Mark on Talk is Jericho Podcast

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
luke62
White Knuckled

Mark on Talk is Jericho Podcast

Post by luke62 »

Mark will be on Chris Jericho's podcast, Talk is Jericho, tomorrow. Jericho is a metal head himself in addition to being a superstar in WWE. Looking forward to it!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Mark on Talk is Jericho Podcast

Post by anguyen92 »

Man, I've been wanting Jericho for get Mark on his show ever since he started doing podcasts. That stated, I don't think Jericho is going to cover too much ground, well, at least, not as much as the Jasta one, in terms of band finance and the Creed issue. I do know that Jericho, for certain, is going to recall the tale on how he got Mark and Myles to guest on Fozzy's All That Remains album. Should be a good conversation and, hopefully, we get a little more detail on certain things regarding Cauterize/Dust and AB V and what's the touring plan going to look like for 2015-2016.

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

Hopefully metalingus will get a mention, Jericho and edge both being Canadian etc should be a good listen if anything! I'm sure mark is a wrestling fan!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Interesting part where Mark told a story of the president of Wind-Up record, Alan Meltzer, flew down to hear the demos of ODR and he fell asleep while they were playing these demos live. Granted, the guy looked pretty somewhat ill and Mark stated that he was on a good amount of medication and stuff like that, but still it's a nice motivator where the president of the record label of your band fell asleep you are trying to play stuff to him. Funniest bit of the story was that when he woke up he said, "Shed My Skin has the biggest song."
benjoAB wrote:Hopefully metalingus will get a mention, Jericho and edge both being Canadian etc should be a good listen if anything! I'm sure mark is a wrestling fan!
Yep, after that Meltzer story was told, they started to talk about Metalingus. Oddly enough, it was known to be a demo title and Meltzer state that "you are not changing it, it's a great title."

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I could've gone to that showcase of the ODR songs. My old neighbor works for Sony and had an invite to the showcase (I believe they were showcasing to more than one label or she knew someone, I forget). A few weeks after the album came out and my license plates (ALTR BRG) showed up for my car she saw them and didn't know I was a fan. :( that would've been epic.
Photobucket cash grab.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

It is interesting to hear that Tremonti still has a positive relationship with Diana Meltzer who was a integral part of Windup Records. A company that has fucked over Tremonti and Co. many times.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Company is not = people working there

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

GREAT interview.
If you only want to hear what he has to say about Creed's career and reunion, it starts arounjd the 52 minute mark.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

julio wrote:It is interesting to hear that Tremonti still has a positive relationship with Diana Meltzer who was a integral part of Windup Records. A company that has fucked over Tremonti and Co. many times.
I think from what I've heard, Alan Meltzer sleeping while AB were playing aside, it seems like Mark does have a good relationship with the Meltzers. It could be that the other higher-ups executive powers-they-be of Wind-Up really didn't care about really building and distinguishing AB's brand. For all we know, maybe the Meltzers were for giving AB whatever direction they want in their music, but they got overpowered or something by other top players and it could be that there's not much they can do about it.

Also, Wind-Up pulling the single of Find the Real out of the radio market? Are you kidding me? That's a f'en great song and a great live track that the crowd always likes to hear and it gets pulled out? In hindsight, they really should have pushed Metalingus as the 1st single as it was getting a lot of traction being Edge's theme song to the point where it's the band's most well-known song and it's not even a radio single and if it was pushed as a radio single, then it could have given AB everything they need to prove to Wind-Up that they are going to have their own identity and succeed as a band.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Now I wanna buy DDP Yoga and KOIOS nootropic...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I hear great things about DDP Yoga as well. I may want to give it a try just to live a little healthier and be more flexible especially in my knees, but I'm too lazy to order the stuff or do the programs or follow the diet.