Cauterize

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
austin.
On The Rail

Re: Cauterize

Post by austin. »

Stapp is worth 10 THOUSAND while Tremonti is worth 25 MILLION?

I know Stapp blew his money but those figures sound insane

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I think the net worths are just an estimation about how much money they have on their bank. I can remember that Stapp's net worth was MINUS 10k about two months ago.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Is his wife a breadwinner?

Sorry my mistake I'm derailing the topic and I didn't mean to. Sorry.

slasherbridge
White Knuckled

Post by slasherbridge »

Question for anyone who did the pre-order. Is your copy of Cauterize missing the booklet? Mine doesn't have the linner notes booklet. Did they just not make one for it? Because there's a slot for it, but the book isn't there...

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

slasherbridge wrote:Question for anyone who did the pre-order. Is your copy of Cauterize missing the booklet? Mine doesn't have the linner notes booklet. Did they just not make one for it? Because there's a slot for it, but the book isn't there...
Yup should definitely have one. Where did you get yours from?
For all of the hope that it brings...

slasherbridge
White Knuckled

Post by slasherbridge »

Directly from Fret12.com.

Some_Dude
Brand New Start

Post by Some_Dude »

TTournier wrote:
chtimixeur wrote:CD's and mp3's have a 16 bit depth and 44 kHz frequency (16/44).
Nowaways, we can have a 24/96 or a 24/192 version on dedicated websites. This means, you'll hear more details if you have a good stereo.
The great thing is also that sometimes, the files sent to these websites have a different mastering : they're less loud and more dynamic (no brickwalling or clipping). In the end, it means the songs breathe more and the guitars don't sound like they're frying.
I wish I could buy such versions of Alter Bridge, Creed and Tremonti records, but unfortunately, they're not available yet.

I doubt it... its a waste really - unless you have an awesome stereo you can't hear the difference. What it costs to do vs what you would have to charge for them just done shake out. :/ kind of a bummer.

On a side note what do you think of tidal?

What about a 24/48kHz version? They are nice to listen to. Especially if you're trying to learn a guitar / bass riff or a drum beat. Much easier to pick out individual parts when you're actually concentrating on the song itself. You could also try selling some Sony MDR-7506 studio monitor headphones through the fret12 store too. Then people could better appreciate the differences. The retail price has gone down on those over the last several years too. I see them sell between $50 and $80 for a new pair on amazon and other places. Not out of the realm of affordability for most people. And they are still widely regarded as the best headphone in the audio production and audiophile world.

I think those would make a nice package deal on the fret12 store. Then all those people who don't have good speakers, or wasted their entire paycheck on a pair of beats headphones will actually know what high quality audio is supposed to sound like. lol

Because every time I had a friend who wasted money on a $300-$400 pair of beats headphones, they would get pissed after I let them compare theirs to the 7506's and they realized they only paid that much for the brand name, and not the quality of the product. lol

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

A short pro shot of Cauterize live. :O I hope we'll get a whole DVD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLa33BoxUyc

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Praise Fret12! if we get a whole DVD of something like this. My only gripe is that when the chorus comes, Mark's vocals seems a bit lower in the mix than Erocks.

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

Mr. Slash wrote:A short pro shot of Cauterize live. :O I hope we'll get a whole DVD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLa33BoxUyc
I really wish they would have palm muted the riff before the bridge on the CD like they do live. Adds so much more "umph" to the song.... Playing it open like they did on the CD just sounds weird...

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I thought so too, but I love the song so I won't complain.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Thats the show i was at! I knew they were up to something when i saw those cameras.
Thanks Timo!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I spotted myself :D
Thanks Timo!

luke62
White Knuckled

Post by luke62 »

Can we just bow down to Fret12? Awesome operation