The Ides of March

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: MK II

Post by Timotheus »

Aside from the fact that the intro is 100% Sting's Shape Of My Heart, it is a fantastic song! Took me a few listens to get into it, because I was expecting something entirely different, but it's beautifully put together.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I couldn’t place it, but it sounded so familiar! Thanks Timo!!

The drums are great throughout the entire track. Love the little bluesy like breakdown too. Myles guitar work on that section is killer! Not what I was expecting from this track, but I like it. Only been able to give it like 2-3 listens though, so I need to listen a few more times.
Photobucket cash grab.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

After about 3 listens I feel like it's an okay song. Myles' vocals sound much better here than they do on In Stride, and I appreciate the fact it's a longer song, but I cant help feel like the song's main groove/beat gets repetitive after a while for a song thats near 8 mins. Wish there was more variety in the musicality. I like the bluesy breakdown in the middle of the song the most out of anything else in it. When I got to the main solo the first, I was hoping for a lot more from it based off the length of the track and the press chatter about this record when it came to solos/lead player stuff, and I feel like it just ends too soon. Overall I would say it's a better title track than Year of The Tiger.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Very impressed. It does feel a bit repetitive for such a lengthy track, but that bluesy middle section is fucking stellar! Myles sounds great. Anxious to hear what else he has in store!

prowler5150
Brand New Start

Post by prowler5150 »

Is there a list somewhere of the exclusive editions (colors, signed, bonus, etc) of Ides of March?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

What a timely release for this song. About a day after the actual date of The Ides of March. Anywho, nothing more that can be said about this song that hasn't been said. It's hard to imagine him churning out great big long songs at this point, but he still has it in him.

I think I might like the last quarter of the song the most. That light at the end of the tunnel.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I think his comment on Youtube is spot on:
The intro guitar sounds as if Stairway to Heaven had a child with Shape of my Heart.
As to the song itself, it's too soon for me to know how I feel about it.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Parts of it remind me of Hotel California.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Seriously can't get enough of this song: Myles' voice, the vocal melodies, both guitar solo's, the high notes, practically everything about it I enjoy although I do see what some people mean by repetitive.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Masterpiece

Sugar Blade
Bought The CDs

Post by Sugar Blade »

Am I imagining things or something had been done in Elvis'es department during Walk The Sky 2.0? I can actually hear instruments and little nuances.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

man this song is really eclectic rock . I just preordered the album

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

This man is ridiculous.

Think someone has ballsed up slightly by labelling it "explicit" :lol
For all of the hope that it brings...

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

I like it. His voice sounds different after years.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

He might be running out of gas lyrically. And the bluesy lead guitar over a bossa nova beat sure is... interesting.

Overall it mostly feels like a Conspirators track, meaning something I'm not likely to revisit.

But there are 3 tracks from Year Of The Tiger that I still enjoy and that's really all I'm hoping for here. A few tracks that I can get into.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Kind of obsessed with the video

For all of the hope that it brings...

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

Great song. Ive listened a few times and it never feels 8 mins long.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Great song - finally - for me personally it easily tops all songs from WTS (yes, even Dying Light)

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Here's a new interview with Doc Coyle:
https://pod.link/ex-man/episode/950c21e ... 4cfafd0cd3
Doc welcomes Alter Bridge/Slash vocalist and guitarist, Myles Kennedy, to the show, and they talk about Myles' guitar shredder days in music college, how playing with jazz-fusion band, Cosmic Dust led to him fronting fuck-R&B ensemble, Citizen Swing, necessity and pragmatism leading him to develop his vocal ability, breaking out on a major label with alternative rock band, The Mayfield Four, why he thinks he has avoided the tropes of Lead Singer Disease, how he landed a role the hit film, Rock Star, how he went from almost quitting music to joining Alter Bridge, what he has learned playing with Slash, and Myles gives Doc a mini-vocal lesson on how to hit the high notes.
I haven't listened to it yet, but Doc's a great interviewer, so it should be interesting.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Only listened to the song once yesterday (and plan on keeping it that way until the album comes out), so I don't have a lot of specific insight to give on the song other than that I absolutely loved it...just a brilliant song. It didn't feel like it was anywhere near the 8 minute mark when it ended either.

I would say I enjoyed it more than any song off of Year of the Tiger, except for maybe Love Can Only Heal.