The Little Things in "Cauterize"

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Harry©
Bought The CDs

Re: The Little Things in "Cauterize"

Post by Harry© »

The intro to cauterise is what I imagine being run over by a 18 wheeler feels like if being run over by an 18 wheeler was a sound.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

austinjhnsn wrote:Oh sorry man i missed your post, wasnt paying much attention i guess.

And yes shea, i realize that, it just works so well in that context, i thought i'd mention it..
Are you SURE you didn't think that Mark and Elvis had managed to co-opt the souls of the dead into singing a cameo on his album? I ask because I don't want to be the only one...
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:
austinjhnsn wrote:Oh sorry man i missed your post, wasnt paying much attention i guess.

And yes shea, i realize that, it just works so well in that context, i thought i'd mention it..
Are you SURE you didn't think that Mark and Elvis had managed to co-opt the souls of the dead into singing a cameo on his album? I ask because I don't want to be the only one...
I think that's probably what happened. Seems ludacris for it to be otherwise.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Ubik wrote:

Well thats what it sounds like, so it has to be that, right?! I just hope they're credited on the album.
Thanks Timo!

idlefan2011
Brand New Start

Post by idlefan2011 »

"How could you ever deny I care? I Loved" I love that line. I can't get over Dark Trip. On another note am I one of few to prefer Marks voice to Myles? I know Myles is a better singer, just personal preference.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

idlefan2011 wrote:On another note am I one of few to prefer Marks voice to Myles? I know Myles is a better singer, just personal preference.
+1 on that :mtrocks Especially after Cauterize; I'm starting to prefer his voice more; But that may change by AB V. I guess it's another vocalist phase I'm going through. If Mark had the range and the technique to go along with his voice, then it wouldn't be such a challenge to chose which one I preferred more, though.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

I always liked singers with the vocal style of Mark. AB is the first band I like that doesn't have a lead singer without that 'edge' to his voice haha! So I really like that Mark developed his voice so much and it sounds amazing! But comparing it to Myles is apples and oranges, and also dependent on the vibe/music of the band. I mean, there is no one else but Myles that could have done that haunting Waters Rising bridge! But Myles singing Arm Yourself would be weird...

slasherbridge
White Knuckled

Post by slasherbridge »

Dat bass at 2:59 on Dark Trip. The bass in the entire bridge section, actually.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

The bass on the whole record. I'm digging it. Glad to have Wolfie.
Photobucket cash grab.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

:yeahthat He did a fantastic job on this record.

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

The bridge of Dark Trip is probably the most progressive thing Mark has ever done. The whole bridge before the solo sounds like it could be part of a TesseracT song (especially because of the high harmony in the vocals and the bass). Definitely my favorite.
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

slasherbridge
White Knuckled

Post by slasherbridge »

"BUT I'M AFRAID I'M INCLINED TO FIGHT THIS ONE ALONE!"

Grizzly9773
Brand New Start

Post by Grizzly9773 »

Cauterize chorus. Best thing ever.
Tie the noose lyrically and the way it flows, especially the chorus. Yummy.
The guitar layering in the bridge of flying monkeys.
CAUTERIZE BRIDGE. Simple but heavy and headbangingly sexy.

3:22- dark trip...that harmony gives me chills (and the solo).

Weird to say this, but the very last few seconds of Radical Change. I feel like songs don't know how to end very well, they just kinda stop. Radical changes keeps that terrific energy going that starts right off the bat into the very last few seconds as they hit those final few notes before silence. Gives me chills up until the very end.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ryan wrote:The bass on the whole record. I'm digging it. Glad to have Wolfie.
I like how you consider the bass, 1/4 of the band to be "the little things." :lol Poor bassists.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

jhart9896
Brand New Start

Post by jhart9896 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
idlefan2011 wrote:On another note am I one of few to prefer Marks voice to Myles? I know Myles is a better singer, just personal preference.
+1 on that :mtrocks Especially after Cauterize; I'm starting to prefer his voice more; But that may change by AB V. I guess it's another vocalist phase I'm going through. If Mark had the range and the technique to go along with his voice, then it wouldn't be such a challenge to chose which one I preferred more, though.

I too am in the camp of those that prefer Mark's voice compared to Myles

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

jhart9896 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

I too am in the camp of those that prefer Mark's voice compared to Myles
^I am not fully related to this guy, I promise
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Andy92 wrote:
Ryan wrote:The bass on the whole record. I'm digging it. Glad to have Wolfie.
I like how you consider the bass, 1/4 of the band to be "the little things." :lol Poor bassists.
No, it was more a comment to the post before mine pointing out some bass lines. Whole record has some great bass. :)
Photobucket cash grab.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Haha I gotcha. It really does add another dimension to the band that was missing on All I Was.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

The artwork. Seriously, everything from when Creed started to AB, to now Tremonti is always uniquely original. I have a lot of Dan's work framed in my room. One thing I always enjoy from new music from any band Mark is involved with-sick new artwork

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Dat Queen'y Brian May style octaver riff in the first pre-chorus of Providence. Love that moment.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp