Another Tremonti Album??? Really ???

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
RuRo
Loyal Follower

Re: Another Tremonti Album??? Really ???

Post by RuRo »

We already have a thread saying a new Tremonti album is coming. Do we really need a thread specifically for one guy's incredibly insightful thought of "Another Tremonti album? Really?"
Last edited by RuRo on Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

RuRo wrote:We already have a thread saying a new Tremonti album is coming. Do we really need a specifically for one guy's incredibly insightful thought of "Another Tremonti album? Really?"
Exactly. There's no point.
Thanks Timo!

Ariana
Bought The CDs

Post by Ariana »

jripper420 wrote: Why is he set on singing when he really can't?
I can't believe anyone could seriously claim that. Mark's voice is great and he sounded excellent on All I Was. Maybe he needs to work on his vocals live but I'm sure this will happen in time. We all saw he kept getting better and better singing Waters Rising, as the tour progressed.

Another Tremonti album? Bring it on, I say!

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Mark's voice isn't great by any means.
It's generic and boring.
And live, he keeps shouting the lyrics instead of actually singing.
He'll never be a frontman : he just doesn't have the natural charisma and stage presence to do so.
Now, I understand Mark's fanboys won't agree with that, but don't be surprised when Tremonti II flops and the venues are half-filled.

IMHO, this solo project is a waste of a time, but that's no surprise when you're looking at the band line-up. Erock has no talent as a songwriter, and he's just there because of his friendship with Mark. Has the dude ever written a good song on his own ? No !
Wolfie just happens to be called Van Halen, but that doesn't mean he's any good.
And Garrett Whitlock is just your generic rock drummer with no personality whatsoever behind the kit.

This post may seem harsh, but these guys just don't have what it takes to make it big. This project has been doomed from the start.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

His live voice has improved, you gotta give him that. He doesnt quite scream the lyrics live, but that might be because he only has one full song to sing leads for, Waters.
Thanks Timo!

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

chtimixeur wrote:Mark's voice isn't great by any means.
It's generic and boring.
He'll never be a frontman : he just doesn't have the natural charisma and stage presence to do so.
Now, I understand Mark's fanboys won't agree with that, but don't be surprised when Tremonti II flops and the venues are half-filled.

IMHO, this solo project is a waste of a time, but that's no surprise when you're looking at the band line-up. Erock has no talent as a songwriter, and he's just there because of his friendship with Mark. Has the dude ever written a good song on his own ? No !
Wolfie just happens to be called Van Halen, but that doesn't mean he's any good.
And Garrett Whitlock is just your generic rock drummer with no personality whatsoever behind the kit.

This post may seem harsh, but these guys just don't have what it takes to make it big. This project has been doomed from the start.
Apparently the term side project seems to have gone over people's heads.

Don't have what it takes to be big? Doomed from the start? Vocals are generic and boring? Who cares?!?!? IT'S A SIDE PROJECT. SIDE. PROJECT. As in, something you are doing aside from your main objective/job. Meaning, it's never meant to make them big or highly successful. It's an avenue for Mark to get the songs out that are just sitting around, or new ones he writes, that don't fit Alter Bridge (or Creed...if there still is a Creed in the future). Mark has said this himself numerous times.

I guess the non-fanboys just don't get it.
Photobucket cash grab.

Decay

Post by Decay »

It's generic and boring.

No, just no.

There's no denying you are so wrong.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The bear is awoken now!!!

Post by anguyen92 »

Ryan wrote:
It's generic and boring.

Apparently the term side project seems to have gone over people's heads.

Don't have what it takes to be big? Doomed from the start? Vocals are generic and boring? Who cares?!?!? IT'S A SIDE PROJECT. SIDE. PROJECT. As in, something you are doing aside from your main objective/job. Meaning, it's never meant to make them big or highly successful. It's an avenue for Mark to get the songs out that are just sitting around, or new ones he writes, that don't fit Alter Bridge (or Creed...if there still is a Creed in the future). Mark has said this himself numerous times.

I guess the non-fanboys just don't get it.
:yeahthat .

The fact of the matter is that, eventually in 8 months or so, Myles might go back touring with Slash and Mark wants to do something during that time period. You guys want Creed back at a peak you can appreciate, and that's cool and all but it's not going to happen at this time, sadly.

On the other hand, Mark might have some new songs that has elements and tones that some (if not most) of us here actually like. If you don't want to support it, that's fine. Just back off is all I'm saying.

In before some sort of comment about being a fanboy and getting my head out of my ass or something like that.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Regarding chtimixeur's feelings towards Tremonti, his band-mates and All I Was - don't take the bait, guys and girls. This guy loves Scott Stapp's newest album. So, yeah... :lol

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ I don't care about taking bait or not. If his intention is to troll the living hell out of us, I'm playing it through then.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I liked your post better before you edited it, Kev.

About Wolfie.. Sure, he's not his father, but how's that an argument? He's a great bassist on his own.. I prefer him over Brian in Tremonti to be honest and I'm sure he'll be able to add something new to the second album.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Whoop, I said something like that. Oh well.

Post by anguyen92 »

I just didn't want to say, "I'm sick of the various crap that's going on, atm." or something like that. It seems a bit too rude.

About Wolfie, even Michael Anthony give good praises to him where he didn't even need to say something like that.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/michael- ... van-halen/
Last edited by anguyen92 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

It was the "making a stand" part that I loved!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Oh. Well, I edited that because I just don't have the heart and the commitment and follow through on my words like that.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I love this band. I think everyone in it is very skilled and talented.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

I've got to disagree with the Whitlock criticism. He made the album worth listening to, for me. I think he's an awesome drummer.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Whitlock and Tremonti make a good team

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:I've got to disagree with the Whitlock criticism. He made the album worth listening to, for me. I think he's an awesome drummer.
Agreed. He was a force behind the kit on that album.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

HappyHogJens
White Knuckled

Post by HappyHogJens »

It's generic and boring.

This post is wrong in every way possible. Let me take the bait and go ahead.
  • I can't see Mark's voice as generic. It has a tone to it I cannot compare to any other rock singer
    "Boring" is subjective. Please say "In my opinion his voice is boring" in the future.
    Don't get me started with the amount Myles' shouts out lyrics instead of singing it compared to Mark doing that. Myles will easily quintuple the amount of times that Mark shouts out things.
    Mark has never had experienced being a frontman up until his All I Was tour. No bands are stage animals from day one...
    It's not a waste of time, because the band enjoys it and lots of people enjoy it too. Your opinion is not superior to another's.
    Maybe Erock doesn't write songs because it's MARK'S SOLO PROJECT. You don't know about Erock's song writing skills. Submersed made good songs and Erock probably wrote big parts of those songs. What's wrong with being in a band with a friend by the way?
    Wolfie's last name does not mean he's good, it doesn't at all. What does mean he's good are his talent and his skills. He's a skilled bassist and vocalist. Clearly you have not listened to Wolfie at all.
    What the hell is a "personality behind the kit"? Just because Garrett's bashing things doesn't mean he has no personality? Every musician has his/her own style, and I, as a drummer, can certainly recognize his style.
Your vision on the band, band members and their musical skill is, in my opinion, too shallow and close-minded.

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

I don't think Tremonti is doing a solo album to try to "make it big"... why should that be the standard of whether something is worthwhile or not? I don't for a second think Mark Tremonti did a solo project while in an ongoing successful band with the hope that it would "make it big" and he could leave his successful band behind. In fact, I doubt anyone in a band does that... the only people that really hope to "make it big" with their solo project are people who no longer have a successful band and try (and usually fail) to recapture the level of success of their band.

I think Mark Tremonti was fairly surprised the solo album was as successful as it was and that he was able to play so many shows. And I think he will easily be able to continue doing so. Maybe when you say "half empty shows" you're imagining he will for some reason trying to book arenas like Creed in the past. The fact is I think that anywhere there's a strong Alter Bridge fanbase, there will be a certain percentage of Alter Bridge show attendees that will also go to a Tremonti show in the same area. Getting to put out an album of music he wants to write but doesn't want to put out in Alter Bridge, with a good band that he likes playing with, and having a good amount of fans come to see the guys play live is probably exactly what Tremonti wants out of the project, and that's what he is getting, so it is the opposite of "doomed".