average Alter Bridge song. It's a shame you didn't get to listen to Reign Over Me, I hope you do soon because it's a really good song. Welcome to the board as well!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

He wrote over 100 songs?! That's insane. I'm surprised there aren't more unreleased MF4 songs out there really. I could just be a bit spoiled being a major Guns N' Roses fan and having such an abundance of demos and unreleased songs at my disposal all the time, but it seems like MF4 and AB keep an extremely tight lock on their unreleased stuff.

And thank you very much! I've been a reader for a long time and figured now would be a good time to join with the new AB album coming up soon.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I uploaded the song, if anybody wants it, just message me. Don't know if it's against the rules to just post it on here.

But it's very interesting that the song has been taken down. Why only that song?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Timotheus wrote:I uploaded the song, if anybody wants it, just message me. Don't know if it's against the rules to just post it on here.

But it's very interesting that the song has been taken down. Why only that song?
Thank you so much! This guy rocks. =D

Yeah that's sort of strange that only that song was taken down. Maybe I should rip the other songs just in case they get taken down too. =P

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Sweet gash of the ancients. New Mayfield Four.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

They all sound Second Skin era to me, the voice in particular. Fall That Hard reminds me a ton of High.

Belated edit - Come Back To Me is awesome!
For all of the hope that it brings...

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Love Come Back To Me. These songs are for sure B-side material. But its always incredible to hear vintage Myles. He has insane charisma.

EDIT: Reigns Over Me... just wow. MF4 created some incredible atmospheric songs.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Myles was mad when Mercy Rub was put up by Marty, and he'd likely be pissed these were too. It's the perfectionist in him.
Photobucket cash grab.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

I thought Marty was the mad one and Myles didn't care. Also Marty didn't put up Mercy Rub, he gave it to his friend and his friend put it up somehow.