Tremonti's second album "Cauterize" June 2015!

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: no really. Suck it bitches.

Post by zazthespaz »

Micky wrote:Got my copy in the mail today. I absolutely love this album so far.
Me too! Love that it came a day early, needed it today! Haven't listened yet, just came to brag :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

mockingbird
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Tremonti's second album "Cauterize" June 2015!

Post by mockingbird »

I must say I like the new solos. For example, the ones on Providence are very soulful and melodic. I hear they're trying new things, which is good, but sometimes it was trying to fix something that ain't broke. I have a feeling this album will take quite a bit to grow on me. I hope Dust will be a bit better....
For me:
1. Cauterize
2. Providence
3. Flying Monkeys (can't get over this name)
4. Another Heart
5. Radical Change (the chorus melody sounds so familiar...)
6. Dark Trip
7. Arm Yourself
8. Tie The Noose (also a weird name but I kinda like it)
9. Fall Again
Sympathy is out of this list for me, in my very honest opinion, it's straight up horrible.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Anybody else notice that some of the lower notes in the solos and the wammy bar grinds (forget the proper term) get drowned out?

jhart9896
Brand New Start

Post by jhart9896 »

Got my copy in the mail today and already listened to it straight through. Absolutely amazing!! Will post a full review later on the album review thread

Some_Dude
Brand New Start

Post by Some_Dude »

Anyone else get a misprinted copy? The one I got in the mail misspelled Flying Monkeys and is spelled like "Flying Monkies".

Trelose
Loyal Follower

Post by Trelose »

Is anyone else unable to download the album through Amazon Prime? >.< Frustrating, 'cause I have a long drive today and won't be able to listen without it till about 7 PM (CST) today.
I wanna rise today... And change this world...

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Yeah, it looks like they didn't enable the "AutoRip" for this album on Amazon, at least not yet. Disappointed because I wanted to listen to it on the way to work, but at least I got the new Muse CD yesterday to tide me over until I get the physical CD when I get home today.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I've ripped it twice so far from amazon, on my phone though I had to update the app before it showed.
For all of the hope that it brings...

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Just a friendly reminder guys... PLEASE keep links to illegal streams, downloads, & requests OFF of the forum. I've already had to warn a few people.. so just a heads up. You guys should know the rules by now! :)

snowman
Bought The CDs

Post by snowman »

I've got to say, I'm loving this album! The one thing that keeps sticking out in my mind so far is that every song has some amazing vocal melodies going on! It seems like in a lot of interviews I've seen with Mark lately, he's been talking more about songwriting rather than guitar playing, and I think this album just shows that focus. There aren't a ton of guitar solos like in All I Was, but I don't feel like I'm missing out at all. To me, it kind of feels like these songs are less "pieced together" compared to AIW and they all flow really, really well. Guess that's just showing the progression and growth of the band. And I'm not bashing on AIW at all, since that's an amazing album as well.

Oh...and the end of Cauterize...holy crap that was awesome!

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

snowman wrote:I've got to say, I'm loving this album! The one thing that keeps sticking out in my mind so far is that every song has some amazing vocal melodies going on! It seems like in a lot of interviews I've seen with Mark lately, he's been talking more about songwriting rather than guitar playing, and I think this album just shows that focus. There aren't a ton of guitar solos like in All I Was, but I don't feel like I'm missing out at all. To me, it kind of feels like these songs are less "pieced together" compared to AIW and they all flow really, really well. Guess that's just showing the progression and growth of the band. And I'm not bashing on AIW at all, since that's an amazing album as well.

Oh...and the end of Cauterize...holy crap that was awesome!
I agree 100%. I do think that the Providence Bridge doesn't fit much... That's the only "pieced together" song I am hearing... and based off of interviews, it was pieced together on the last day of production.

The bridge in Arm Yourself is amazing... the solo in Dark Trip is the best on the record.

Sympathy still is the best song on this CD... it's powerful

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Some_Dude wrote:Image
Anyone else get a misprinted copy? The one I got in the mail misspelled Flying Monkeys and is spelled like "Flying Monkies".
:facepalm How do you fail that much on printing a song title? :lol

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Photoshopped.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I guess Flying Monkey is about flying monks then.

luke62
White Knuckled

Post by luke62 »

I got my copy yesterday afternoon. I'm trying something different by slowly digesting each song instead of listening to them all at once. Much better. I really like "Tie the Noose" a lot.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

luke62 wrote:I got my copy yesterday afternoon. I'm trying something different by slowly digesting each song instead of listening to them all at once. Much better. I really like "Tie the Noose" a lot.
I like that. It's what I'm trying to do. There was the first listen when I went through it all in one sitting but now I'm just devoting days to specific songs. Today is all about 'Providence' :)

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

luke62 wrote:I got my copy yesterday afternoon. I'm trying something different by slowly digesting each song instead of listening to them all at once. Much better. I really like "Tie the Noose" a lot.
just had a chance to put the CD on in my car to really get some "umph" out of it.... Tie the Noose is really the "stand out" track for me on really hitting heavy and jamming.... Arm Yourself-ish... but Tie the Noose is just strait up a power song.. It's bad ass with a hooky chorus.

TREMONSTER
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TREMONSTER »

Does anyone have a high-res version of the picture seen at 0:38 of the video below?

It's such a sick picture and would love to have it as my wallpaper background!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/tue7tzMTZYw[/youtube]
*Courtesy of Alter Bridge Bangladesh Facebook

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

TREMONSTER wrote:Does anyone have a high-res version of the picture seen at 0:38 of the video below?

It's such a sick picture and would love to have it as my wallpaper background!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/tue7tzMTZYw[/youtube]
it's the center fold in the album booklet

I saw a pic of a dude on FB that had a shirt with that photo on it..... not sure where he got it

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: thus the (American) photoshop king

Post by zazthespaz »

JaredWard wrote:Photoshopped.
Hahaha! He's right!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says