The Ides of March

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Post Reply
User avatar
Inconquerable
Rise Today
Posts: 3917
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:21 pm
Location: Shady Oak Dr.

The Ides of March

Post by Inconquerable »

Time to take the subforums back!

https://www.facebook.com/downloadfest/v ... 368503559/ (Thanks, Shea!)
Interview starts around 1:42.

Myles did an interview with DownloadTV and he spoke about his next solo record! Here are some highlights:

- He has "about two records now" (I'll take a double album!).
- This will be "louder/more plugged in" than Year of the Tiger, but will still be bluesy with a lot of "guitar silliness".
- He's demoed the whole album and has started pre-production on it.
- Will be recording the album in the next couple of months.
- Elvis and Jeff are producing/mixing again. Tim and Zia are also going to play on it again.
- This won't be a concept record, says there are elements of how he's dealing with quarantine and what's going on in the world, but it's not just that. He says he's concerned with it being irrelevant by the time it comes out if it's just songs about the pandemic (or about it), so it sounds like he's being smart about it.
Image

nagpo
On The Rail
Posts: 1740
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Re: MK II

Post by nagpo »

I hope it's not political like TLH. I look forward to this record, his first one was good.

User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 4321
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: MK II

Post by Ubik »

Inconquerable wrote:Time to take the subforums back!

https://www.facebook.com/downloadfest/v ... 368503559/ (Thanks, Shea!)
Interview starts around 1:42.

Myles did an interview with DownloadTV and he spoke about his next solo record! Here are some highlights:

- He has "about two records now" (I'll take a double album!).
- This will be "louder/more plugged in" than Year of the Tiger, but will still be bluesy with a lot of "guitar silliness".
- He's demoed the whole album and has started pre-production on it.
- Will be recording the album in the next couple of months.
- Elvis and Jeff are producing/mixing again. Tim and Zia are also going to play on it again.
- This won't be a concept record, says there are elements of how he's dealing with quarantine and what's going on in the world, but it's not just that. He says he's concerned with it being irrelevant by the time it comes out if it's just songs about the pandemic (or about it), so it sounds like he's being smart about it.
*Cough*three*cough* :shifty

Thanks for the update! I love that this is an ongoing thing now.
And if you fall, at least you tried
As you tremble on the wire...

The Dissident
White Knuckled
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: MK II

Post by The Dissident »

Ubik wrote: *Cough*three*cough* :shifty

Thanks for the update! I love that this is an ongoing thing now.
True, but he has said he feels that albums have a shelf life so I doubt we will hear that one...

User avatar
Mr. Slash
On The Rail
Posts: 1594
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 am
Location: Germany

Re: MK II

Post by Mr. Slash »

Inconquerable wrote:
(I'll take a double album!)
Thinking about "Dusterize" I'd rather prefer one excellent album instead of two mediocre ones lol

User avatar
Devil Inside You
TABN.com Citizen
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:13 am

Re: MK II

Post by Devil Inside You »

I am so ridiculously excited for this. I know he said he wanted to pursue a solo career but I was worried Year of the Tiger would end up as a one off project because of commitments to Alter Bridge and Slash. Year of the Tiger was among my top ten favorite albums of the 2010s, so I know he'll deliver something amazing once again. The crazy thing is Year of the Tiger has been my favorite release by Myles from beginning to end since Blackbird. Assuming his sophomore album delivers I may wind up preferring Myles solo to Alter Bridge.

George
White Knuckled
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:51 am
Location: Brazil

Re: MK II

Post by George »

I am not a big fan from the first album but I am sure this one will be better.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

User avatar
Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:54 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: MK II

Post by Silvercreed »

The other day, Myles posted a video, on his FB page, playing funk on his guitar. I hope he saved some jazz/funk riffs for the new album.

chtimixeur
On The Rail
Posts: 1465
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:15 am

Re: MK II

Post by chtimixeur »

I hope we finally get to hear his bluesy side. It's been a long time coming, and I'm convinced he could excel in that genre, because he's got the required chops and soul to pull it off.
I also hope they keep it as raw and as the first album.

The Dissident
White Knuckled
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: MK II

Post by The Dissident »

Myles announced about half an hour ago that the recording for his 2nd album is complete!

User avatar
Devil Inside You
TABN.com Citizen
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:13 am

Re: MK II

Post by Devil Inside You »

I just saw the announcement. I'm so pumped. I've been listening to Year of the Tiger a lot this week and hope to buy the vinyl next paycheck

User avatar
AB4Lyfe
Achilles
Posts: 5704
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:17 pm
Location: The Cryptoverse

Re: MK II

Post by AB4Lyfe »

So probably a release 6 months ago, single in 3-4 months?
Image

The Dissident
White Knuckled
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: MK II

Post by The Dissident »

It could be sooner than 6 months but that does seem like a pretty reasonable timeline

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9811
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: MK II

Post by anguyen92 »

Apparently, he drove 3,000 miles from Spokane to Orlando to record this. This better be a great album if he's committed to do record this under these challenging circumstances.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFnGUfYFDGd/

User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 4321
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: MK II

Post by Ubik »

Elvis pioneering the jeans and flip-flops approach, I see.
And if you fall, at least you tried
As you tremble on the wire...

User avatar
WaywardOne
Isolated
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:27 pm
Location: Yorkorado

Re: MK II

Post by WaywardOne »

Been about 3 months since recording completed, surprised we haven't heard anything yet... hopefully right after the holidays/New Year's he'll be ready to dish out some more info?

The Dissident
White Knuckled
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: MK II

Post by The Dissident »

WaywardOne wrote:Been about 3 months since recording completed, surprised we haven't heard anything yet... hopefully right after the holidays/New Year's he'll be ready to dish out some more info?
Hopefully this is the case!

User avatar
Mr. Slash
On The Rail
Posts: 1594
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 am
Location: Germany

Re: MK II

Post by Mr. Slash »


User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 4321
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: MK II

Post by Ubik »

Mr. Slash wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:47 pm New music coming soon
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialMylesK ... 0304707046
Interesting (tiny) snippet!

Can't wait.
And if you fall, at least you tried
As you tremble on the wire...

User avatar
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle
Posts: 16540
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:52 am
Location: Belgium シ

Re: MK II

Post by Timotheus »

Ohhh, definitely sounds heavier than his last one.
Image
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Post Reply