Cauterize

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
TTournier
White Knuckled

Re: Cauterize

Post by TTournier »

AllC392Was wrote:Thanks for the compliment Tim! Mark said that they may do a mini tour in July and ATL might be one of the stops. PLLLEEEEAAASSSSEEE tell me theres a chance of that happening?

Thats news to me! we never had July plans... We are looking at Sep and october now. Atlanta is on the list and we will go there.

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

julio wrote:This thread needs a better title. Maybe "Updates on the Cauterize Release" or "Questions Regarding Cauterize"

maybe... but i don't really care ;)

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

AHart96 wrote:Here's an easy question Tim,

What is your favorite song(s) from Cauterize and how do you feel it compared to All I Was? Details please :) Thanks for all the updates, not just during this album cycle. It's very appreciated here

Radical Change is my top song... This record hits a lot harder then All I Was. Its better all the way around, Better vocals, sick drums, killer hooks..

Seeker_1306
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Seeker_1306 »

Hey Tim! Do you know if anything ever came of them performing acoustically for Sirius Radio? Wasn't sure if those videos would ever surface or not.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

TTournier wrote:
julio wrote:This thread needs a better title. Maybe "Updates on the Cauterize Release" or "Questions Regarding Cauterize"

maybe... but i don't really care ;)
Haha :D
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Please book Atlanta on Friday Saturday Sunday so I can go!

TREMONSTER
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TREMONSTER »

Tim, will Tremonti be playing a show in Seattle in the upcoming fall tour?
*Courtesy of Alter Bridge Bangladesh Facebook

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Will there eventually be a 24/96 version of the album on sites like HDTracks or Qobuz, or even Fret12.com ?

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Seeker_1306 wrote:Hey Tim! Do you know if anything ever came of them performing acoustically for Sirius Radio? Wasn't sure if those videos would ever surface or not.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

chtimixeur wrote:Will there eventually be a 24/96 version of the album on sites like HDTracks or Qobuz, or even Fret12.com ?
what does this mean, in comparison to what it is now? i know its got something to do with mastering or something.
Thanks Timo!

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

CD's and mp3's have a 16 bit depth and 44 kHz frequency (16/44).
Nowaways, we can have a 24/96 or a 24/192 version on dedicated websites. This means, you'll hear more details if you have a good stereo.
The great thing is also that sometimes, the files sent to these websites have a different mastering : they're less loud and more dynamic (no brickwalling or clipping). In the end, it means the songs breathe more and the guitars don't sound like they're frying.
I wish I could buy such versions of Alter Bridge, Creed and Tremonti records, but unfortunately, they're not available yet.

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

chtimixeur wrote:CD's and mp3's have a 16 bit depth and 44 kHz frequency (16/44).
Nowaways, we can have a 24/96 or a 24/192 version on dedicated websites. This means, you'll hear more details if you have a good stereo.
The great thing is also that sometimes, the files sent to these websites have a different mastering : they're less loud and more dynamic (no brickwalling or clipping). In the end, it means the songs breathe more and the guitars don't sound like they're frying.
I wish I could buy such versions of Alter Bridge, Creed and Tremonti records, but unfortunately, they're not available yet.

I doubt it... its a waste really - unless you have an awesome stereo you can't hear the difference. What it costs to do vs what you would have to charge for them just done shake out. :/ kind of a bummer.

On a side note what do you think of tidal?

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Has there been any talk of / is it more likely that we might get a Sound and Story DVD out of these two albums because it's Fret12? Mainly shooting for instrumental versions.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

@TTournier : believe me, you can easily tell the difference when the mastering is different. The first example that comes to mind is Deftones' Koi No Yokan album. The CD version sounded awful, and as I said, the guitars sounded like they were constantly frying. The high definition version was much smoother to my ears, and back then, I didn't even own a great stereo.
The same thing happened to me with Airbourne' Black Dog Barking.

Anyways, I just thought I'd ask. Thanks for the answer :)

As to Tidal or Spotify, I don't use those services, so I can't speak about them. I'm not sure artists can make a living with streaming services though...

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

There is no artist that could make a living out of streaming, I'd say. But it's hard to make a living out of selling CDs and mp3s aswell... Touring is the questions answer. And Mark and Myles do a shitton of touring. They must be fucking rich.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

You'd be surprised how little money bands make when they're not touring stadiums and arenas. Sure, they can make a decent living and don't have to work a fulltime job, but very few rock and metal artists are actually rich nowadays.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I'd say Myles and Mark are. At least Myles, since he is permanently on tour with Slash aka. Rock N' Roll's cashcow plus AB with their European concerts.

jcrowe
Brand New Start

Post by jcrowe »

Hey Tim! Do you know if anything ever came of them performing acoustically for Sirius Radio? Wasn't sure if those videos would ever surface or not.
They are going to be on Octane Unleaded tomorrow morning. They've been promoting it pretty well along with talking up the new album quite a bit.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I think Myles is rich in the sense that he can afford to buy a Ferrari.

I think Mark is rich in the sense that he can comfortably pay for his Castle that he lives in and buy guitar toys etc.

I'd say Myles has double the net worth of Mark

I'd say back in Creeds heyday, Mark and Stapp were rich rich.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

austin. wrote:I think Myles is rich in the sense that he can afford to buy a Ferrari.

I think Mark is rich in the sense that he can comfortably pay for his Castle that he lives in and buy guitar toys etc.

I'd say Myles has double the net worth of Mark

I'd say back in Creeds heyday, Mark and Stapp were rich rich.

Mark's net worth is $25 Million while Myles' is $3M according to multiple websites.

I don't think these figures are 100% accurate because they seem to be based off of news stories etc (Stapp's page says $10,000 because of the videos he made) but it's probably a good ballpark.

It makes sense if I think about it. Mark was a multi-platinum artist several times starting 15-20ish years ago. If Mark was smart, he got advice and/or a manager to invest larger sums of money. The rule of thumb for the market is that your investments with nothing else added should about double every 10 years from the returns. Since he was likely adding to that on top of it, plus invested in starting Fret 12, it makes sense that he would have more than Myles because of that jump start and extra time. He probably also got an epic pot sweetener for doing the Creed reunion album and tour(s), as well as royalties this entire time that Myles would never see any of.