Poll: Top 5 albums from Mark’s Discography

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/

What are your 5 favorite albums from Mark’s discography?

My Own Prison (1997)
4%
Human Clay (1999)
8%
Weathered (2001)
2%
One Day Remains (2004)
9%
Blackbird (2007)
17%
Full Circle (2009)
1%
AB III (2010)
11%
All I Was (2012)
4%
Fortress (2013)
18%
Cauterize (2015)
3%
Dust (2016)
6%
The Last Hero (2016)
3%
A Dying Machine (2018)
13%

Total votes: 212

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Re: Poll: Top 5 albums from Mark’s Discography

Post by LosingPatience »

Kreuger wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:I love how the results have the first four AB albums (no Last Hero, huh............) and the most recent Tremonti record. Shows how good Mark’s solo gig is right now versus AB.
I like ADM a lot but TLH is infinitely better.

Also love ADM also think TLH >>>>>>ADM, really dont get the hate for the album, in fact TLH was the album where my friend finally converted to AB said it was their best easily. No song on ADM beats Cradle,This Side Of Fate or The Last Hero imo

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

LosingPatience wrote: Also love ADM also think TLH >>>>>>ADM, really dont get the hate for the album, in fact TLH was the album where my friend finally converted to AB said it was their best easily. No song on ADM beats Cradle,This Side Of Fate or The Last Hero imo
It's not the fact that people hate the album for the arrangements of songs, lyrical content (all right, all right, a few people may have not liked the more pondering about society or leaders lyrics of it at times), musicianship, etc. When it is judged in terms of those aspects, The Last Hero stacks up with pretty much all of the AB albums and Tremonti albums (which is pretty all friken awesome if you ask me). That stated, in terms of how it sounded, honestly, A Dying Machine feels a lot more easier on the ears than The Last Hero (which is really jarring since it was Elvis that did the production for every album Mark Tremonti is a part of since 2007, excluding Full Circle).

For some people, it is irrelevant how awesomely crafted the songs are if they cannot hear all the instruments as pristine as it should be and that's where people could favor A Dying Machine (and Year of the Tiger) over The Last Hero and that sorta frustrates me as an AB fan first, a Mark and/or Myles fan second. I wouldn't ever think that a Mark or Myles solo album would be more enjoyable than an AB album, but that was indeed the case for A Dying Machine and Year of the Tiger and the production of The Last Hero really killed off that enjoyment. I'm not one that's extremely nitpicky about album production, but hearing The Last Hero album in full felt more tolling in the end. I mean if the mixing and mastering was handled with the care of Fortress, then it's more of a non-issue to me, but that's not the case.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

My Own Prison (sentimental choice)
Blackbird
Fortress
A Dying Machine
ODR

Cauterize/Dust (which I consider to be one double album) just misses.

I am surprised that Human Clay has more votes than My Own Prison TBH. The impression I always got was that My Own Prison was considered Creed's best followed by Human Clay then Full Circle then Weathered.