Tremonti's second album "Cauterize" June 2015!

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Tremonti's second album "Cauterize" May 2015!

Post by mitch103 »

I love the harmonies by wolfie and erock.. thats what makes the chorus for me i think. It just takes it to a whole new level

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Mark doesn't have the voice to make everything sound good to me. Myles can sing Happy Birthday, and it'll still sound amazing. That means Mark has to compensate by his songwriting, and that chorus is absolutely incredible. Better than anything on All I Was.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

Timotheus wrote:Mark doesn't have the voice to make everything sound good to me. Myles can sing Happy Birthday, and it'll still sound amazing. That means Mark has to compensate by his songwriting, and that chorus is absolutely incredible. Better than anything on All I Was.
I wouldn't go that far about that chorus. It's good, but it isn't better than every song on AIW.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

^^ Think Timo meant vocally

Dat chorus doe!!

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

Anyone else think that releasing the album after the tour is over is a mistake? Selling CD's at concerts is a great way to make money, so not sure what they're thinking with that.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I was under the impression they uploaded Fortress a week before on YouTube so that fans would get a chance to know the new songs @ HoB (the tour started right away didn't it?). Hearing a song live for the first time wouldn't be my first choice. He could be trying something new to go Gold again...
Last edited by Fish Tacos on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

pokefan_4 wrote:
Timotheus wrote:Mark doesn't have the voice to make everything sound good to me. Myles can sing Happy Birthday, and it'll still sound amazing. That means Mark has to compensate by his songwriting, and that chorus is absolutely incredible. Better than anything on All I Was.
I wouldn't go that far about that chorus. It's good, but it isn't better than every song on AIW.
Well, I like it better than every chorus on All I Was. And besides the intro and verses of Brains, I think it's the only thing from the Tremonti project that has really impressed me.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

The Sympathy preview is still the most impressive to me. Just really didn't expect him to be able to sing like that. Sympathy is just majestic and proud sounding to me.

TREMONSTER
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TREMONSTER »

JSlade wrote:Anyone else think that releasing the album after the tour is over is a mistake? Selling CD's at concerts is a great way to make money, so not sure what they're thinking with that.
I was just thinking that. Plus it seems DJ's will be more apt to promote the band's live show if they can actually spin their new single. For instance, release the single before the tour so the DJ's can actually play it and say something like "This is the new single from Tremonti, they will be playing at the House of Blues tonight, so if you dig it go see them live and in person!".

I'm scratching my head at this "industry standard" stuff :headscratch lol
*Courtesy of Alter Bridge Bangladesh Facebook

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Again, the single will be out in April, which is what they want, so the rock radio DJs can still do all of that stuff promoting it and build hype for the album. Just the album won't be out until whenever after the US tour.

TREMONSTER
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TREMONSTER »

You're right, for some reason I thought the tour started earlier than that. So yeah, that works. Still would be nice to be able to buy the album at the actual show though.
*Courtesy of Alter Bridge Bangladesh Facebook

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Meep, don't weep

Post by Timotheus »

Oh wow, so they'll do an entire tour before the album even gets released? I completely missed that. That's kinda strange indeed.

Oh well, at least we'll have some live songs so the wait is less hard.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

So the album is getting released right around the time of the European festivals, but after the first leg of their tour... Shouldn't be too bad.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

The further they push it out, the more value I get from having gone to the listening party and the longer I can hold it over the peasants :shifty

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Tim said there will be a full tour in the fall across the US and Europe. So this is more of a warmup run to get the hype going.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Hopefully the hype doesn't fall flat on its face. YAY ANALOGIES!

He'll do fine on both the pre-album tour and on sales. Fans are just going to be disappointed in the longer wait.

I'm not putting too much stock in the idea that it will increase sales, but you never know.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Fish Tacos wrote: I'm not putting too much stock in the idea that it will increase sales, but you never know.
You never know, indeed, but this album will most likely not going to have the 1st weeks sales that Fortress did (at 30k). However, hopefully, Cauterize can get just as much attention in terms of hype that Fortress did and maybe, Tremonti can run away with it and can have a lot of ears on them when the album is available to be listened to.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Concerning when we might see the album art, I asked Mike:

Michael Tremonti
@TremontiMichael

"@laforzadimente No word and I have not seen it"

:(

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

83 days 15 hours and 14 minutes until Cauterize! :dance :rockon :peace :headbang

I totally need to have a countdown clock on my computer. Or would keeping track of the days make it go by slower? :headscratch

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Here you go Shea, your new homepage: http://tinyurl.com/p57yfna

Yours should really be 14 days longer though as the release date is 2 weeks later in Canada.