Next Conspirators album late 2013/early 2014?

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Next Conspirators album late 2013/early 2014?

Post by anguyen92 »

AllC392Was wrote:
agny wrote:
AllC392Was wrote:He's getting up there in age. Probably just wants to rush things. Plus besides Slash ft. whoever he doesn't really have any other outlets so he has time
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were trying to be funny.
Yes and no. I know who the guys are (Myles,Kerns,Brentz). But I didn't realize that he was only 4 years older then Myles until now. But he doesn't have any other bands except is film team thing
Well, if you really want to pull straws here, he still has Velvet Revolver with Duff and Matt and Kushner, but if they have never found a singer to their liking in the last five years, they are never going to find the right singer for them.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Slash, I loved the new album and I'm sure the next one will be even better, but Fortress kicks your ass every day of the week and it needs to toured way more extensively.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Why are we blaming Slash? I'm sure the guys decided this together, so Mark could work on a 2nd solo album at the same time.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

And Myles could have easily said NO, so that he could finish his solo album. :)

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

So working on a solo album in "AB time" is cool, but working with Slash isn't?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Exactly, 'cause it's MYLES we're talkin' about, not Slash. ;)

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I'd much rather hear Myles solo album instead of Apocalyptic Love pt. 2.
Thanks Timo!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Myles can do his solo album whenever he wants.. The Slash (ft. Myles, Decay..) project is not gonna last forever..

I'd rather hear Myles' solo album as well, but Apocalyptic Love was a great record, and I feel like the 2nd album will be even better (same thing with Tremonti II).
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

austinjhnsn wrote:I'd much rather hear Myles solo album instead of Apocalyptic Love pt. 2.
Hell yeah, any time.
Timotheus wrote:Myles can do his solo album whenever he wants.. The Slash (ft. Myles, Decay..) project is not gonna last forever..

I'd rather hear Myles' solo album as well, but Apocalyptic Love was a great record, and I feel like the 2nd album will be even better (same thing with Tremonti II).
It's not gonna last forever? I don't know, Slash seems way too content with Myles.

Yeah... But, I hope what you wrote up above will be the truth. :)

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Timotheus wrote:So working on a solo album in "AB time" is cool, but working with Slash isn't?
Slash is the devil, haven't you heard? He's causing so many problems!!!!

Decay

Post by Decay »

He is, it's AB time, Goddamn it! :lol

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

You said that is was cool for Myles to work on his solo album in AB time a few posts ago..
Last edited by Timotheus on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Yeah, so?

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

I think what Timo's saying is that if it's AB time, then why would it be alright for Myles to finish his solo album? I want to hear Myles' solo album as much as the next guy, but it doesn't make sense that some would be fine with him finishing his solo album "on AB time" but not work on the next Slash album.

Decay

Post by Decay »

That'd be fine by me.

'cause I'd prefer Myles' solo album to Slash ft. MK & Co. II any time. Yes, I'd definitely like Myles to work on his solo album, Mark or Flip to work on their projects, on an AB time.

I do not hate Myles' collab with Slash, whatsoever, I love it. But I don't like Slash taking Myles when it's supposed to be AB time, Slash should fuck off for a while, Myles could say NO sometimes, but he's obviously cool with it.

I want AB to tour extensively and promote Fortress as much as they can, both in Europe and in the US.

But, I guess I'll have to get used to this...

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

It seems like Myles deems that Slash is a living legend and it's disrespectful to say 'no' to him. He has always dreamt about writing music/performing with a such rockstar and that's how he fulfills it. It would be great for AB to tour in Asia and South America next year and then return to North America but we still don't know what's happening in January/February.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I just find it kinda ironic. I see a lot of hate for Slash on this board, but at the same time everybody's happy with a new Tremonti record.. I feel like people's taste in music's got a lot to do with it.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

I do not hate Slash, I just don't like the fact that he's done more tours than AB over the past few years.

AB should be their priority, instead we get a new album every 3 years and a lil bit of touring.
Sure, I'm happy about Myles performing with Slash, but dudes, get your priorities straight. At times, everything seems so messed up with these schedules being planned way ahead.

All I wanna hear right now and the next year is the solo record from Myles. That's all I wanna hear, but it seems to me he'll never find a window to release it. Fucking hell! It's been collecting way too much dust.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Timotheus wrote:I just find it kinda ironic. I see a lot of hate for Slash on this board, but at the same time everybody's happy with a new Tremonti record.. I feel like people's taste in music's got a lot to do with it.
right on the point

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Timotheus wrote:I just find it kinda ironic. I see a lot of hate for Slash on this board, but at the same time everybody's happy with a new Tremonti record.. I feel like people's taste in music's got a lot to do with it.
Exactly. The people who liked All I Was would be fine with a new Tremonti album next year, but god forbid Myles and Slash put out a new album. Personally, I didn't like All I Was, but I wouldn't care either way if he put out a new album next year. There's a big time double standard amongst some people here.
Decay wrote:AB should be their priority, instead we get a new album every 3 years and a lil bit of touring.
We would probably still get one album every three years, side projects or no side projects. They've said in interviews many times that they like having that much time in between albums, that's what works for them.
Sure, I'm happy about Myles performing with Slash, but dudes, get your priorities straight. At times, everything seems so messed up with these schedules being planned way ahead.
But that's the thing, they plan it out so that they have time to do everything. They WANT to do all of these different projects and they plan time to do it all. Apparently they're taking some time off in January and will be back out on the road (in two brand new touring locations) in February, and they've all but confirmed a US Spring tour, all of this for AB. Sure the Slash album is being worked on, but Slash himself said it wouldn't be out until probably the end of August.