The Ides of March

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
nagpo
On The Rail

Re: MK II

Post by nagpo »

Ubik wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:03 pm This man is ridiculous.

Think someone has ballsed up slightly by labelling it "explicit" :lol
who said it was explicit?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

nagpo wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:32 pm
Ubik wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:03 pm This man is ridiculous.

Think someone has ballsed up slightly by labelling it "explicit" :lol
who said it was explicit?
The album on iTunes shows me that "Ides of March", "Get Along", and "Wake Me When It's Over" all have the red "E" for explicit next to them.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Labelled that way on Amazon as well, weird!
For all of the hope that it brings...

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

that's just how epic those songs are probably. "E" for epic

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Uhhh anyone else feel like they just heard a future James Bond intro song??? I kept seeing those typical visuals in my head during my first listen and it seemed to work so well.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

You can't deny this is a great song.

Post by gbruin »

This is my favorite MK song so far. Love Can Only Heal was my favorite on YOTT, but I always wished the guitar solo on that were longer. No worries here. I love how this song is created and the progression of the tone from start to finish. It's atmospheric and patient, but it never feels like it's an 8 minute song. The solos are really Gilmour-esque with tons of flow and breadth and emotion and his vocal tone sounds so much more natural than the first single. Zia's drumming is the underlying hero on this is song, too. Great great piece.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

FINALLY! This is what I wanted from MK material. This is a song with musicians vibing, groove, interplay and space in the arrangement. Great stuff.

sukidayo
Brand New Start

Post by sukidayo »

Dolo wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:02 pm Parts of it remind me of Hotel California.
Me too, Dolo. But it's not bad :)

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Like with the Walk The Sky theme?

Post by gbruin »

Hey mods! When can we rename this thread The Ides Of March?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

gbruin
MEGLADONG

I'm excited, but I think I'm just too tired to get that fired up about anything right now.

Post by gbruin »

Is it me or are we just less hyped about MKII than we were about YOTT? Is it the decreased volume on the boards, the fact we've already heard something solo from Myles, fatigue with everything in the world these days, or am I just making too much out things?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: I'm excited, but I think I'm just too tired to get that fired up about anything right now.

Post by anguyen92 »

gbruin wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:52 pm Is it me or are we just less hyped about MKII than we were about YOTT? Is it the decreased volume on the boards, the fact we've already heard something solo from Myles, fatigue with everything in the world these days, or am I just making too much out things?
I think it comes down to the fact that we are still in pandemic mode and that there are no shows for us to go to that may look like this album hype is less exciting. It's certainly not the songs' issue since he released a huge gem in The Ides of March.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: I'm excited, but I think I'm just too tired to get that fired up about anything right now.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

gbruin wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:52 pm Is it me or are we just less hyped about MKII than we were about YOTT? Is it the decreased volume on the boards, the fact we've already heard something solo from Myles, fatigue with everything in the world these days, or am I just making too much out things?
I feel like this time around I am less hyped for MKII than I was for YOTT overall. I agree that all of those things you mentioned are part of the equation, but also because of covid and lockdowns, there's been no touring, no live shows, no in-person press interviews or even enough online skype interviews from Myles about the album to really get the hype train going.

I know this isnt the right thread to be saying this necessarily either, and I'm not trying to take anything away from Myles but I'm also more hyped for Marks solo album personally speaking, so my frame of mind and all my hype energy is fixated on wanting to hear anything at all about that at the moment, than to think of MK II :/

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Another thing to consider is that YoTT was the first time we ever got to hear his solo stuff - which had also been hyped by rumors pretty much since Alter Bridge became a thing. Album 1 was a long hyped unknown, Album 2 is to be expected.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

WaywardOne wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:18 pm Another thing to consider is that YoTT was the first time we ever got to hear his solo stuff - which had also been hyped by rumors pretty much since Alter Bridge became a thing. Album 1 was a long hyped unknown, Album 2 is to be expected.

My thinking precisely. I was a lot more hyped for MK1 because it was long overdue and no one knew what to expect.

This time around we generally have an idea of what to expect. HOWEVER, the Ides of March leads me to believe it might be a lot better than we expect.

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

Myles on a cool jazzy stuff. I would like to see some of it on the new album.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Silvercreed wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:50 pm Myles on a cool jazzy stuff. I would like to see some of it on the new album.

Man that was so great thanks for posting. I love hearing him go back to that style of music that he did in citizen swing and cosmic dust. His voice suits it just as well as it does metal/rock. I want a whole record like this!

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It's nice to hear his unfiltered voice without the so-called "Elvis magic".

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Myles sounds so incredible on this one

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

"Band geek." Nailed it.
For all of the hope that it brings...