Bought The CDs

Re: The Official MAYFIELD FOUR Thread

Post by Ariana »

I see. It's a tempting offer, though.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

It was $20 I think. And I don't think he accepted PayPal, he wanted a money order or a cheque or something.

Patty
White Knuckled

Post by Patty »

Now he's accepting credit cards. I will not be taking up his offer on that. Ha!
Credit to the original sig creator. (Please remind me who you are so I can credit you properly)

hackingislife
TABN.com Citizen

Post by hackingislife »

Question regarding the lyrics to 12/31 by TMF. I get all the lyrics, but I can't figure out, nor can I find online, the lyrics to the part right before "I will feel your looooooooooooooooooooove." It's right after the "I would do anything right now." Anybody have an idea as to what the lyrics may be?

markmon93
Brand New Start

Post by markmon93 »

Timotheus wrote:I uploaded the song, if anybody wants it, just message me. Don't know if it's against the rules to just post it on here.

But it's very interesting that the song has been taken down. Why only that song?
hi!!! please, can you send the songs?

Electricladyland
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Electricladyland »

I just heard their cover of Inner City Blues on my Marvin Gaye Pandora station. I tweeted to Myles asking if one day if there is a chance he'll cover Trouble Man :yes :P Doubt it, but doesn't hurt to ask

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

hackingislife wrote:Question regarding the lyrics to 12/31 by TMF. I get all the lyrics, but I can't figure out, nor can I find online, the lyrics to the part right before "I will feel your looooooooooooooooooooove." It's right after the "I would do anything right now." Anybody have an idea as to what the lyrics may be?
I have zero idea about that unfortunately and I've been listening to both albums a lot lately. It's not in the lyric booklet either, which I noticed has quite a few mistakes in it as well.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I just listened to Second Skin in it's entirety for the first time. Love, love, love it. No wonder he was Mark's first choice.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Nice! Got a favorite yet?
Thanks Timo!

Decay

Post by Decay »

One Drew Remains wrote:I just listened to Second Skin in it's entirety for the first time. Love, love, love it. No wonder he was Mark's first choice.
Awesome! Glad you loved it, man. Anything from The Mayfield Four is pure gold! Both Fallout and Second Skin are astonishing albums! :)

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

Fallout is one of my all time favorite albums. The writing is just genius; there are no cliche vocal/lyric structures going on, which makes me so happy. Also, Myles' use of his voice is phenomenal.

hackingislife
TABN.com Citizen

Post by hackingislife »

JSlade wrote:Fallout is one of my all time favorite albums. The writing is just genius; there are no cliche vocal/lyric structures going on, which makes me so happy. Also, Myles' use of his voice is phenomenal.
Seconded like no other. Every song has such an incredible dynamic along with phenomenal vocal work by Kennedy. The biggest thing, above everything else, is that it never gets boring. My favorites are Forfeit, Fallout, 12/31, Big Verb, Overflow, and Don't Walk Away. Almost half the album, but it's really that damn good.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I would pay 500 bucks right now for a mayfield four video containing a live version of mercy rub. I'm not even kidding. That song is so beautiful. It speaks to me.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB23 wrote:I would pay 500 bucks right now for a mayfield four video containing a live version of mercy rub. I'm not even kidding. That song is so beautiful. It speaks to me.
I remember I first used to have a version of Mercy Rub where the song would randomly stop at 4:05 and I never decided to find the full version for whatever reason, and then when I heard the full version and what happens after 4:05 it was like listening to the song for the first time all over again :cloud9

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

...or Reigns Over Me

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I still can't believe Reigns Over Me is a B-side. Discovering that song was like listening to Summergirl for the first time..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Agreed. ^ Love those tunes so much!

Anyways, I think it's from the Fallout era.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Summergirl... First MF4 song I ever heard. So crazy, that song has such a distinct identity from the rest of the record... That song and its lyrics will always hold a special place in my heart.
Thanks Timo!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Summergirl... :cloud9
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Andy92 wrote:Summer... :cloud9