Mark to appear again on That Metal Show

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
abw1987
Blood Machines

Mark to appear again on That Metal Show

Post by abw1987 »

I hadn't seen this posted anywhere yet, but it looks like Mark is going to appear on this season of That Metal Show.
Season 14 will continue to mark the return of some notable faces in hard rock/heavy metal, and contain a large group of first timers as well. Some Season 14 guests will include “That Metal Show” alumni Mark Tremonti of Tremonti/Alter Bridge, Chris Jericho, Kerry King of Slayer, Zakk Wylde, Kirk Hammett, Michael Schenker, Ace Frehley, and Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot. This season also marks first-time appearances for Taylor Momsen of The Pretty Reckless, Max Cavalera of Soulfly, Mark Farner of Grand Funk Railroad, and Andy Biersack of Black Veil Brides. Lzzy Hale of Halestorm, who joined us last year on the ‘Metal Modem’ is going to make her first appearance as a guest on the show. More guest confirmations will be announced at a later date.
http://www.iconvsicon.com/2015/03/19/th ... s-episode/

I can't find any dates, but I'll keep my eye out.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: Mark to appear again on That Metal Show

Post by AllC392Was »

3rd time appearing on that show. 2nd time with his solo band if I'm not mistaken. Anybody happen to know the link to his first appearance?

nevermind

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Wow, you're right. This is the third time. He appeared alone on season 11 with King Diamond, and with Myles Kennedy on season 11.

Here are the playback links: Looks like the episode with Slash & Myles was from back in season 6, which unfortunately isn't available online any more, although you can find the odd clip on YouTube.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Hope we get another one of these

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, this Saturday is when he will make his appearance.

I hope the other guest is someone I knew that I did not expect. I was really quite surprised to find out that Matt Nathanson (a musician that I like) was the other guest during the show that Mark and Myles was on.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Nice find!

According to this, the other guest will be Taylor Momsen from The Pretty Reckless:
http://eddietrunk.com/324-this-weeks-th ... sister-aj/

They're taping today. Should be a good episode.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

That Metal Show

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

I know it just started, but anything good happen? I went to tune in, only to find out I only have VH1 and not VH1 Classic :slam

nagpo
On The Rail

Re: That Metal Show

Post by nagpo »

maybe it'll be on a website soon

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

So let's be honest, who would buy Tremonti soap?

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

If that's a quote from the show, I'm definitely going to have to watch it later :lol

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

holy crap! I never know that AB almost cancelled a show because of a death threat! Taylor was talking about stalkers and Eddie asked Mark if he ever had stalker issues. Mark didn't say where or when, but said that AB almost cancelled a show because of a death threat. damn.....

edit: the soap thing.... :lol

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

remember it's not safe for puppies

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

omg.... if someone drank every time they made a Tremonti soap reference they'd be wasted by the end of the show. :lol

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Yeah, you know a joke is stuck once the audience start referencing it. I wish Eddie would've asked about Dust.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Just merged the two TMS threads.

Luckily Comcast upgraded my cable package when I threatened to switch to FIOS, so now for the first time I actually have VH1 Classic!

TMS is such a low-budget show, I feel like I'm watching some real-world version of Wayne's World. It's great. And none of the guys are that good in front of a camera, so that makes it OK that most guests are awkward conversationalists as well. You could tell Mark came out a little nervous, but overall he did as well as anyone else.

Man, they really beat that Tremonti Soap joke to death. Imagine a bell curve where the x axis represents the duration of the show, and the y axis represents the funniness of the joke. I bet Mark is right -- some rabid fan is definitely going to make Tremonti Soap.

My favorite part was when the guys joked that Mark should get Michael Anthony to fill in for Wolfgang on the upcoming Tremonti tour. :lol

I don't think I had never heard about Alter Bridge almost cancelling a show due to a terror threat either... that's crazy.

The only other interesting tidbit was that the whole rumor of Mark starting a band with Jamey Jasta was just that -- a rumor. So that puts the whole Downshifter thing to bed once and for all.

Other than that, no new info really. They rehashed a few stories we already knew, like when he watched Van Halen play ADKOT in 5150 studios, and how EVH watched him warm up before a show.

I was surprised they didn't spend more time discussing Mark's new album, since I'm sure he went on the show to promote it. They didn't show the album art or anything. (I know it hadn't been released on Tuesday, but it had been by airtime.)

Also, did anyone catch this That After Show clip online? http://www.vh1.com/music/tuner/2015-03- ... ed-sister/
No new info there really, although Tremonti does say "never say never" regarding Creed.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

abw1987 wrote:No new info there really, although Tremonti does say "never say never" regarding Creed.
Yeah, I think Mark's learned his lesson on that one :lol

Thanks for the summary!
For all of the hope that it brings...

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

uctalum01 wrote:omg.... if someone drank every time they made a Tremonti soap reference they'd be wasted by the end of the show. :lol
Lol. My wife and I played a drinking game during the show. The rules were "drink whenever something is awkward." Needless to say, our beverages didn't last long.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Mark himself mentioned downshifter back in the day though.
Photobucket cash grab.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Ryan wrote:Mark himself mentioned downshifter back in the day though.
Interesting. So, did he mention Downshifter, and then around the same time he mentioned that he'd like to work with Jamey Jasta sometime, and then people jumped to the conclusion that the two ideas were connected? Or did he actually mention Jamey as being part of Downshifter?

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I don't really recall how it all went down, but he talked about a side project, Downshifter, and lots of fans got excited. People mentioned a bunch of names so Mark must've brought a few of them up.
Photobucket cash grab.