Next Conspirators album late 2013/early 2014?

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Next Conspirators album late 2013/early 2014?

Post by Ubik »

It's a discussion board, not a peer-reviewed journal. If there's an issue that people have thoughts about, they're likely going to make assumptions (we aren't likely to get Myles under oath saying whether he does or doesn't want to disappoint Slash). We're just talking about it, I don't see why that's an issue.

As far as I know, there are no plans to kidnap Slash yet. Unless I missed the last meeting and we decided on it then.
For all of the hope that it brings...

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

It's not an issue, it's a discussion board, I'm able to state how ridiculous I think some people's arguments are as much as their allowed to state them, surely? I'm not saying people can't make those assumptions, but the validity of those people's arguments are seriously reduced by making them.

I just dislike the fact that every month or so this conversation comes up and it's the same old crap said by the same people, but that's just me. If people enjoy this kind of conversation, carry on.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I'm usually on the more Slash side of the argument in fairness (well, I veer back and forth), but starting pre-production right before the band's about to start an arena tour was slightly irritating.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

^ Myles is not with them though.. It's just Todd, Brent and Slash..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Timotheus wrote:^ Myles is not with them though.. It's just Todd, Brent and Slash..
The odds are very favorable, imo, that within the next ten hours or so, Slash is going to tweet a picture of the band in the studio. Myles included.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

From Twitter (1 Oct):
Start jamming with @toddkerns & @brentfitz next week for next record. VERY stoked. iiii]; )'
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Timotheus wrote:^ Myles is not with them though.. It's just Todd, Brent and Slash..
Myles'll probably be there on skype.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

^ didn't they try that with AB, and didn't that fail miserably? :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Exactly, Myles is never one to be perturbed by a single catastrophic failure.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Slash ‏@Slash
Really good 1st week of pre pro. Very productive. iiii]; )'

Ok, no Myles in this pic, but everyone knows he's there in spirit or through a webcam or something.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Myles does provide mostly melody and lyrics on top of the music, and that comes later, so I guess it makes sense that it's only Slash and the Conspirators.
Thanks Timo!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

He does guitarry parts and helps with arrangements too. I guess this hints that Frank won't be recording.

Also, someone had to take that picture... nice try Slash.

Suvi
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Suvi »

God why are you so worried about this Slash&Myles project? I have read an interview where both Myles and Mark told that having side projects in addition to AB all it takes is very good scheduling. It worked well when AB was touring and Slash and Myles did Apocalyptic Love. And it work too when Slash&Myles were touring and Fortress was made. So why wouldn't it work this time?

After reading the interview I'm pretty sure AB will tour hella lot next year. First in Australia, South and North America, then again in Europe. And Tremonti said that after autumn 2014 tour in Europe Myles will continue with Slash and Tremonti may do another solo album or something.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I'm naturally pessimistic and am suspicious of people with only one name.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Suvi wrote:God why are you so worried about this Slash&Myles project? I have read an interview where both Myles and Mark told that having side projects in addition to AB all it takes is very good scheduling. It worked well when AB was touring and Slash and Myles did Apocalyptic Love. And it work too when Slash&Myles were touring and Fortress was made. So why wouldn't it work this time?

After reading the interview I'm pretty sure AB will tour hella lot next year. First in Australia, South and North America, then again in Europe. And Tremonti said that after autumn 2014 tour in Europe Myles will continue with Slash and Tremonti may do another solo album or something.
Well, this forum is called Alter Bridge Nation, right? So there's obviously going to be a teensy bit of resentment when Alter Bridge stops being Alter Bridge for a period of time. Personally I like the music that comes from the side-projects but that's about it really. For me, the weakest song on Fortress isn't that much weaker than the best song on Apocalyptic Love, but then I'm sure there might be quite a few folks out there who don't feel the same - that's cool. So as much as I'm really happy that Myles' stock has risen due to his association with Slash... if all the side-projects came to an end and AB became a full-time gig again... I would not mind. That being said, the whole thing is not something I tend to complain about really - it is what it is.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

I think it's a bit of an unbalanced comparison between Apocalyptic Love and Fortress. Slash is at a point in his career that he's not trying to reinvent the wheel, and he doesn't need to either. All he's trying to do with his albums is get the cool riffs/solos out of his head and onto a record so that he can go out on tour and play the songs. He has a passion for playing live and he would rather play new songs at his shows than simply play a "Greatest Hits" tour. This is what I gather from interviews and what have you.

Alter Bridge, on the other hand, are still trying to prove themselves with their music and be as creative as possible. They want to push the envelope and come up with new things that they've never come up with or released before. So to say that the weakest Fortress song is better than the best AL song is kind of like comparing apples and oranges, especially considering how different they are in genres. It's kind of like comparing a Lady Gaga song to a Judas Priest song, there's different criteria and their respective music is being recorded in a different context.

Not that I'm comparing Slash/AB to Gaga/Priest in any way, they just came to my mind.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Dan Dando wrote:For me, the weakest song on Fortress isn't that much weaker than the best song on Apocalyptic Love, but then I'm sure there might be quite a few folks out there who don't feel the same - that's cool.
:wave
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Suvi
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Suvi »

Well I'm just happy they have their side projects. I love watching how Myles has kind of two different sides in himself. With AB he's more metal man and I love his guitar playing too. With Slash (and without guitar) he's like a different man. More rocking and relaxed or confident maybe.

And they have said that having those side projects helps them keep fresh and creative. Fortress is awesome record without any filling songs. Not every band could make such a great fourth album after making three awesome albums like AB has made. I'm glad and so happy to see them in Stockholm for the first time in my life! And I want to see them next summer or autumn again. But I also want to see Myles with Slash again some day. Saw them last winter and that was sooo great :)

Suvi
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Suvi »

Ubik, what do you mean?

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Suvi wrote:Ubik, what do you mean?
He's just messing with you.
Photobucket cash grab.