Tremonti II VIP Listening Party

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: might've been when you started streaking

Post by zazthespaz »

abw1987 wrote:
gbruin wrote:Loved meeting drod and AllC392….
Who is AllC392? Not sure whether we met.
He stopped by after the show for a minute, don't remember if you were with us then or not.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: Tremonti II VIP Listening Party

Post by AllC392Was »

I was in front of wolfgang during the concert. But I was hanging out with Ryan (another member on this board) for most of the night.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: does that make Ryan R2D2?

Post by zazthespaz »

I called him C3PO. He responded :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

abw1987 wrote:I'm sure they'll do a physical release.

I seem to remember them talking about how, after the remaining 10 songs are released month-by-month, they'll put them all out as another physical release. So if they're doing that for the 10 "b-sides", they'll definitely do one for the initial album.
That's a cool idea, wonder how they'll work it in terms of buying the songs, etc. Getting them as free downloads if you pre-order the b-side album would be excellent.
For all of the hope that it brings...

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

You met Zaz and Ryan too?! No idea how I missed you then... lol.
Ubik wrote:That's a cool idea, wonder how they'll work it in terms of buying the songs, etc. Getting them as free downloads if you pre-order the b-side album would be excellent.
I think they mentioned that if you bought all the songs, you'd get the CD at the end.

I guess we'll find out eventually. Lots can change in a short amount of time. Like how the album was originally going to have 12 songs and 8 b-sides, but now it's looking like an even split of 10 and 10.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

He was up front in front of Wolfie...basically where we were last time for the first live Tremonti show.

I didn't meet drod.... :(
Photobucket cash grab.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

abw1987 wrote:I think they mentioned that if you bought all the songs, you'd get the CD at the end.

I guess we'll find out eventually. Lots can change in a short amount of time. Like how the album was originally going to have 12 songs and 8 b-sides, but now it's looking like an even split of 10 and 10.
That would work fine as well. Hopefully not too far away from some solid news on the whole thing.
For all of the hope that it brings...

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

I need more reviews from people that were there! I'm so hyped for this album I'm just scavenging for anything on this album lol. Anything to hold me over until I get to hear these songs. I'm a junkie when it comes to Tremonti/Alter Bridge.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:I need more reviews from people that were there! I'm so hyped for this album I'm just scavenging for anything on this album lol. Anything to hold me over until I get to hear these songs. I'm a junkie when it comes to Tremonti/Alter Bridge.
I can't do a song by song review but heres my input

Tremonti 2

- Wolfie is the MVP of this band. If not now then later to come. What he brings to the table is amazing. With his vocals and Bass abilities their is no limit. He stands out in this record.

- Radical Change,Cauterize,Flying Monkeys will get the most mainstream attention (only my opinion). The chorus to Radical Change has a very catchy hook.. Or maybe that was Cauterize. Which ever one sounded like London Bridge is falling down.

- Plenty of Ballad type stuff on this record. One of the intros to a song is the same acoustic guitar piece that he did in the first Sound and The Story.

- noticed a lot of guitar and vocal affects on this record.

- Record has a Metalica/Southern Rock feel to it

thats all I got for now

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

What I'd love to see from this release is a PledgeMusic campaign.

Do the standard campaign that everybody does, with rewards and all that shit, but set up a standard tier (say for about $20-$25 for physical, $10-$15 for digital) where you get the first album on the release date, then the pre-order comes with one new track a month (or two new tracks a month - whichever) leading up to the final release of the b-sides LP.

It's working flawlessly with a bunch of bands I listen to. Great way to set up an incentivized pre-order, and a great way to distribute content well after the release of the actual LP. Hell, one of the bands I pledged for last APRIL just released a bunch of free songs for everybody who pre-ordered.

Drivenunder4
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Drivenunder4 »

devv88 wrote:What I'd love to see from this release is a PledgeMusic campaign.

Do the standard campaign that everybody does, with rewards and all that shit, but set up a standard tier (say for about $20-$25 for physical, $10-$15 for digital) where you get the first album on the release date, then the pre-order comes with one new track a month (or two new tracks a month - whichever) leading up to the final release of the b-sides LP.

It's working flawlessly with a bunch of bands I listen to. Great way to set up an incentivized pre-order, and a great way to distribute content well after the release of the actual LP. Hell, one of the bands I pledged for last APRIL just released a bunch of free songs for everybody who pre-ordered.
I'd love to see this happen! It'd make sense business wise, if they're worried about making physical copies at all this could show there's still a real demand for it. Plus maybe they could do a limited run of vinyl? :humina

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

That might be somewhat the idea they have with the one b-side per month thing. All we know is they plan to release all 20 songs...and they need to!
Photobucket cash grab.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

abw1987 wrote:I seem to remember them talking about how, after the remaining 10 songs are released month-by-month, they'll put them all out as another physical release.
O rly? So it'll be like Tremonti 2.5? That's cool, I hadn't heard that before. It'll be interesting to see how that is received if they pick the lowest ranking ones from the feedback. Also, are they doing 10/10 or 12/8? I thought this album was going to have a dozen.

Edit: Nevermind, saw your later post. Is there a source for this or just word of mouth?
zazthespaz wrote:I think my main concern was with the solos but reading through other reviews, I think I may not have been listening too close.
I would agree with what you said before when you said none of them originally left your jaw on the floor. When I heard a bunch of the solos in the past, I had to stop the track on the first listen and rewind them a few times. I don't remember that happening this time around, but I still felt the solos are definitely mint and have a unique style about them that seems fresh.
AllC392Was wrote:Which ever one sounded like London Bridge is falling down.
- Record has a [...] Southern Rock feel to it
:wtf

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Troops4Tremonti »

I also like the idea of paying $20-25 for the album that guarantees the b-sides. Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way that will happen. If they are accepting money ahead of time, that would legally bind them to release any or all of the b-sides and would probably require release dates of each one. I remember interviewing Mark and he had a lot of really cool ideas regarding upcoming releases. But, they were just that... Ideas. I'm sure there is a TON of red tape they need to cut through in order for anything to see daylight. Such as the b-sides for One Day Remains. He told me they had all of them mixed and ready to go, and that record is 11 years old! And what about that Tremonti Live DVD or the All I Was tab book? I don't think anyone is slacking off or anything, and, to their credit, they did release the Fortress instructional kit as forecasted. I just wouldn't hold my breath on any ideas that haven't been made official. That way you can never be disappointed :)

Also, I read something about an acoustic intro taken from the first Sound and the Story. That wouldn't be Solace would it???

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Not solace. It's the one after Life must go on

I'm wrong the one after life must go on is A one day remains b side. I think it's the one after solace

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Troops4Tremonti wrote:And what about that Tremonti Live DVD or the All I Was tab book?
You mean this one? Or something else?

https://www.fret12.com/store/product/43161710

The DIsposable Hero
Bought The CDs

Post by The DIsposable Hero »

AllC392Was wrote:Not solace. It's the one after Life must go on

I'm wrong the one after life must go on is A one day remains b side. I think it's the one after solace
So was it this one or this one?
Hey there, I'm the guy who started the Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List. Check it out!

Dakota C. (The Disposable Hero)

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Fish Tacos wrote:
abw1987 wrote:I seem to remember them talking about how, after the remaining 10 songs are released month-by-month, they'll put them all out as another physical release.
O rly? So it'll be like Tremonti 2.5? That's cool, I hadn't heard that before. It'll be interesting to see how that is received if they pick the lowest ranking ones from the feedback. Also, are they doing 10/10 or 12/8? I thought this album was going to have a dozen.

Edit: Nevermind, saw your later post. Is there a source for this or just word of mouth?
I recall at the listening party, after playing the 10th song, the MC said "now we're going to play you some songs that won't be on the album, but you will get to hear later," implying that the latter 10 would be released later. And I think Stijn also confirmed with Mark that it would be 10 and 10.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

abw1987 wrote:I recall at the listening party, after playing the 10th song, the MC said "now we're going to play you some songs that won't be on the album, but you will get to hear later," implying that the latter 10 would be released later. And I think Stijn also confirmed with Mark that it would be 10 and 10.
I'm 99% sure Super Dave referred to track #11 specifically because that's what I wrote down. I'm curious what Cam and Greg heard now.

If he makes it into a two parter I feel like they're going to need some sort of disclaimer like Tremonti II Part 1 or something because 10 tracks on an album is kind of weak sauce IMO and folks might not realize otherwise.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: least ways, I hope

Post by zazthespaz »

Yeah I felt that he meant only track 11 wasn't going to make the cut. There were some songs after 10 which definitely should.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says