Another Tremonti Album??? Really ???

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Another Tremonti Album??? Really ???

Post by Timotheus »

Originally Mark planned to just throw the songs online. I think the project is a lot more succesful than Mark originally thought it would be.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

When your debut album gets around a 9/10 rating on about every rock site, you're doing something right.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

gonzo67
Brand New Start

Post by gonzo67 »

I enjoyed and still enjoy the 1st Tremonti "album". I also caught the show in Phoenix and had a great time.
I don't expect another Creed CD/tour until the piggy bank needs some filling. The freedom to build AlterBridge and take time to explore the Tremonti side of his music is from Creed.

While Alterbridge is making some money on their great music and touring overseas, the money isn't rolling in. Probably part of the reason Myles is working with Slash. Everybody needs to make a living.

For me great music is great music - Creed, AlterBridge, Slash & Myles, Tremonti. You don't have to hate to like something else.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

The OP and chtimixeur are mental. Tremonti made a really good album that just happened to have a few too many vocal overdubs on it, clearly because Mark was a little nervous about his voice.

If you've been to one of the Tremonti live shows you'll know this band is not a waste of time. It was better than the past 3 times I've been to see AB. There was an energy and exuberance to this band that I haven't seen in AB since the Blackbird days.

I can't wait for Tremonti II. I'll be front row at their next London gig. Where else am I gonna be able to see my favourite guitarist in such a small venue? I hope they don't make it huge. Stay a great metal band that's just doin it for the music and fun.

And Garret Whitlock.... no personality behind the drums??? Errr whut? He's amazingly good. I mean damn listen to Brains. It's main riff is pulverising and has such groove.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Crumbso wrote:If you've been to one of the Tremonti live shows you'll know this band is not a waste of time. It was better than the past 3 times I've been to see AB. There was an energy and exuberance to this band that I haven't seen in AB since the Blackbird days.
I wanted to pull this out because I think this is part of what makes the band so good. It's a side project for Mark, but Garrett and Erock don't really have a staple band right now. I think those two pour a lot into this project, and they play like they have something to prove live. And Mark being a font man for the first time has something to prove as well. I think the freshness of the project helps make it good.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Marks live vocals need work. Being front row dead center nose symmetrical with his mic, I could hear his straight voice. Its rough. But the Nashville show was late in the tour. He doesn't really "sing"
that being said that show was easily my favorite concert ever, better than seeing Creed twice in front of 18,000 people.
The energy and passion the band has is unreal. Its just raw garage type music. I really dig the Tremonti Project.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Listening to the first chapter of tue project at the moment. Totally stoked for the next chapter to be unleashed. As much as some may think it isnt marks best work (Fortress is IMO), its still a super badass album.
Thanks Timo!

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Alter Bridge* not Alterbridge

I loved seeing Tremonti live! Their is an amazing feel to that band. Garret is such a good drummer! I know Scott and Garret have different styles but I would already classify Garret as more talented. Erock compliments Mark very well with his guitar style and vocals. Wolfie is a talented bassist but I haven't seen anything eye popping yet. Maybe in this next album we will hear more of his talents. Plus both are good singers

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I couldn't hear Wolfgangs bass at all in Nashville..
But yeah Garret is a beast. His drumming really is perfect for the Tremonti band.

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

Gonna throw my two cents in here...

Mark's voice: Too many overdubs on the album, and the dude screams most of his solo stuff live. However, his live singing on Waters Rising is fucking awesome. The dude can sing, and has been able to since MOP. I would like for Mark to practice singing his solo stuff. He said no cookie monster vocals, but he sure does scream a lot live.

Erock: I know it's Mark's project, but it wish Eric would get some time in the spotlight. The guy is a tremendous guitar player.

Wolfie: (Unpopular opinion incoming) Fuck that guy. I don't know what he adds to the band, other than obnoxious live vocals. Eric should be the one backing up Mark all the time, not Wolfie. I know he plays the bass for the band, but he seriously needs to shut his mouth onstage.

Garrett: This guy is just awesome. There's nothing else to say.

With all that out of the way, I'm seriously excited for Tremonti II.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Damn you all, let Mark do what he wants to do, It is well-deserved, really. And I do not think he is looking forward to filling the stadiums.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

JSlade wrote:Wolfie: (Unpopular opinion incoming) Fuck that guy. I don't know what he adds to the band, other than obnoxious live vocals. Eric should be the one backing up Mark all the time, not Wolfie. I know he plays the bass for the band, but he seriously needs to shut his mouth onstage.
I like his backings a lot better than Erock's. Really excited about that on Tremonti II.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Yeah, I really wish he'd recorded on All That I Got. Awesome live.
For all of the hope that it brings...

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

he did record it.. wasn't on the record. AWESOME live

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Wolfie sounds like a pre puberty Erock.
His voice is way too high and kid sounding.
Nice guy though, real friendly.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

AllC392Was wrote:he did record it.. wasn't on the record. AWESOME live
I meant Wolfie. I don't like Erock's backing vocals on the recorded version at all.
For all of the hope that it brings...

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

austin. wrote:Wolfie sounds like a pre puberty Erock.
His voice is way too high and kid sounding.
Nice guy though, real friendly.
Fucking thank you. Someone with some sense lol.
The tenor backed with a baritone works with AB, but vice versa does not sound good in Tremonti's case.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I think Erock's got such a thin and high pitched voice.. It often sounds like he's straining it. Wolfie's got a much fuller voice. I think that works a lot better with Mark's voice.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Andy92 wrote:When your debut album gets around a 9/10 rating on about every rock site, you're doing something right.
As if critics mattered these days...

To be honest with you guys, I had forgotten about this thread.
I'm not surprised by some answers though.
If you guys really think this band is worth your time and money, good for you.
Personnally, I think this band's music sounds off for many reasons, mainly because the concept of metal riffs + cheesy/poppy choruses doesn't work. It never has, and it never will.

Maybe you guys dig it because you're younger than me and Mark Tremonti is your guitar idol.
Maybe you listen to too much modern rock and can't tell the difference between good original rock/metal and generic stuff that's all over radio.
I don't know, but if you guys genuinely think this project is awesome, well, I can't do anything for you guys : we just won't be able to agree on anything.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

chtimixeur wrote: Maybe you guys dig it because you're younger than me and Mark Tremonti is your guitar idol.
Maybe you listen to too much modern rock and can't tell the difference between good original rock/metal and generic stuff that's all over radio.
I don't know, but if you guys genuinely think this project is awesome, well, I can't do anything for you guys : we just won't be able to agree on anything.
Well, I happen to listen to both, as you call it, "modern generic radio rock" (Tremonti, Staind, Evanescence, Stone Sour, Skillet, Disturbed etc.) and "good original rock/metal" (mainly progressive rock/metal bands that are not quite popular) and I still don't know what's wrong with Mark making another solo album. And what in the hell is wrong when Tremonti is someone's guitar idol?!
Of course, AB should be the main priority but it's good that Mark gets involved in something decent while Myles is working with Slash.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp