Octane

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
TTournier
White Knuckled

Octane

Post by TTournier »

Hello all!

Now is the time we need to ask everyone to start requesting the new Tremonti single "Another Heart" at octane.

Lend a hand and spread the word?

Call, Tweet, FB, send smoke signals. :)

Octane -
888-3-OCTANE
Octane@siriusxm.com
https://twitter.com/SXMOctane
https://www.facebook.com/siriusxmoctane

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Octane

Post by Troops4Tremonti »

Just requested it! Tell yo friends!!!

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Requested via Tweet but I can't listen at work so I'm not sure if tweeting works. Tried to give it an hour since the last request.

rexxjj
Brand New Start

Post by rexxjj »

It was #15 on big uns this week.

jcrowe
Brand New Start

Post by jcrowe »

I'd say tweets are the most common request method that I hear. Facebook seems to get a lot of attention as well. Kayla Riley really says a lot of nice things about Tremonti and probably gives the most attention to social media. Aaaand she's a hott rockin woman.

Also check out this link you can search songs to see when they were played. Another Heart is almost to 30 plays on Octane.

http://www.dogstarradio.com/search_play ... ur=&eampm=

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Do people in the real world listen to satellite radio?

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Radio in general is sooo 1996 #ihavkomputer

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

austin. wrote:Do people in the real world listen to satellite radio?
I have it. I mean, the price per month is equivalent to 2-3 days worth of Starbucks, so it's not that expensive.

I only have the music package though. It has around 70 channels I think.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

austin. wrote:Do people in the real world listen to satellite radio?

Haha, I kinda agree with this TBH. Only time I listen to it is when I buy a new car and get it free for a year. The comedy station(s) is nice but other than that I've found that they play the crap out of their queues just as long and just as hard as regular radio stations it's just a different setlist and I still have to listen to commercials.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I can't stand satellite radio. I used to listen to it in rental cars back when I worked in consulting, and the audio quality is so bad. And it's not like vinyl records, where the imperfect quality makes the music sound warmer and more organic. It just sounds like a poorly compressed mp3 that I downloaded off of Napster.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I've been noticing that too Alex. It sounds like a low quality MP3...really low quality lol.
Photobucket cash grab.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I just looked this up, out of curiosity. According to one expert, the average SiriusXM music channel streams at 30-50kbps, and some as high as 60kbps. That sounds really low, but the bitrate is variable, and the stream uses a more efficient compression algorithm that's closer to AAC than MP3. Apparently, that translates to the equivalent of an mp3 stream running at 128-160kbps. I find that hard to believe, though. Maybe I'm just used to higher quality digital audio these days, but SiriusXM sounds way worse than I remember the 128kbps mp3s sounding back in the day. It's so bad I usually need to turn it off.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Yeah, I don't believe that. Variable for sure though because sometimes it's not as bad as others, but 60kbps is pretty low.
Photobucket cash grab.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Better than FM radio picking up static every 20 seconds (or maybe that's just because I live around a lot of mountains).

jcrowe
Brand New Start

Post by jcrowe »

Satellite radio is pretty fantastic when you drive long distances a lot. As for quality it seems slightly better than any fm stations imo. Plus the personalities and playlists on Octane are usually pretty good.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I think a lot of people anymore listen to podcasts and stuff don't they? When I rode to florida with my uncle he kept it on a talk show channel the whole time and it was pretty cool. Kinda like TV without picture.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I personally never got into the talk show channels when I had the full access trial. Everyone has different tastes though. I think those channels get a lot of listeners. There's a pretty good sports package with Sirius as well. I only used the music channels though, so that's why I kept the music only package.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

jcrowe wrote:Satellite radio is pretty fantastic when you drive long distances a lot. As for quality it seems slightly better than any fm stations imo. Plus the personalities and playlists on Octane are usually pretty good.
Yeah I'm sure they're a boon for truck drivers and the like. I used to drive between Boston and Philly fairly often, and while I knew every rock station on the route, there were still a few dead spots. Satellite radio would have been nice in those instances.

There's no way the quality beats FM though. Even if they are comparable in terms of overall fidelity, low-quality analog will always beat low-quality digital. FM sounds warmer and more rounded. XM sounds tinny and frail. Every cymbal hit makes me cringe.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

YT vid has about a quarter of the views that YWYT has from 2 years ago. Any word on how the spins are doing in relative terms?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Not on any of the chart lists yet, usually takes a few weeks unless you're a massive band.
For all of the hope that it brings...