Another Tremonti Album??? Really ???

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
jripper420

Another Tremonti Album??? Really ???

Post by jripper420 »

I love Tremonti's ability to play in Creed as well as Alter Bridge. I really didn't care for the Tremonti CD that came out last. Why is he set on singing when he really can't? I mean every song on the last Tremonti CD sounded cool musically but lets be honest, every song was autotuned and distorted so his voice sounded average. I don't understand his obsession with it. Had he hired another singer or brought in another vocalist from another band it would have been better. Alter Bridge and Creed are great with lyrics, Guitar and Vocals..Tremonti, not so much. If mark really wanted a challenge he'd work on writing a real creed CD instead of wasting time and effort on a CD that will only sell about 30,000 copies..Its a complete waste of his talents. Fortress was amazing, but unlike Tremonti Myles made the album with his vocals. If Mark put the same effort into creed as he did his own band that'd be a start..Also, enough with the Wolfgang Van Halen thing. Hes not his father and really has no business being in his band. Its just corny IMO...That is all....

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: I'm bias like that, but it's natural in forums like this

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't know. I found his vocals on Waters Rising to be pretty good and a nice contrast and change-up to Myles' voice.

I'm excited for this album and a good amount of people here are, and that it will set out what it will set out. It's bound to be a nice contrast to the AB and Creed albums, but still have those elements that he is known for, albeit a little more heavier and with him as the vocals (which are pretty good, at times) whether you agree or not.

As for Wolfgang, he's a good guy and all of that. His father and uncle are great musicians. It's just natural that he wanted to be a part of that as well and that it works for him. Mark just didn't pick Wolfie just because they are good buddies and all of that. It's because Mark believes that Wolfie A. fit well with the band and B. is a decent musician, in his own right, with a lot of room to grow.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: Another Tremonti Album??? Really ???

Post by AllC392Was »

jripper420 wrote:I love Tremonti's ability to play in Creed as well as Alter Bridge. I really didn't care for the Tremonti CD that came out last. Why is he set on singing when he really can't? I mean every song on the last Tremonti CD sounded cool musically but lets be honest, every song was autotuned and distorted so his voice sounded average. I don't understand his obsession with it. Had he hired another singer or brought in another vocalist from another band it would have been better. Alter Bridge and Creed are great with lyrics, Guitar and Vocals..Tremonti, not so much. If mark really wanted a challenge he'd work on writing a real creed CD instead of wasting time and effort on a CD that will only sell about 30,000 copies..Its a complete waste of his talents. Fortress was amazing, but unlike Tremonti Myles made the album with his vocals. If Mark put the same effort into creed as he did his own band that'd be a start..Also, enough with the Wolfgang Van Halen thing. Hes not his father and really has no business being in his band. Its just corny IMO...That is all....
- Sorry you feel that way. I love the "Tremonti" sound and I think his guitar tone works really well with his vocals.
- Myles didn't make the album with his vocals. It was the band as a whole that made the record and what it became. Without Mark Fortress would be a shit stain.
- Not about how many copies they sell. Its about the Rock N Roll \m/.
- Wolfgang is a pretty good bass player and has some really good vocals. I think he is going to add a serious element to the next Tremonti record
- I really like his old school Creed sound and maybe we could see some of that in Tremonti 2

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Also, enough with the Wolfgang Van Halen thing. Hes not his father and really has no business being in his band. Its just corny IMO...That is all....
Lol, who are you to say that Wolfie has no business being in Mark's band?

His heart is clearly in this band and not in Creed. To me, that's reason enough to record another Tremonti album. I'm not a huge fan of his voice either, but clearly people are enjoying it, so that's our loss I guess?
Last edited by Timotheus on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Wolfie is very talented. Also gives the band good publicity.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Can we move this to the Tremonti 2 thread, mods? I feel like this guy is attention-seeking.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I haven't ever heard of anyone saying his vocals are bad. Most of my friends actually think that his voice sounds great in Waters Rising. This thread doesn't sound as much of a critique of Tremonti. It sounds like you are bashing him because of Stapp's recent interview.

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

We need a separate sub-forum titled "bitching/crying/trolling/attention seeking" for people to get things off their chests that nobody else cares about without bothering everyone else. Also it wouldn't hurt to have another Creed sub-forum titled: "For those of us who just can't let go"
Last edited by mitch103 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

:shrug I'm not a fan of Mark's vocals personally, but I wouldn't go as far to say that he can't sing. Sure he can.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

jripper420 wrote: that will only sell about 30,000 copies..
Well, supposedly Mark is not all about making money from music. You should take that into account.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

mitch103 wrote:We need a separate sub-forum titled "bitching/crying/trolling/attention seeking" for people to get things off their chests that nobody else cares about without bothering everyone else. Also it wouldn't hurt to have another Creed sub-forum titled: "For those of us who just can't let go"
:yeahthat Not trying to sound like a racist, but some people need to just let it happen.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Agree with what you said about making a new Creed record. But that would likely put Creed back to bigger than Alter Bridge which is a no no. He got enough money from the reunion to be set for a good while. Money isn't priority.
the rest is bunk. Tremonti has a good voice and hes improving. His vocals on Fortress are much more advanced than the All I Was vocals (that being said, All I Was is my favorote album ever)

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

This is all I'm gonna say in this thread, because really it shouldn't have been made in the first place and just comes off as whiny. If you don't wanna hear another Tremonti record, don't buy it. Simple as that. But don't complain and ruin it for everyone else who is looking forward to it.

On to the whole "his voice was auto-tuned" thing..Personally, I don't really hear it. If you watch live videos as the tour progressed, you could hear his vocals were pretty damn close to studio version if you ask me.

And regardless of whether or not Creed comes out with a "real CD" as you say, if they ever do at all, I highly doubt it will sell more than 30,000 anyways. Creed's best days are behind them and their popularity, as well as the music business, is nowhere near what it was 10 years ago.

As for your points "unlike Tremonti Myles made the album with his vocals" and your bashing of Wolfgang, I honestly have no idea how to respond to them. Seems like complete ignorance to me, but what do I know?

"That's all I have to say that about that"
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Full Circle sold 110,000 copies in the first week.....

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

austin. wrote:Full Circle sold 110,000 copies in the first week.....
Which was back in 09. Things are different now compared to then too
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Mp3s and Internet piracy was just as big back then.
Not gunna derail thread, sorry.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

There's still a bunch of fans who are faithful to Creed and I understand that, but I wouldn't want to make an album unless my whole heart was in it. If Mark's heart is more into his solo project than into Creed, then that's his decision and we should accept it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Yeah, exactly ^^

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Yeah, I personally don't want another Full Circle, if they've grown musically to not make another album on par with the first 3, ill pass.
I'm very excited for Tremonti II if he keeps melody the top priority.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

The Creednation forums are looking for new members.. Maybe you could get over there.