DUST - The Second Part

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
luke62
White Knuckled

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Post by luke62 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:I don't know if this has been posted on here yet, but I just saw this on FB posted in the Army of 12 Public Group posts :lol :facepalm :no :eek :smashcomp :slam
Damnit. There's another album!?!? Is Dirt the other 5 songs they did?

luke62
White Knuckled

Post by luke62 »

Thanks to the postal service, my Fret12 copy won't arrive until next week. The FYE copy didn't ship until today. I can't understand the guys trying to time the delivery just right to coincide with the official release. It just sucks when the postal service sucks at life.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

That poster is hilarious in a totally soul crushing way. It says it comes with a sticker, I wonder if that has the right name on it.

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

Ok am i crazy or is Mark's solo in Rising Storm waaaaayyyy too low in the mix...good lord, i can't even hear it. The heck???
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

poshisjarker wrote:Ok am i crazy or is Mark's solo in Rising Storm waaaaayyyy too low in the mix...good lord, i can't even hear it. The heck???
You must be crazy because I hear it perfectly fine.... :shrug

willy5150
TABN.com Citizen

Post by willy5150 »

Still waiting on my cd, from fret12. I ordered it the moment it became available on Fret 12 months ago. I don't think I will be ordering from them again.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Fricking Canada!

Chart Statistics
http://www.itunescharts.net/can/artists ... bums/dust/
Release date: 29 Apr 2016
Chart debut: #10 (29 Apr 2016)
Highest Position: #10 (29 Apr 2016)
Most recent chart position: #19 (30 Apr 2016)
Days on Canadian Albums Chart: 3

\m/Tremonster\m/
White Knuckled

Post by \m/Tremonster\m/ »

poshisjarker wrote:Ok am i crazy or is Mark's solo in Rising Storm waaaaayyyy too low in the mix...good lord, i can't even hear it. The heck???
Depends on where you listen. All of Mark's solos on Tremonti are WAY low on my iPod speaker, but sound fine on earphones. No idea why, just seems to be the case.

phatnonphatness
Loyal Follower

Post by phatnonphatness »

Probably because most iPod speakers are garbage.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

My Dust CD just got confirmed to start shipping from Chicago today. Probably wont be here until some time next week.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I want that dirt poster

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

Dirt - The Third Part

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Tore My Heart Out could be my favorite Tremonti song already, love it so much.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Tore My Heart Out could be my favorite Tremonti song already, love it so much.
:yeahthat I wonder why that song is so high on everyone's list when there's also a lot of criticism about too many choruses and repetition in it. :shrug

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

Tore My Heart Out is definitely a beast...i think it's one of Mark's top accomplishments in this band. To me, the verses are so cohesive and that prechorus heavy riff works so well with it. The pre-solo riff is one of the coolest riffs he's come out with in years imo...i hate unnecessary comparisons lol but for some reason it reminded ever so slightly of Damage Done. It's a far different riff but anyway...yeah just a sick song all around.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Honestly the biggest part of the song for me is the verses, they stand out much more than the other verses on the album.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

poshisjarker wrote:Tore My Heart Out is definitely a beast...i think it's one of Mark's top accomplishments in this band. To me, the verses are so cohesive and that prechorus heavy riff works so well with it. The pre-solo riff is one of the coolest riffs he's come out with in years imo...i hate unnecessary comparisons lol but for some reason it reminded ever so slightly of Damage Done. It's a far different riff but anyway...yeah just a sick song all around.
Don't you mean post-solo riff?He doesn't really have a pre-solo riff because it goes Chorus and then straight into a solo. What's an example of a time in the song it happens?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

With the way the second chorus goes into the solo, it feels like the ending of a song to me. A nice emotional climax in the solo, and a cool riff to finish it all off. That last chorus adds nothing. It's only there because it's "required" to be there.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
poshisjarker wrote:Tore My Heart Out is definitely a beast...i think it's one of Mark's top accomplishments in this band. To me, the verses are so cohesive and that prechorus heavy riff works so well with it. The pre-solo riff is one of the coolest riffs he's come out with in years imo...i hate unnecessary comparisons lol but for some reason it reminded ever so slightly of Damage Done. It's a far different riff but anyway...yeah just a sick song all around.
Don't you mean post-solo riff?He doesn't really have a pre-solo riff because it goes Chorus and then straight into a solo. What's an example of a time in the song it happens?
lol yeah my bad i meant post-solo

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Timotheus wrote:With the way the second chorus goes into the solo, it feels like the ending of a song to me. A nice emotional climax in the solo, and a cool riff to finish it all off. That last chorus adds nothing. It's only there because it's "required" to be there.
You could edit the track to stop at that point if you really dont want to hear the extra chorus Timo! :lol